Wiki Posts
Search

Standby and Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
And who should have cleared first, the revenue standbys or the eUps?
AC's system is programmed to clear standbys into available space before clearing upgrades. The idea being that a J pax on a later flight is more entitled to the earlier flight's J seat (SDC would be free for them if it hadn't been booked full - there were no shows).

Whether or not I agree with this is irrelevant (though I do support this behavior).

My issue is with them clearing 14/15 and not 1-13. It just makes it hard to plan.

A couple years ago during EYW, the bovine and I were having dinner at a restaurant in YYZ domestic. We were on standby for an earlier YYT fight, but we were something like 4 and 5 for 2 seats. When the app showed we cleared, we had to rush to finish and pay for dinner, and to get there in time.

Just fix the order it's displayed to match the order it's processed.

Originally Posted by canopus27
The upgrade list is also not showing cleared upgrades (at least, not on my flight). My upgrade cleared 3 days ago, and J is wide open so I assume other upgrades cleared too ... but the app is showing no green check marks, nor my name.
That's since the Amadeus switch. I assume we'll see more changes once DCS migrates.
canopus27 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I am confirming that the lsit does not properly order people on standby.

Standby is definitely clearing before upgrades, but they're beneath all the upgrades.

#1 4/15 just cleared into J on AC 127, and they were both revenue standby. #1 eUp (SE in E class) did not clear.
I was a rev standby (sort of, M class with a cleared eup to J) last week standing by on an earlier flight, listed as #8 on the eup list (not listed at all on standby list). One seat opened up in J, and I cleared ahead of 1-7.

Heard a pax complaining at the gate who had apparently screenshoted the eup list. He was telling the GA that he was #1 on the list but that the "guy" who was #8 cleared. GA said that according to her list, the "guy" had been #1 , and she did not know why the app shows a different order.

I waited until he had skulked off and was out of range before going to the desk to get my boarding pass.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Since Amadeus has been implemented, there is no wait list for upgrades at the airport (for now?).
One advantage of being a SE - the airport concierge or the central concierge can deal with these last minute upgrade requests and ?sort of put them on the airport upgrade wait list. I know, because it happened once when I was coming from IAH to YYZ - on a flex fare. About 24 hours before boarding - one empty J class seat - but of course my upgrade request was not processed with online check -in . Got central concierge (as IAH has no AC airport concierges) to put me on last minute wait list -not and I got the upgrade. Whether I would have gotten the upgrade if I had not gone to the central concierge - I do not know.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I was a rev standby (sort of, M class with a cleared eup to J) last week standing by on an earlier flight, listed as #8 on the eup list (not listed at all on standby list). One seat opened up in J, and I cleared ahead of 1-7.

Heard a pax complaining at the gate who had apparently screenshoted the eup list. He was telling the GA that he was #1 on the list but that the "guy" who was #8 cleared. GA said that according to her list, the "guy" had been #1 , and she did not know why the app shows a different order.

I waited until he had skulked off and was out of range before going to the desk to get my boarding pass.
The part I bolded is because they stupidly call it a standby list and an upgrade list, when in fact, it's the subset of the onload list for the Y cabin, and the subset for the J cabin. How you're eligible for J is irrelevant, that's where you show up.

But yes, this is exactly why they need to fix it. It's not very helpful to show a list if it's simply wrong. I bet that person thinks they cleared a non-rev.

I seem to recall when they first launched the public list, revenue standby was appearing at the top, but it was clearing after eUps (which was definitely how it used to work - my SE in full J standby experience was not fun back in late 2014).

So I think they fixed the display order.

And at some point, the processing order changed, but they never changed the display order.

I'm now almost motivated enough to send an email, but I don't think it's worth anyone's energy until the DCS migration completes.
Yhztraveller likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.