Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ-HKG on 777-200LR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
YYZ-HKG on 777-200LR

Hi: has anyone taken this route in J recently? How is the seat and service?

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
I've taken more than a dozen times. J product is fine
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dboston
Hi: has anyone taken this route in J recently? How is the seat and service?

Thanks!
On it tomorrow. I expect seat and service will be nothing short of stellar
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K
I'd lower your expectations if you don't want to be disappointed... Seat is great but service varies greatly.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I just flew 15, this past Sunday in J

The seats are good. Hard to sleep on a daytime flight.

I had a great flight crew, so everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, so service was attentive.

Aside from that, the standard J package, so to speak

The chicken parm sandwidth wasn't that great, though
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by acysb87
On it tomorrow. I expect seat and service will be nothing short of stellar
Can you post a menu when you land.... I will be on it a few times soon and curious
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Can you post a menu when you land.... I will be on it a few times soon and curious
Quick recollection

Chicken Tikka
Signature Dish was fish
the usual beef
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by cairo604
I'd lower your expectations if you don't want to be disappointed....
........but service varies greatly.

Exactly right based on the 9 of them I took last year.

Originally Posted by lcohen999
....Hard to sleep on a daytime flight.

Agree.

Menus and meals are posted in the International Meals thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...tomers-90.html
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by 24left

Menus and meals are posted in the International Meals thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...tomers-90.html
There hasn't been a recent (past 3 months) AC15/16 menu posted. Hence my request.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:24 am
Suspended

There hasn't been a recent (past 3 months) AC15/16 menu posted. Hence my request.
Please see your PMs
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks! I guess I expected this lukewarm response

trying to decide on a good fare paid ticket bos-yyz-hkg in J vs an award ticket that includes united first ord-hkg and oz biz hkg-Inc-lax but then coach on bos-ord (no biggie) and lax-bos (sucks).

I am usually really decisive but here I can't seem to make the call. Any feedback appreciated
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by cairo604
I'd lower your expectations if you don't want to be disappointed... Seat is great but service varies greatly.

A solution would be to use ROSE COLOURED GLASSES and then its FANTASTIC

To make it even better, walk into Y and look at the 10 rows across and you will feel even better
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:56 am
Suspended

Thanks! I guess I expected this lukewarm response

trying to decide on a good fare paid ticket bos-yyz-hkg in J vs an award ticket that includes united first ord-hkg and oz biz hkg-Inc-lax but then coach on bos-ord (no biggie) and lax-bos (sucks).

I am usually really decisive but here I can't seem to make the call. Any feedback appreciated

I am not sure if the response is lukewarm as you say.

You asked if anyone had taken the route recently and how was the seat and service.

I'm sure if you asked a similar question on other FT airline forums, you might get a similar response, more info, less info, more enthusiasm, or less.

There are many here on this forum who fly that route, sometimes frequently. Of this group, some of us also fly other airlines to get to HKG, SIN, ICN, NRT etc. I fly both AC, CX and BR (via TPE) to HKG, and connections onward to SIN as needed.

I think that some here just fly to get where they have to go and AC's business class is perfectly fine for their needs. Others may be tired of the meals because they do the routes frequently.

You will get all kinds of answers.

If you are specifically asking about the seat or the food or you can list the items in order of what is most important to you, perhaps some will post more detailed answers.

As for your originating point in BOS, as some of us have posted elsewhere, AC seems to offer good connections via YYZ for eg., and apparently sometimes much better prices, enough to attract more Americans to flying AC.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reality check, 24left. Agree that I was too vague. You are also correct that the cxns from BOS are excellent time-wise and the price is a good one.

I don't get to fly J as a matter of course so when I do I try to find some excitement in it.

I recently flew AA LAX-HKG in J and found the seat to be great and the food/service mediocre. (I did like the pajamas, though). The seat is, I think, the same as on CX. How does that AC seat compare to the CX/AA one? I am guessing the food/service is better on CX, but maybe I am mistaken.

I'm guessing the UA polaris first seat is actually pretty similar to the AC J one too.

Thanks again for engaging with me despite my vague questions, I appreciate it

Originally Posted by 24left
I am not sure if the response is lukewarm as you say.

You asked if anyone had taken the route recently and how was the seat and service.

I'm sure if you asked a similar question on other FT airline forums, you might get a similar response, more info, less info, more enthusiasm, or less.

There are many here on this forum who fly that route, sometimes frequently. Of this group, some of us also fly other airlines to get to HKG, SIN, ICN, NRT etc. I fly both AC, CX and BR (via TPE) to HKG, and connections onward to SIN as needed.

I think that some here just fly to get where they have to go and AC's business class is perfectly fine for their needs. Others may be tired of the meals because they do the routes frequently.

You will get all kinds of answers.

If you are specifically asking about the seat or the food or you can list the items in order of what is most important to you, perhaps some will post more detailed answers.

As for your originating point in BOS, as some of us have posted elsewhere, AC seems to offer good connections via YYZ for eg., and apparently sometimes much better prices, enough to attract more Americans to flying AC.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the reality check, 24left. Agree that I was too vague. You are also correct that the cxns from BOS are excellent time-wise and the price is a good one.

I don't get to fly J as a matter of course so when I do I try to find some excitement in it.

I recently flew AA LAX-HKG in J and found the seat to be great and the food/service mediocre. (I did like the pajamas, though). The seat is, I think, the same as on CX. How does that AC seat compare to the CX/AA one? I am guessing the food/service is better on CX, but maybe I am mistaken.

I'm guessing the UA polaris first seat is actually pretty similar to the AC J one too.

Thanks again for engaging with me despite my vague questions, I appreciate it

Hey, we all have our fantasies about who is best for flying....LOL

I am one of many who prefer the CX/AA/BR pod and there was another thread here last fall where I posted photos of them.

Many here like the AC pods. I don't, but it isn't always a deal breaker if I choose to fly AC.

I have 100K status with 2 airlines and thus 2 alliances. I choose whoever has what I want on the days I plan to fly. Sure price matters and I'm not the only one here who will choose to save $2,000 on a TPAC and fly someone else.

I can't speak for others here obviously, but you'll find a lot of info and opinion. Feel free to ask and I'm sure someone will have answers that will help your decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.