Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Meal ordering

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
ML*1 is not supposed to get priority order but SDs often give ML*1 SEs preference anyway.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
ML*1 is not supposed to get priority order but SDs often give ML*1 SEs preference anyway.
Really? I always thought that ML*1 merely meant that you don't get a meal if not enough meals were loaded, but that it had nothing to do with meal priority.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Really? I always thought that ML*1 merely meant that you don't get a meal if not enough meals were loaded, but that it had nothing to do with meal priority.
That was my understanding, too.

Paging @ACYYZ/SD
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canopus27
I've had this happen to me, too ... although in my situation it's due to a last minute gate upgrade. In some cases (I'm looking at you, FRA), they don't process the upgrades until the boarding is well underway ... sometimes even past zone 2. By the time I get onboard, frequently as the last person to take a seat in the J cabin, I often see that the SD already has a manifest printed out ... and sure enough, in those cases I'm often skipped for the priority meal order.

Has anyone come up with a clever way of informing the SD, without coming across as too much of a DYKWIA? Of course I could boldly assert "hey, did you know I'm an SEMM!" when I see them starting to collect orders ... but I'm hoping for a more subtle way to alert them.
On January 1, I was unable to get my status to appear on LHR-YYZ-SFO, after something in LH's check-in system pushed something over to AC (my first BP did have my status).

I mentioned it to the concierge in LHR, and he tried to get it on, but could not. So he went and had a chat with the SD, and then walked on with me when I boarded (zone 4ish) to introduce me.

In YYZ, I went to the GA early, explained the situation (showing my card), and he said he'd make a note. Then the SD walked away after taking my SE companion's order.

"Excuse me, did the gate agent talk to you about my status not showing on the manifest?"
"Oh I assumed that was for your companion, and it is showing for him."
"Here's my Super Elite card."

He actually looked at, checked the name, checked the expiry date, etc.

Then he took my order.

I don't consider this any more DYKWIA than simply standing in the SE check-in line. It's a benefit you're supposed to receive, and if there's an issue with their system that is preventing it, you need to proactively point it out.

This is a LOT easier than being asked last and expecting them to go tell someone else they can't have their meal choice.

This is not true.

If there are enough meals for everyone, the ML codes are ignored.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow

This is not true.

If there are enough meals for everyone, the ML codes are ignored.
Do you mean 100% false, or partially true?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been advised by several SDs that when not enough is catered the meal priority does affect ML*1 SEs in that they are not necessarily asked first. This is the same as the other thread about getting eupped at the gate.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've been advised by several SDs that when not enough is catered the meal priority does affect ML*1 SEs in that they are not necessarily asked first. This is the same as the other thread about getting eupped at the gate.
Right. If there are 14 pax, 12 meals, and an SE with ML*1, they won't be asked first.

But if there are 14 meals, they will be.

ML codes are used when there are shortages, not for priority.

Maybe things change when you get to ML*3 (which I believe is where employees start to come in), but 1/2 are ignored when there are sufficient meals.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: SE100K, AEROPLAN 3MM, QANTAS CC, AMEX BLACK, FAIRMONT PLATINUM
Been SE for about 10 years in a row now and hit 3MM early last year and can say that of the approximately 30 to 40 AC segments per year I do, I have been "missed" for priority selection no more than once or twice over the past five years to the point I can hardly remember any instances. I think they try pretty hard to do this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Exactly correct.
canopus27 and canadiancow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.