Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

ESSO - 25% Bonus Aeroplan (March 13 to July 3, 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ESSO - 25% Bonus Aeroplan (March 13 to July 3, 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by mapleg
If you are paying Safeway prices, you are paying that 9 cents a litre one way or another
Not the way I shop.
A couple weeks ago, $190 for over 700 Air Miles.
Average savings of 40% off their overpriced products.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Down both Esso Extra points and Aeroplan.

This is why gets annoying sometimes for Aeroplan when filling up gas, in order to maximize your points you need to have your total $ to be divisible by $3 if not you wont get that extra point.
Yeah, like one Aeroplan point is really going to mean something. You can buy one for 3 cents.

Take a look at how much you earned all year with Esso (not counting the credit card part of it). Is it worth getting worked up about?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I try to avoid going into Esso to buy anything. It seems like every time I hand over my black Aeroplan card I get asked "what card is this?"
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:37 pm
alc
Original Poster

just fill up another $60 tank and did it at the pump and the receipt again show "25% BONUS IN 72hr"

the bonus from Monday not show yet. once it show, i will post again to confirm whether pay at the pump work or not.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Aeroplan earned on Esso car wash

Not sure where this fits but had a fun one at the car wash. Suddenly realized it was Esso and said oh Aeroplan.

Took out my card. She asked for the orange one. Seriously? Are there that few
P/E card holders in the GTA?

Then apparently my 25% bonus is also 5 points. So 25% of 5 is 5. Unless $17 or something is 4 points. Whatever!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:48 am

I just purchased $12.35 of midgrade gasoline and received a total of 8 Aeroplan miles. 4+4

Im New To collecting any sort of points. Now it's figuring out what is the best way to get more.

Originally Posted by alc
I couple days ago after I fill up at an ESSO gas station, I noticed the receipt state +25% right beside the number of miles I will be getting. I didn't search for it until today and found it is 1 month promo from ESSO:

Fill up on bonus miles

Whether you're on the road for the weekend or the week, now you can earn 25% more bonus miles at Esso™ stations. Simply add an eligible* in‑store item to your fuel purchase in the same transaction and swipe your Aeroplan card in the same minimum payment transaction† to earn bonus miles. A minimum spend of $12 is required.

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Offer available March 13 to April 3, 2017 at participating Esso™ stations. Aeroplan Card must be swiped at the time of purchase to earn miles. To be eligible for the 25% bonus, you must make an in‑store purchase of fuel and an eligible* in‑store item in the same payment transaction or purchase fuel in‑store or at the pump and a car wash in the same payment transaction†. Bonus miles must be issued in full; no half miles will be awarded. Bonus miles will be added to your account within 4 business days and will not appear on receipt at time of purchase.

†Minimum combined purchase of $12 required to earn 25% more Aeroplan Miles.

*Some exclusions apply, including purchases of tobacco, alcohol and Esso Gift Cards.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
"Since January 1, 2017 you've earned 5 eligible miles."

I guess it was 4+(4*.25=)1 bonus.

Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Doug1
I just purchased $12.35 of midgrade gasoline and received a total of 8 Aeroplan miles. 4+4

Im New To collecting any sort of points. Now it's figuring out what is the best way to get more.
Welcome to FT. You've come to the right place!

Be warned, your life may never be the same again.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: AC, AA, AS, UA, WN, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Thought I read that you must make an "in-store" purchase. I hardly ever go in the store, unless I need to pee all their stuff are over priced. OR maybe if I feel like buying a lottery.

I personally only use Esso, and since I use Premium gas I get 1 mile per $1 technically but its based on $3 spend for Aeroplan. I also have Esso Extra which I get 3 points per $1 (Premium gas), plus I have RBC Infinite card. Meaning I can transfer my Esso points to RBC points. Good for revenue flights but some can covert it to Avios for 50% more.
You're allowed to earn Esso Extra and Aeroplan for the same fill-up? I always thought it was pick one or the other scenario??
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:04 am
alc
Original Poster

Promo Extended to July 3rd

Was filling up over the weekend and notice the promo had been extended to July 3rd, haven't check Aeroplan went yet (as it is on Maint... again) but found it on the Esso Web site:

https://www.esso.ca/en/aeroplan

Offer available April 4 to July 3, 2017 at participating Esso™ stations. Aeroplan Card must be swiped at the time of purchase to earn miles. To be eligible for the 25% bonus, you must make an in-store purchase of fuel and an eligible** in-store item in the same payment transaction or purchase fuel in-store or at the pump and a car wash in the same payment transaction†. Bonus miles must be issued in full; no half miles will be awarded. Bonus miles will be added to your account within 4 business days and will not appear on receipt at time of purchase.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by YoYUL
You're allowed to earn Esso Extra and Aeroplan for the same fill-up? I always thought it was pick one or the other scenario??

Sorry OR so depending on the promotion if there's any.

1) I have TD Aeroplan Infinite Visa + Aeroplan Card
2) I have RBC Infinite Visa + Esso Card

So I technically can double dip.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:29 pm
alc
Original Poster

Just a reminder that this promo end next Monday July 3rd. Line up all your purchase and do a big transaction

Non ESSO giftcard might work on this promo, as I think as long as the item earn your Aeroplan miles, you will get the bonus points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.