Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby and Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
I think someone is posting alternative facts. There is no freaking way this can be true.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Cozmo456
I think someone is posting alternative facts. There is no freaking way this can be true.
I think we're going to have to re-evaluate our relationship here.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: various
I have a three letter last name. I'd be pissed if my whole name was up there for all to see. Zero privacy, that's a problem - maybe they have a contingency for three letter last names.................
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by YYZFlyboy
I have a three letter last name. I'd be pissed if my whole name was up there for all to see. Zero privacy, that's a problem - maybe they have a contingency for three letter last names.................
How would anyone know this about you by looking at the list?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My primary issue is that standby is left of (i.e. before) upgrades, but it's processed after.

It should be on one screen, BELOW upgrades.

Or they should just show the damn onload list with KO**SE etc. so that I know why I am wherever they say I am.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:06 pm

I'm thinking more if it ends up like the United where the list is displayed for everyone to see.

I don't want my name displayed to all and everyone - regardless of who knows what.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I don't want my name displayed to all and everyone - regardless of who knows what.
Then I hope you never take a transborder flight through YYZ with a checked bag... this is precisely the same system the CBP uses in the waiting room.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
I just got the update on my Android. It is true.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim
Then I hope you never take a transborder flight through YYZ with a checked bag... this is precisely the same system the CBP uses in the waiting room.
Never done that but I wouldn't be thrilled with that either, though less so than a big sign at the boarding area with my name on it.

I'm not going to go into a tail spin about it, just wouldn't like it much - that's all I'm sayin'
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Never done that but I wouldn't be thrilled with that either, though less so than a big sign at the boarding area with my name on it.

I'm not going to go into a tail spin about it, just wouldn't like it much - that's all I'm sayin'
I would be as well, if it was actually my name there. Luckily it is 3+1 letters from my full name.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I know some people with two letter last names. Where should they go to file privacy complaints?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
When you go update your passport at NEXUS, you write your ENTIRE FULL NAME on the clipboard. That perturbs me to no end but you show nonconformity in that office at your peril.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
They also page you for docs check at T-60+ sometimes, while you're far from the gate in the lounge... And they used to page for upgrades to verify voucher/coupon and staple it to BP, among many other reasons...

Privacy is a myth, especially in a public facility like an airport terminal.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
If they were actually concerned about privacy they would have privacy filters on the tens of thousands of monitors that AC uses at checkin (automated and desk), lounge, gate, CSR desk, etc.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by flyquiet
When you go update your passport at NEXUS, you write your ENTIRE FULL NAME on the clipboard. That perturbs me to no end but you show nonconformity in that office at your peril.
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
They also page you for docs check at T-60+ sometimes, while you're far from the gate in the lounge... And they used to page for upgrades to verify voucher/coupon and staple it to BP, among many other reasons...

Privacy is a myth, especially in a public facility like an airport terminal.
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
If they were actually concerned about privacy they would have privacy filters on the tens of thousands of monitors that AC uses at checkin (automated and desk), lounge, gate, CSR desk, etc.
All these (valid) examples in conjunction with the latest update to the Android app tell me that the lack of a visible standby list prior to today had absolutely nothing to do with privacy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.