Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Seat selection - codeshare operated by Asiana

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E50K, CX Gold, SPG Gold

I'll be flying YVR-ICN-BKK of which the second leg is operated by Asiana but with AC code. I called AC and checked whether they could select a seat for me. They couldn't and told me to call Asiana. When I called Asiana, they said they couldn't select a seat for me but said AC probably could.

Anyone had experience with this before? Did you have to wait till check-in time to be able to pick a seat??
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
You need the Asiana locator. If AC can't give it to you, Asiana ought to be able to find you with your personal details and flight #/date. For codeshares the operating airline assigns seats, at least that's always been my experience.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bartolo
You need the Asiana locator. If AC can't give it to you, Asiana ought to be able to find you with your personal details and flight #/date. For codeshares the operating airline assigns seats, at least that's always been my experience.
Thanks.

Asiana did provide me with the locator, but at the same time, they said they could not help me pick a seat...
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by ailiton
Thanks.

Asiana did provide me with the locator, but at the same time, they said they could not help me pick a seat...
Did you try calling the booking up on their website? That works with some airlines.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arf04
Did you try calling the booking up on their website? That works with some airlines.
I did. But the option for selecting a seat is missing.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
It's a codeshare, which usually means no advance seat selections, no upgrades, and no online check-in. If you already called Asiana with their locator and that didn't solve the issue, try calling back a couple more times. I got burned once with a codeshare two years ago, and never booked codeshares again.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: EY Platinum, UA PremiereG, Hilton Diamond, Aclub Gold, Hertz PCs
I'll be flying YVR-ICN-BKK of which the second leg is operated by Asiana but with AC code. I called AC and checked whether they could select a seat for me. They couldn't and told me to call Asiana. When I called Asiana, they said they couldn't select a seat for me but said AC probably could.

Anyone had experience with this before? Did you have to wait till check-in time to be able to pick a seat??
I am flying from SYD to YYZ next month, AC ticket and metal, made the booking through an agent not able to assign seats. I have logged in AC website and all the seat on all the flights show occupied. I then called the airline and was told to do it at the check in.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
I did. But the option for selecting a seat is missing.
I downloaded Asiana's mobile app and was able to select seats.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

I have the app, but the button for selecting seats was missing.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:55 pm

Asiana's mobile app is the worst.

I had an AP award ticket on two separate OZ flights and was able to select seats by phoning them. Not sure if it's the same when booked directly with AC.

I guess you could always try calling again to see.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

I've booked 014 tickets with OZ operated segments and had no problem going on the OZ website to select my seats. This was for C/J so not sure if that makes a difference.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by chriskayTO
Asiana's mobile app is the worst.
Even worse than the AC app?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctor
I am flying from SYD to YYZ next month, AC ticket and metal, made the booking through an agent not able to assign seats. I have logged in AC website and all the seat on all the flights show occupied. I then called the airline and was told to do it at the check in.
Just my experience with AC a couple of years ago. Same thing happened to me. I was to fly HKG-YVR-YYZ. I could not get YVR-YYZ seat assigned in Hong Kong prior to flight, and was told by agents at HKG to request seat assignment when I reached YVR.

When I got to YVR, agents told me that the flight was full, and I could not get on. As well, there was an elderly couple in the same situation. They were tired and stressed out. They spoke very little English, and told me in Chinese that their son was waiting to pick them up from Toronto airport. I made a big fuss and all 3 of us were finally seated in middle section of the last row of this flight.

Moral of the story. I always insist on seat assignment.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS

Were you trying to choose a specific seat, or just get a seat in general? You can call back and have them send a generic seat SSR for aisle or window and see if it comes back confirmed or not. Although this page from OZ indicates they don't support advance seat selection on codeshares: https://us.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepa...0&menuType=CMS

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I've booked 014 tickets with OZ operated segments and had no problem going on the OZ website to select my seats. This was for C/J so not sure if that makes a difference.
AC or OZ flight number? OZ flight number should not be an issue
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
I have the app, but the button for selecting seats was missing.
I followed the instructions as per this flyer talk post (link below, scroll down to Aeroklahoma's post) and was able to select my seats. My seats are in business class. I was not able to to select seats on the website but the mobile app worked.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ick-seats.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.