Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby and Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: *$ Green
Didnt YQB recently move to Jazz staff instead of AC staff? Like maybe a year ago or so?

​​​​​​
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Didnt YQB recently move to Jazz staff instead of AC staff? Like maybe a year ago or so?

​​​​​​
You are right, although there are still a few AC staff left and they are knowledgeable. New Jazz staff have been hired in the past 18 months and they are not sufficiently trained (as also mentioned by an AC staff on site). Hence the steep downhill slope in the quality of service.

Now flying out of YQB is just a frustrating experience every single time (almost; trying to remain optimistic!).
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
You are right, although there are still a few AC staff left and they are knowledgeable. New Jazz staff have been hired in the past 18 months and they are not sufficiently trained (as also mentioned by an AC staff on site). Hence the steep downhill slope in the quality of service.

Now flying out of YQB is just a frustrating experience every single time (almost; trying to remain optimistic!).
Any idea if Jazz staff is AC trained (ie, trained by AC directly and then relegated to Jazz)?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
Um. Anyone notice the list has been broken since Saturday morning? Or is it just me?
I can't answer your second question, but the upgrade list
has been working just fine on my android.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I can't answer your second question, but the upgrade list
has been working just fine on my android.
Time to clear cache and reinstall. Bummer.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by DNAwizard

Spend 5 minutes every time opening a CS ticket. It could be that AC doesn't care. But it could be that AC doesn't know.

If AC doesn't know, they don't know.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Any idea if Jazz staff is AC trained (ie, trained by AC directly and then relegated to Jazz)?
Some Jazz staff are former AC employees; apparently they were given the choice to move city/airport to remain with AC or transfer to Jazz if want to remain in Quebec City. For the newly hired Jazz staff, I don't know. (And sorry for being off-topic for this thread!)
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Spend 5 minutes every time opening a CS ticket. It could be that AC doesn't care. But it could be that AC doesn't know.

If AC doesn't know, they don't know.
This a valid point. However, I have written in with clear examples and details (date, time, flight #) 3 or 4 times. So AC knows. I've always received a cookie-cutter answers with apologies and indications that they would follow-up with staff manager with the goal of improving the experience. I don't know if there were any follow-ups but I have not seen any improvements, on the contrary. I still keep track of all the issues I encounter but I have given up on writing in.

What happened to @canadiancow et al as described above shows that there is still a lot of room for improvements with YQB agents.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:09 pm

Good on your for trying.

For all the nits picked, I've only ever actually formally complained about one flight. I've actually given my card (for support) to yelled-at crew more often.

HUCA is sadly not an option when at the gate with 10 minutes to spare.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
My android app worked fine as I was using it on my ICN trip and it was accurate. The only exception was the employee traveling with his wife from ICN to YVR who met and chatted with the pilots and then i watched the pilot ask the counter to upgrade the two to J as it was open by eight seats.

The app never updated this but when I went through J looking for the kit Kat bars ( I was lost was my excuse) I counted six empty Suites. PY was spot on as I was in that.

I like the app as when you hear the names and you see the three letters of the names you can tell who is who!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
HUCA is sadly not an option when at the gate with 10 minutes to spare.
It is when you're Super Elite.

I've called the concierge twice in the last two weeks because the GAs had done something dumb.

I was dialing last night until I realized the GAs were going to do exactly what I wanted anyway in order to fix it, so I hung up.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It is when you're Super Elite.

I've called the concierge twice in the last two weeks because the GAs had done something dumb.

I was dialing last night until I realized the GAs were going to do exactly what I wanted anyway in order to fix it, so I hung up.
Fair enough. I've not actually tried to change anything at the gate.

Maybe I should be more needy when I don't really have needs.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Fair enough. I've not actually tried to change anything at the gate.

Maybe I should be more needy when I don't really have needs.
Just to give you some more concept, these were my two calls:

1. I was number 1 on the upgrade list for YUL-YVR on a 788. The flight closed, they offoaded me, and upgraded 2 and 3.

2. 6 of us were on standby for YQB-YUL. It looked like there was maybe one seat. Number 1 cleared. Then they were uncleared, and number 7 was cleared. The GA fixed this, but then an employee on standby made it on the flight anyway, so I called to have them ensure the onload list was correctly processed. It was. The employee took the jump seat. And she was apparently vocally displeased, even though it was a 20 minute flight.

I only call the concierge at the gate when something has been done incorrectly to the point that I no longer have any faith in the gate staff.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
1. I was number 1 on the upgrade list for YUL-YVR on a 788. The flight closed, they offoaded me, and upgraded 2 and 3.

We are you able to get anything resolved with the Concierge? What was the end result?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
6 of us (SE) on standby for a flight.

They clear number 1. He was going to give it up and give it to another of our party, but that would be a voluntary decision made by all six of us.

Then they unclear number 1, and clear number 7.

GA's explanation was that "we don't do standby at this airport".

Thank god the list was available so we could see this crap.

First of all, is she saying that when I buy a full Y fare, I'm not allowed to go standby on an earlier flight?

I've been here in the past where I walked up to the gate and asked to be put on standby...

Second, then how did we get put on standby? Maybe it was service recovery for another issue. Maybe it was because another airport on our itinerary has a waiver, and this is the easiest way to alleviate any potential issues.

If you don't want to put us on standby, fine. But to suggest that we're not entitled to standby, when we're ALREADY ON STANDBY, is insane.

p.s. it was YQB
If the standby list in the app isn't in french then it probably doesn't apply in YQB.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.