Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby and Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chebert999
AC128 YVR to YYZ is 119 standby and 54 upgrade list on an A320 which shows full. 👀
You could fill an A319 with that standby list.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
For tomorrow & Sunday for all flights direct or connecting, there are about 3 J seats showing in total all day, and all other seats are 0 according to EF for all options YVR-YYZ including connections. My upgrade to YOW is SOL, which is fine, as I'll be happy in my preferred seat this time!
Tough for many this Spring Break.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
For tomorrow & Sunday for all flights direct or connecting, there are about 3 J seats showing in total all day, and all other seats are 0 according to EF for all options YVR-YYZ including connections. My upgrade to YOW is SOL, which is fine, as I'll be happy in my preferred seat this time!
Tough for many this Spring Break.
I think many will be happy to get home at all.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Saturday on YVR-YYZ, there are 25J, 25PY, 0Y.

But a bunch of flights are overbooked, so I'm not sure that makes up for the premium seats that are available.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Saturday on YVR-YYZ, there are 25J, 25PY, 0Y.

But a bunch of flights are overbooked, so I'm not sure that makes up for the premium seats that are available.
I guess the default EF display must only show some possible connections then, as now I see 0 availability YVR-YYZ all weekend. I guess you're using more sophisticated means?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
EF shows what they are willing to sell, not what's available.

The subject of the thread is the standby and upgrade lists, which give actual load information.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 31, 2020 at 11:00 am
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by skybluesea
AC 129 YYZ-YVR last flight Mar30 - go to Zone 1 Board and agent goes and gets new BP with OP-UP. Did not ask for upgrade as traveling with spouse and we have exit row so really no need, although I did accept.

So checked APP and says 5 on upgrade list, none with check showing confirmed to J, although flight completely full. Also SD came to me first for meal request even though in last seat 4F , so assume no other SEMM in J.

Any possible explanation for my unexpected fortune?
Did both you and your wife get the op-up or just yourself?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
The standby list for AC 127 on Friday was insane. Dozens long - no exaggeration. There was an equipment swap - we flew a 788 instead of 321. This seemed to wreak havoc with the upgrade list as well as with seat selection. A LOT of unhappy people boarding because of re-assigned seats. I'm not sure what happened. I would have been thrilled myself if 3D hadn't pancaked.

As an aside, not sure this crew was used to widebodies. The service was chaotic. Perfectly polite but entirely disjointed and out of sequence.

To the point of the thread though, the standby list was unlike anything I have seen before and I am really not sure why.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
As was AC107 on 30MAR - - Upguage to 777 from 321 - and - - long story about upgrade list/ priority - and lost bags - to be saved for the April 6 meeting. . .

So - my bags (SE tagged J-Class) only arrived to my hotel at 01:30 - - having eventually flown on AC 127 !!! . . . (Thank you to Leslie Concierge at YVR for getting things sorted).

I was going to write my long eUpgrade priority story here but will save it for the Vancouver meeting.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skybluesea
AC 129 YYZ-YVR last flight Mar30 - go to Zone 1 Board and agent goes and gets new BP with OP-UP. Did not ask for upgrade as traveling with spouse and we have exit row so really no need, although I did accept.

So checked APP and says 5 on upgrade list, none with check showing confirmed to J, although flight completely full. Also SD came to me first for meal request even though in last seat 4F , so assume no other SEMM in J.

Any possible explanation for my unexpected fortune?
It's obvious, @skybluesea - AC are trying to distract you from your seat concerns, and make you happy with them again.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by canopus27
It's obvious, @skybluesea - AC are trying to distract you from your seat concerns, and make you happy with them again.
@canopus27
I really wish you are right but not holding my breadth.

As for the APP lists, the AC transparency is worthwhile I suppose, but in this case my completely unexpected OP UP runs completely contrary to these transparency efforts... certainly if the 1st person on the list happened to be standing behind me when I received new BP, they might be surprised if they were looking an my initials did NOT match those on the upgrade list???

AC Hamsters working overtime trying to keep up with MAX changes...so who knows why this happened???
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:36 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
As was AC107 on 30MAR - - Upguage to 777 from 321 - and - - long story about upgrade list/ priority - and lost bags - to be saved for the April 6 meeting. . .

So - my bags (SE tagged J-Class) only arrived to my hotel at 01:30 - - having eventually flown on AC 127 !!! . . . (Thank you to Leslie Concierge at YVR for getting things sorted).

I was going to write my long eUpgrade priority story here but will save it for the Vancouver meeting.
My last flight were tagged the same way - when they arrived, no orange tag , no metal clasp - no black tag.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
It seems like the standby/upgrade list is no longer useful to give a somewhat accurate picture of where you really are... especially since we've lost the lurkers and the start of branded fares.
Even though it wasn't perfect before, it was definitely reliable. I'd say it's no longer "reliable".
canopus27 and D404 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Datapoint from YVR on Friday

AC34 (domestic) was showing completely full in all three cabins on the Standby and Waitlist App.

While J and O were full, apparently Y was wide open (due to the 2 hour delay coming out of SYD) and the list was cleared. So the app gave the false impression of not a chance to 30+ checkmarks.

Also...they do not update the number of J seats if there is an broken seat. 36 on Friday was showing 18/19 booked/checked in. I was top of the list, so at a glance, I assumed everything was fine for an upgrade, given I would have received that 19th seat.

I can only assume, there are just too many wheels in motion to accurately provide all the necessary info, especially close to flight time.

I personally try to go with the flow on all this but it was interesting just how inaccurate things can become with any kind of irregular operation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.