Search

7K on AC B777-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
7K on AC B777-300ER

How is this seat?
I will be very tired, so I plan to sleep for the duration of my flight from YYZ-FRA. Is this seat too close to the lavatory that I will be waking up each time people open the door, or flush the toilet? Thoughts please

Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
How is this seat?
I will be very tired, so I plan to sleep for the duration of my flight from YYZ-FRA. Is this seat too close to the lavatory that I will be waking up each time people open the door, or flush the toilet? Thoughts please

Thanks.
Are you a light sleeper? Given that you're going to be tired maybe sleep won't be much of an issue?

I've never had a problem sleeping in any J seat, however I'm also someone that sleeps through earthquakes.

If you're really concerned about foot traffic noise, why not choose a seat closer to the front or in one of the middle rows?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Is this seat too close to the lavatory that I will be waking up each time people open the door, or flush the toilet?
No.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Is this seat too close to the lavatory that I will be waking up each time people open the door, or flush the toilet?
No.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
No - only issue with that seat is if you want to eat then sleep. You are last for food/drink service.
But ideal if you're looking to sleep all the way. J washrooms are ahead, so nobody walks back past you except the occasional cabin crew.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
No - only issue with that seat is if you want to eat then sleep. You are last for food/drink service.
But ideal if you're looking to sleep all the way. J washrooms are ahead, so nobody walks back past you except the occasional cabin crew.
This is only true on the small J 77W. The version that usually flies YYZ-FRA has both J cabins and 2/3 lavs are behind row 7
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by jaysona

If you're really concerned about foot traffic noise, why not choose a seat closer to the front or in one of the middle rows?
I'd stay clear of the front. They leave the snack tray in row 1, with a nice little light and coffee cup lamp shade You'll be entertained with the sound of people opening Mrs Vickies chip bags for the duration of your 8 hr flight.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
This is only true on the small J 77W. The version that usually flies YYZ-FRA has both J cabins and 2/3 lavs are behind row 7
Yes- there are 2 lavs behind....but there is a large gap and an exit door in between Row 7 and the lavs.

I have sat in these seats (A and K) many times and have never been bothered by the lavs.

There are some crew storage bins next to 7A, which can sometimes be noisy in the middle of the night, but I dont remember that on 7K.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by sram
I'd stay clear of the front. They leave the snack tray in row 1, with a nice little light and coffee cup lamp shade You'll be entertained with the sound of people opening Mrs Vickies chip bags for the duration of your 8 hr flight.
I completely agree.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Liars! 7K is right next to the lav, but the lav is after the emergency exit but 7K is before it. I've had Gabby pax stand in the "galley" yapping away about silly flying and stuff trying to impress second-shift FAs, but at least you will not feel the slamming of the lav door.

Avoid 1K altogether. The storage cabinet for return flight is there, and somehow they always have need to access it. It it by far the poopiest seat in the front, unless you want to yammer with the cabin crew all flight long.

FAs from the back cabin use the storage near 1K, and midflight I've experienced them refreshing makeup or whatnot.

In-ear monitors (forget Bose poopoo).. 15db+ attenuation, plus a good "white noise" generator will give you good sleep. 7K and 1K are my favourites notwithstanding the caveates I post. Except when some "deadheading pilot" screws up K... Take A if you can. Yes yes 777 has overhead sleeper bunks.... OK, yep yep FFs and SDs. Lawsuit pending.

But yea, go with BA or AF or KLM if you can. Oh enjoy the relined toilets in the lav... The black plastic overalls put on top of the corroding toilets they have.

Edit: Had to replace all "lab"s with "lav"s becUAse of android's insistAnce I can't spell.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Had 7K YUL/CDG yesterday. Terrible seat. Could smell the toilet all night. Frequent light leakage every time the curtain is drawn. Heavy traffic throughout. Awkward one window. A couple of loud bangs. Yeah, not my choice . Rebooked into it by Concierge following a canceled flight, a missing bag and an overnight at the Sheraton. Just another day with AC.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Liars! 7K is right next to the lav, but the lav is after the emergency exit but 7K is before it.
Sorry- you are right on the 777. I was referring to Row 6 (last row of the front cabin). Which I thought has now transformed into Row 7 on some of re-furbed birds...

I owuld not take the seat in the first row of the 2nd cabin.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

. Is this seat too close to the lavatory that I will be waking up each time people open the door...
No
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sram
I grabbed the Kit Kat bars on Sunday.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: UA GOLD (1MM)
So then are there seats on this aircraft that are preferred over others? I'm flying LHR-YYZ and currently have been assigned 3K....is this a good choice, or would I be better of with something else?

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.