Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby and Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
I learnt a couple more things about the list today.

Deadheading Pilots will show up as booked but not as checked in. Therefore you could see booked 30, checked in 27 and think you will get the upgrade after check in cutoff, but you may not.

There may be other passengers on the on-load list ahead of you (or between passengers on the list) that may get an upgrade before you. With the help of a friendly GA today, I was able to see more people on the on-load list in higher priority than was shown on the app( this was before Boarding began)

And I think this was mentioned before but you disappear from the app once boarded, however you are still on the DCS on-load list. So if you hold back from boarding because you now show #1 , and a passenger no-shows, the upgrade will go to whomever is next in line on the on-load list, and not you.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by D582
And I think this was mentioned before but you disappear from the app once boarded, however you are still on the DCS on-load list. So if you hold back from boarding because you now show #1 , and a passenger no-shows, the upgrade will go to whomever is next in line on the on-load list, and not you.
Not necessarily.

It is much faster to upgrade the person standing there than someone who's already boarded. So in the case of a no-show, if there is time pressure, the upgrade may very well go to whoever is standing around.

What you describe is how things would work in an ideal situation.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:33 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So iOS is showing the true order.

LOU,D is higher status or same status, higher fare class than me.
GAR,H is lower.

So if you want the real details, use iOS.
IOS order is the pecking order for upgrade unless last minute overrides
Old May 7, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
There were a dozen confirmed upgrades?

My suspicion is that the confirmed upgrades are listed alphabetically on Android, but based on their onload priority on iOS.

That would mean you had the highest status of people with confirmed upgrades.
The list had about 5 with check marks and the rest not checked, and some of the latter were also on the standby list. As the flight got closer to departure, more upgrade names got checked. To be honest, I wasn't paying super close attention, but just enjoying being at the top because it's not likely to often be the case.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Public upgrade list not in sync with gate list – almost didn’t get upgrade!

T-24h: Do online check-in for flight AC34 YVR-YYZ and select seat in Y cabin

T-23h: Call Concierge to see if they can comp-up me as a SE to PY cabin. There is another thread, but Concierge is offering PY seats (for SE) on domestic flights like AC34 where they aren’t offering PY service yet. I get confirmed in PY in seat 12K.

I’m thinking maybe my chances are good, because they are supposed to clear upgrades by cabin first and my BP says PY on it now.

T-1h: I’m 6th on the public upgrade list and there are 4 spots available. Not looking good.

T-45m: Upgrades are cleared and I’m now 2nd on the list and J is full. I go double check with the gate agent. She says I’m not on her list at all! She says it looks like it was a glitch because they moved me to PY. She apologies and says “sometimes we need to work around these glitches.” I monitor the public upgrade list as she downgrades someone else and then upgrades me in J.

Close one, but it’s always good idea to check with gate agent in situations like this to make sure you’re on the correct upgrade list.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by philelite
She says it looks like it was a glitch because they moved me to PY.
Looks like you were "upgraded" to PY.

The real issue is that the public list still showed you on it, when the internal one did not.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I'm 100% sure Android sorts it alphabetically.
Well I can confirm that my Samsung S7 Android sorts it by priority (at least I hope), as I am number 1 ^ on the list and near the end of the alphabet for an international flight YYC-FRA.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Well I can confirm that my Samsung S7 Android sorts it by priority (at least I hope), as I am number 1 ^ on the list and near the end of the alphabet for an international flight YYC-FRA.
Sorry, I meant for the cleared upgrades.
Old May 14, 2017, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by philelite

T-24h: Do online check-in for flight AC34 YVR-YYZ and select seat in Y cabin

T-23h: Call Concierge to see if they can comp-up me as a SE to PY cabin. There is another thread, but Concierge is offering PY seats (for SE) on domestic flights like AC34 where they aren’t offering PY service yet. I get confirmed in PY in seat 12K.

I’m thinking maybe my chances are good, because they are supposed to clear upgrades by cabin first and my BP says PY on it now.

T-1h: I’m 6th on the public upgrade list and there are 4 spots available. Not looking good.

T-45m: Upgrades are cleared and I’m now 2nd on the list and J is full. I go double check with the gate agent. She says I’m not on her list at all! She says it looks like it was a glitch because they moved me to PY. She apologies and says “sometimes we need to work around these glitches.” I monitor the public upgrade list as she downgrades someone else and then upgrades me in J.

Close one, but it’s always good idea to check with gate agent in situations like this to make sure you’re on the correct upgrade list.
​​​​​​So did you report this to Air Canada so they know there is a glitch? Do you know if it is actually a glitch as you got "upgraded" twice on the same flight?
Old May 14, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
​​​​​​So did you report this to Air Canada so they know there is a glitch? Do you know if it is actually a glitch as you got "upgraded" twice on the same flight?
We should really invoice AC for all this free beta testing.

One of the FTers should just send AC an invoice lol
Old May 17, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
For those of us still stuck in 2005 and using BlackBerry, an update of the app today for BB now includes the Standby list.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Plumber
For those of us still stuck in 2005 and using BlackBerry
I resent this statement. Get it right, the year we are stuck in is 2006.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:00 pm

There was an Android update today that allegedly fixes some issues with the list.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
I've been trying to strategize on an upgrade for AC 16. PY is Full and J=2. I'm 3rd on the upgrade list, so I'm assuming that those in front of me either have Lat fares or are in PY. I reached out to the concierge to find out as I'd move to my waitlist to PY if there were PY passengers upgrading to J and I'd take one of their seats....and she offered the following response:

Currently there are quite a few passengers in Premium Economy who will be standing by for eupgrade to business class. When the eupgrades clear for them, the Premium Economy seat should become available for you to upgrade to. The eupgrade credits will be adjusted and you will only be deducted for Premium Economy..... If the business class eupgrade does not clear for you, you will automatically be offered Premium economy for eupgrade if there is space available in Premium Economy. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know....

In the past I've always thought that you can only waitlist for 1 class of service, her response seems to imply this policy changed ?
Old May 18, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by ACfly
IOS order is the pecking order for upgrade unless last minute overrides
The other day I connected via YUL from an overseas flight to YYZ. Full J pass. Called Concierge and was waitlisted to J for the earlier 1pm flight. Got to the gate and full BP was printed and waiting.

I looked at the iPhone app to see what it relflected, but it still had me on the original 2pm flight.

I don't know if this is helpful but might be a useful datapoint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.