Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC code share LHR to JNB

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
AC code share LHR to JNB

How long does it take to get mileage and COS credits from flights like this which are AC code shares with South African Airways? Mine was in Buz class and a week ago. Nothing showing in my ac account yet.

I had an intra Africa flight on SAA which has already booked but not my AC Code share yet from LHR to JNB.

I recall other problems people have had on these segments.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
I have the same problem too. Been waiting since December 31. Submitted a claim.

My SA flight got credited but not my AC codeshare flight on SA
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Receiving mileage credit for SAA flights indeed often is an issue (particularly on codeshare flights, but also domestic SAA flights IME).

Give it 4-6 weeks, and if miles don't post, start the usual retro-claim process.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Waiting still for JNB LHR Buz Class credits

It has now been over 8 weeks since I returned from South Africa. I got all credits in Buz Class except my AC Code share from and to JNB from LHR. This is a big amount of mileage and AQDs.

I am told it will be posted eventually which is not very assuring but I await in anticipation.

What if this never gets posted? What are my options? I have submitted my boarding passes to prove I was on the flights in question. This was an AC Code share with South African in Buz class.

Not impressed with this service one bit. I should have received this credit many weeks ago.

Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:39 pm

Isn't SAA One World? When I co-shared on AC to CPT, the LHR/CPT lags went to my BA account, and I had the YYZ/LHR lags go to my United account.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by johnston21
Isn't SAA One World? When I co-shared on AC to CPT, the LHR/CPT lags went to my BA account, and I had the YYZ/LHR lags go to my United account.
No, SAA is in Star Alliance. Maybe you flew BA?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
This post is very timely for me, as I'm planning a trip to SA in January 2018. Even though, there are numerous other options to fly from Canada to SA, either via Sao Paulo or Zurich, most of the options are with SAA via LHR or FRA. I look forward to hearing when you have finally received all of your AQDs, as this is also the main reason, why I'm travelling this routing with very long layovers.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: AC SE MM
I've been waiting for credit from LHR-JNB-CPT CPT-JNB-LHR in J Class since January. I did the online thing and then after calling them and sending in ticket/boarding pass info, I'm still waiting. Terrible.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:04 am

Thanks for the information, Chowtime - I will certainly look at alternative routings.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qrctraveller68
This post is very timely for me, as I'm planning a trip to SA in January 2018. Even though, there are numerous other options to fly from Canada to SA, either via Sao Paulo or Zurich, most of the options are with SAA via LHR or FRA. I look forward to hearing when you have finally received all of your AQDs, as this is also the main reason, why I'm travelling this routing with very long layovers.
Just curious: Have you ever seen a routing via GRU on the AC website (not talking about Aeroplan)?

Btw, there are plenty of options on LH via FRA (and MUC depending on time of year) if you want to avoid SA.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:15 am

Jasper - unfortunately, I have never seen the GRU routing on the AC website, but certainly doable. The reason, and I could be wrong, that I didn't want to reserve the LH flight options to SA is I found that the LH options didn't offer the AC codeshare option, thus reducing my AQD.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jasper - unfortunately, I have never seen the GRU routing on the AC website, but certainly doable. The reason, and I could be wrong, that I didn't want to reserve the LH flight options to SA is I found that the LH options didn't offer the AC codeshare option, thus reducing my AQD.
As of this year, you no longer need to book flights as a codeshare to count for AQD (as long as the flights are on AC ticket stock).

And I asked regarding routing via GRU since it's my understanding that AC fares North America - South Africa do not allow routing via South America.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
The rule has changed. You can now earn AQDs on all eligible *A flights as long as it's an AC ticket (014).

https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/overview?lang=en
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:45 pm

Thanks guy regarding the new AQD rules - rookie overlook by me, which is why I enjoy FT so much. I will definitely travel with Lufthansa instead of SAA.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Still waiting for flights from just over a month ago. Submitted a claim, but haven't heard anything back. All the normal SAA flights I took posted fine, just this codeshare LHR-JNB failed to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.