Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby and Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I need a reminder of how a confirmed upgrade and seat assignment can be taken back at the gate?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I need a reminder of how a confirmed upgrade and seat assignment can be taken back at the gate?
A SE boards the plane and his seat is broken and it can't be fixed before the door is closed. So the service director talks to the gate agent then they downgrade the last person on the upgrade list who cleared. I've seen this happen before. I'm sure there are other situations too.
canadiancow and 5mm like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by philelite
A SE boards the plane and his seat is broken and it can't be fixed before the door is closed. So the service director talks to the gate agent then they downgrade the last person on the upgrade list who cleared. I've seen this happen before. I'm sure there are other situations too.
I've also seen screw-ups where they eUp two people in to the same seat, both with a boarding pass. One of those people is getting disappointed...
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Thank you for the scenarios, I needed a reminder.

The flight is questions was AC PHX-YYZ the other day and the gate agents made no comment as to why, etc. The original exit row seat had been reassigned and got stuck in a middle seat between two 'people of size'.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I've also seen screw-ups where they eUp two people in to the same seat, both with a boarding pass. One of those people is getting disappointed...
I've seen this a handful of times too.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Thank you for the scenarios, I needed a reminder.

The flight is questions was AC PHX-YYZ the other day and the gate agents made no comment as to why, etc. The original exit row seat had been reassigned and got stuck in a middle seat between two 'people of size'.
Did they at least offer any level of an apology to you?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Did they at least offer any level of an apology to you?
It was the rouge experience...nothing was said at all. A new boarding pass and when asked "the flight is departing, you need to board right away.

At a minimum I would expect a refund of the exit row fee paid but...an odd scenario and a first for me in a long time.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was the rouge experience...nothing was said at all. A new boarding pass and when asked "the flight is departing, you need to board right away.

At a minimum I would expect a refund of the exit row fee paid but...an odd scenario and a first for me in a long time.
At anytime did you see a green checkmark next to your name (as upgraded) prior to getting your new BP? And if so, did you ever notice it disappear?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
At anytime did you see a green checkmark next to your name (as upgraded) prior to getting your new BP? And if so, did you ever notice it disappear?
Yes, green check mark was there on the app.

Mobile boarding pass confirmed the seat number.

Only at the gate did the downgrade happen.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: AC*G
Upgrade List on AC app

I am using my Eupgrade credits and my status is “wait listed.” I just use the app to check the upgrade list and saw the message “no passengers waiting to upgrade.” What does it mean?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jilu38
I am using my Eupgrade credits and my status is “wait listed.” I just use the app to check the upgrade list and saw the message “no passengers waiting to upgrade.” What does it mean?
Probably that you're not checked in yet.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Probably that you're not checked in yet.
I just checked in and received the email confirmation of my electronic BP. Then I went back to the app to double check the upgrade list.
It says “business class”
capacity 40. Booked 40. Checked in 4.
Does that means I am out of luck?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by jilu38

I just checked in and received the email confirmation of my electronic BP. Then I went back to the app to double check the upgrade list.
It says “business class”
capacity 40. Booked 40. Checked in 4.
Does that means I am out of luck?
Probably, depending on how far down the list you are. Sometimes there are no shows or cancellations and seats open up, they will sort that out at the gate. You won’t know where you are on the list until check ins are complete.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:29 am

I have been checking the upgrade list on Air Canada app and I do not see any "list" or my name anywhere.
Does it have to do with the fact that I use 15% promo code?
I had to wait for the gate agent to clear the upgrade list one time (there were 3 J seats open and I am the only person on the upgrade list).
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It would help if you gave us a flight number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.