Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Met along the way; travel encounters with other Air Canada forum members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Met along the way; travel encounters with other Air Canada forum members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:36 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Sometimes you have to go to a DO for that.
Good point. Still waiting for a Vegas Do
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Was an absolute joy and pleasant surprise to run into @24left and @gabdusch earlier this week in ZRH. Despite coming from 3 different parts of Europe, it seems we all know where to look for good-valued TATL redemptions
gabdusch and 24left like this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ffsim
Was an absolute joy and pleasant surprise to run into @24left and @gabdusch earlier this week in ZRH. Despite coming from 3 different parts of Europe, it seems we all know where to look for good-valued TATL redemptions
@ffsim
Awwww......it really was awesome and so great to have a bit of time together.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Here’s a question...how do you people find each other? I assume with the number of flights I take that I must be on planes with FT people but how would I know?
musicmtl likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Here’s a question...how do you people find each other? I assume with the number of flights I take that I must be on planes with FT people but how would I know?

I now have a yellow FT tag thanks to @yyznomad. I'd also recognize about a dozen people if I saw them from the Dos I've been do
(And yes I've probably met more than a dozen people face to face but unless we spent significant time talking or have met at multiple Dos I may not recall you as I have a terrible memory for faces!)

There are also a number of photos of various people in various threads here
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Some of us have met at Do's and thus would recognize familiar faces, others have met in lounges and on planes. This year, I've flown with FTers sitting right nearby and we only discovered this later, on FT. I don't think most people would post publicly of their upcoming flights, unless related to a Do or similar, eg. the recent YQB.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94

I now have a yellow FT tag thanks to @yyznomad. I'd also recognize about a dozen people if I saw them from the Dos I've been do
(And yes I've probably met more than a dozen people face to face but unless we spent significant time talking or have met at multiple Dos I may not recall you as I have a terrible memory for faces!)

There are also a number of photos of various people in various threads here
And some lurkers here have spotted my yellow FT tag on board a flight, in line for boarding at the gate, etc., which got them to start conversation with me.

Originally Posted by 24left
Some of us have met at Do's and thus would recognize familiar faces, others have met in lounges and on planes. This year, I've flown with FTers sitting right nearby and we only discovered this later, on FT. I don't think most people would post publicly of their upcoming flights, unless related to a Do or similar, eg. the recent YQB.
Pretty much this.

All of the above of what @jc94 and @24left said... plus as you noted it is also by sheer volume.

Over the years I've bumped into, unannounced, unplanned, etc. to various FTers at several airports and lounges across the globe... this happened often when I was doing weekly TATL and TPAC trips in addition to thrice-weekly transcons for a period of six years.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Over the years I've bumped into, unannounced, unplanned, etc. to various FTers at several airports and lounges across the globe...
Including the YYZ Concierge office.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Including the YYZ Concierge office.
Yes indeed.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I have heard reference to these yellow tags several times here. A thing from yesteryear?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have heard reference to these yellow tags several times here. A thing from yesteryear?
Most likely, yes.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I have the yellow tag on my backpack too. However the only flyertalk merchandise currently available for purchase is a lapel pin. Go to My Flyertalk above and click on Flyertalk Merchandise
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ffsim
What a surprise indeed, it was great finally meeting you!

Yes, unbeatable value from our friends at LX and while the inflight experience in J can sometimes be hit-and-miss, we really lucked out this time with a great crew. ^
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:27 pm
Suspended

24left is excited to be flying AC 756 with canadiancow

What a great surprise and a nice way to enjoy the 6th and last flight of my very long trip
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
24left is excited to be flying AC 756 with canadiancow

What a great surprise and a nice way to enjoy the 6th and last flight of my very long trip
^
What did @canadiancow do to surprise you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.