Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2017 Spring Convert Promo (Mar. 13 to Apr. 17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Spring Convert Promo (Mar. 13 to Apr. 17)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Rykoshet
One year
^ Thanks, I also read up on it and apparently you can call in and have it extended for an additional year.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by bornsupercharged
^ Thanks, I also read up on it and apparently you can call in and MAY BE ABLE TO have it extended for an additional year.
There, I fixed it for you.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rykoshet
I think 14 nights in a CAT 5 is worth 48k AP. But that's just me.
I don't think anyone would dispute that. It's more that if you only plan to spend 3 nights in any one city, the value proposition changes.

That being said, I'm considering this. I'm sitting on a few MR points that I was just going to convert 1:1.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:53 pm
alc
Original Poster

not trying to be the Mod , but just thought to point out the dedicated thread on Marriott Travel Package:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-packages.html

A quick summary of these certs (include what others had mentioned already)

- 1 yr initial expiry which can be extend for 1 year on the day you call in
- this extension is the current policy by Marriott, but of course this can change with the new combine SPG/Marriott program, whenever they will release it
- You can use it for any number of nights, up to 7-nights, per cert for 1 reservation.
- If you want to stay at a higher CAT, you can just pay the differences in points for the Travel Package. It is Pretty much 30K per CAT until you reach Tier 1-3, before 80K going from Tier 1-3 to Tier 4-5

Please reminder that those with US AMEX MR, the ratio for AMEX MR to SPG is 3:1, so beware not to be confused with the Cdn 2:1 ratio. As that, IMO, is not worth if for the US AMEX MR. Hence I added "Cdn" in my post below.

hope this help.

Last edited by alc; Mar 14, 2017 at 3:59 pm
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
Not sure how their math works in the French email I got:
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
alc Doing a direct 90K SPG transfer instead of the AMEX route for 120k+30k AE and the 7 night cert to use for my sisters honeymoon trip ! Unreal that it covers covers one Aeroplan RTW Asia 1 J ticket + up to the 7 nights at a Cat 5. Unreal deal!!!

Thanks again for sharing!!!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:18 pm
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKYEG
alc Doing a direct 90K SPG transfer instead of the AMEX route for 120k+30k AE and the 7 night cert to use for my sisters honeymoon trip ! Unreal that it covers covers one Aeroplan RTW Asia 1 J ticket + up to the 7 nights at a Cat 5. Unreal deal!!!

Thanks again for sharing!!!
no problem... and it had been too good to true to any airlines Marriott partner with as well... which is why I believe most people think this will change when the program merged... I actually was a bit surprise Aeroplan didn't have any T&C against Travel Package for this convert promo. Just look like SW where they try to pull a quick one to disqualify it for CP starting Jan 1 (no adv notice), later they have to change it to be start on Apr 1.

And for your "starting at SPG" example is even better as 90K with the normal 25% Bonus (when you redeem every 20K) will only get you 112.5K Aeroplan. and going thru this you get 7.5K more even without this convert promo + 7-nights hotel stay. So, your hotel stay is free.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:02 am

How does SPG conversions work during this promo?

For example, if I convert 20K SPG, would it be (20K + 25%bonus) + 20% = 30K?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:54 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
How does SPG conversions work during this promo?

For example, if I convert 20K SPG, would it be (20K + 25%bonus) + 20% = 30K?
Your calculation is correct. The regular 25% bonus is from SPG, so you get 25K Aeroplan in 1 line when it show up on your Aeroplan account.

But unless you really need these Aeroplan right now or you don't have other ways to boost your SPG balance to 90K, you might want to consider the Marriott Travel Package option.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
This program is not working for me. When I press convert, nothing happens. I'm in Safari. Advice?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:55 pm

Also tried Firefox and that's not working either.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:36 pm
alc
Original Poster

Safti, I assumed you are referring to the Marriott Travel Package, if it is, it required to call in. Some mentioned on the Marriott Travel Package thread that you can first select it as your "Dream Rewards" first, but I haven't try it myself. Good Luck.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Where's the link to this promotion?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:01 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
Where's the link to this promotion?
Here you go:

https://www4.aeroplan.com/promotions...version2000366

--- added ---

Someone at Aeroplan IT is really lazy on coming up with this promo/web page. Look at the URL, it had "FallConversion" in it
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:45 pm

No, it wasn't the travel package that I was looking at. I just wanted to convert hotel points to AP miles and the site wasn't taking me anywhere. What's up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.