Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Met along the way; travel encounters with other Air Canada forum members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Met along the way; travel encounters with other Air Canada forum members

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:22 pm

Recently gave a flu shot to a local FTer I'd met a couple times, but because of the change in context, both of us were eyeing each other somewhat perplexed ..."why do I think I know this person?!" ... was rather comical when we finally placed each other!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:18 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Recently gave a flu shot to a local FTer I'd met a couple times, but because of the change in context, both of us were eyeing each other somewhat perplexed ..."why do I think I know this person?!" ... was rather comical when we finally placed each other!
SInce nomadic.relief is being a true professional by not revealing the other party, I will freely fess up to admitting that I was the stuckee. Literally.

But it's amazing how FTers look different in the civilian world outside of an airline lounge, without a beverage in their hand or surrounded by others at a 'Do'. As stated above, context really is everything.
nomadic.relief and CZAMFlyer like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
SInce nomadic.relief is being a true professional by not revealing the other party, I will freely fess up to admitting that I was the stuckee. Literally.

But it's amazing how FTers look different in the civilian world outside of an airline lounge, without a beverage in their hand or surrounded by others at a 'Do'. As stated above, context really is everything.
This is awesome. I mean, how often do you get a fellow FTer stabbing you with a syringe?
Plumber and nomadic.relief like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
This is awesome. I mean, how often do you get a fellow FTer stabbing you with a syringe?
You mean literally, right?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose that could be arranged too.

(Quite a bit of experience with my wife's humira-like stuff. Actually simponi these days.)
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
You mean literally, right?
tcook052 does his best to limit the figurative stabbing around here.
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I was in the YYC MLL yesterday, waiting for some others to arrive for the FT Do and I walked over to get some water and who is standing there, with his awesome smile..... @Lights_a_blur

Well, can't miss an opportunity for this.

Yes, I carry "spares". You never know.

Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left

How spare you.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*

How spare you.
I believe you are a consultant or were once a consultant, so you'll know that when I say something is "super cool" I really mean "why are you still talking?" or "where did they find this guy and why did they hire him?"

Anyway, that joke was super cool.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

How spare you.
LOL

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
.....Anyway, that joke was super cool.
^

And not long after that photo was taken with the "twin" spares and @Lights_a_blur, @YEG_SE4Life and @yyznomad arrived to join in.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold

You make a lovely gesture and buy her and her companions a drink in a downtown brewery, and this is the manner in which she shows her gratitude? Perhaps you should do as I do, and stand her up for a date - not once, not twice...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:21 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
You make a lovely gesture and buy her and her companions a drink in a downtown brewery, and this is the manner in which she shows her gratitude? Perhaps you should do as I do, and stand her up for a date - not once, not twice...
You have an excellent memory.

As it happens, we did see each other at the recent Calgary Do. Where I also bought our table of diehards a round. History repeats, I guess.

You missed a good one. And the only form of medication was oral - no needles were involved.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
Originally Posted by 24left
I was in the YYC MLL yesterday, waiting for some others to arrive for the FT Do and I walked over to get some water and who is standing there, with his awesome smile..... @Lights_a_blur

Well, can't miss an opportunity for this.

Love it!

So great to see you. I hope the Do was great!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
You have an excellent memory.
Try and convince nomadic of that. It's a horrible feeling when you suddenly remember you had to meet up five minutes ago, and you're at best 45 minutes away from the rendezvous point. It's even worse the second time it happens. Luckily, water & hops flushes all wounds.

As it happens, we did see each other at the recent Calgary Do. Where I also bought our table of diehards a round. History repeats, I guess.
It will be written a little differently I hope, in that you'll honour my turn for a shout. Assuming of course, I get there on time. Funny how my job is often dependent upon timing to-the-second, yet I'm an utter sh**show off the clock.

You missed a good one. And the only form of medication was oral - no needles were involved.
Hopefully next time. I was away when this last event was announced, and had some hours to make up when I returned.

I did keep a keen eye for telltale yellow tags in various lounges and airports over the past month, but to no avail.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You let the Kat out of the bag , nomad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.