Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Flying with fish

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
Appreciate the good advice and replies.

I don't think we are using a lodge; it's a private boat, not a commercial one. All the packing and such as that will be on me. I have about half a day in the city before I catch my flight home, assuming we get back on time.

Here's hoping I can return safely home with some nice collars and bellies, and other delicacies.
If you are cleaning and packing the fish, ie filetting them, then ensure you leave the skin on the fish or at least a piece that can identify the type of fish you are carrying. Dry ice is fine, as well as whatever they pack in the lobster boxes in the east coast.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Have anyone flew with their pet fish?
With a special emotional support harness?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by stinger
If you are cleaning and packing the fish, ie filetting them, then ensure you leave the skin on the fish or at least a piece that can identify the type of fish you are carrying. Dry ice is fine, as well as whatever they pack in the lobster boxes in the east coast.
This is only if you processed the fish yourself. If you had it processed commercially, skin/tail is not required.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
This is only if you processed the fish yourself. If you had it processed commercially, skin/tail is not required.
Correct, believe OP is going to process himself.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
If you will all scroll up to post 28, you will see the OP has successfully completed the travel.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
St. Jean's has an office at the South Terminal of YVR. I'm pretty sure they will pack in styrofoam boxes with ice if you want to take it with you as checked baggage. Otherwise, they will process it by smoking, canning or whatever you want, and then ship to you, saving a bunch of hassle.

http://www.stjeans.com
I was unfamiliar with St. Jean's, and though I didn't use them to process my fish, we did get sea ice (ice made from saltwater) from them to keep everything cold during the trip. Many thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.