Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lounge access at MCO when flying on Air Canada

Old Jan 15, 17, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to MCO, and I'm currently looking at an itinerary with one leg in Air Canada Rouge P class. On aircanada.com it says that it's premium economy and that I'm seated in business class. This is rt YYZ-MCO. Will I get lounge access?
Old Jan 15, 17, 8:27 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
It sounds like you are in Premium
Rouge. P is a valid business class code and you will get MLL access in YYZ at least, not sure if MCO has a lounge you can access that said.

Be warned, the YYZ TB lounge is poor at best. Don't plan on getting a meal.
Old Jan 15, 17, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Allright, thanks.
I'm happy as long as I can enjoy free beer and a snack in peace and quiet.

Some say that I'll get access to the UA lounge at MCO, which has an equally bad reputation, but I can't find out for sure.
Old Jan 15, 17, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
If you're flying rouge in P, you will have access to the United Club.
Old Jan 15, 17, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E50K, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold
They just renovated the UA Club at MCO not long ago. It's small but nicer than what it used to be(before the reno's it was probably one of the worst clubs, super disgusting). Would still skip and grab a meal/beer at a restaurant/bar!
Old Jan 15, 17, 9:34 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
The UC at MCO is through a different security than the AC gates.
You would have to clear security both ways.
There is a The Club at MCO that I use with Priority Pass (via Amex). It's alright.
The Club at MCO is in the same area as the AC gate, upstairs from the Pinkberry, just before you go down the pier where AC is.
Old Jan 15, 17, 9:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by knutfin View Post
Allright, thanks.

Some say that I'll get access to the UA lounge at MCO, which has an equally bad reputation, but I can't find out for sure.
Don't count on quiet in the transborder MLL. There are a couple of smaller spaces that might be quieter depending on who is there at the time. 24L had a wonderful post about a year ago describing MLL users and wallpaper. Worth checking out.
Old Jan 15, 17, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Bartolo View Post
Don't count on quiet in the transborder MLL. There are a couple of smaller spaces that might be quieter depending on who is there at the time. 24L had a wonderful post about a year ago describing MLL users and wallpaper. Worth checking out.
Yes, she was yelling into her phone about the choices in wallpaper as I recall. Must find my post. LOL

Found it

Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Oh you missed such a fantastic opportunity there.

I laugh a little when I recall sitting in the YYZ TB MLL and someone quite a distance away was yelling into their cell phone about the colour of wallpaper for the dining room and the options and what the spouse wanted and whether crayon marks from the kids would show. Stress level went up when the person at the other end of the call seemed to have said something. At that point, heads were turning. I'd had enough and decide to move to the terminal for some calm. Before I left I went over, tapped them on the shoulder, suggested a leopard pattern would solve all crayon problems (lol) and might elicit conversations during dinner parties. And then, there was no more yelling into cell phone.

Did the person realize that everyone heard the call or were they considering leopard wallpaper. Who knows. Sometimes you just have to be clever and find the right moment, because you really don't know what will happen when you tell someone they are disturbing the serenity of the MLL. lol
From this thread Feb 2016

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...rs-mll-24.html

Last edited by 24left; Jan 15, 17 at 10:02 pm
Old Jan 15, 17, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by knutfin View Post
Allright, thanks.

Beer is available from 11am to closing. I remember one time the tap was faulty and it was free flowing.

Snack wise I hope you like pickles and chips if you are lucky. There is toast (no eggs) in the morning along the slowest toasting machines since sliced bread was first invented.

The coffee machine is good.

Level of quiet, as commented on, varies. There was a group of 20 young children back in December for 10 minutes. Quiet it was not.

Looking forward to this wallpaper thread. In true FT style I assume it's 300 posts where some blame AC for allowing it.
Old Jan 15, 17, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
.....Looking forward to this wallpaper thread. In true FT style I assume it's 300 posts where some blame AC for allowing it.
I assume you are referring to Bartolo's mention of my post. There was no wallpaper thread. It was just my post as noted above.
Old Jan 15, 17, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by 24left View Post
I assume you are referring to Bartolo's mention of my post. There was no wallpaper thread. It was just my post as noted above.
Ah yes had a read thanks 😊
Old Jan 16, 17, 5:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
Snack wise I hope you like pickles and chips if you are lucky. There is toast (no eggs) in the morning along the slowest toasting machines since sliced bread was first invented.
There are hard boiled eggs. I just ate two. Toaster is still slow.
Old Jan 16, 17, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by 172pilot View Post
There are hard boiled eggs. I just ate two. Toaster is still slow.
Oh my, a 2017 improvement. Last time I was there I was asked by a 1K if I knew where the eggs were.

I want to see that chopped episode in a Dom or TB lounge.
Old Jan 16, 17, 7:30 am

Programs: AC E50K/*G, WS Gold
What about the Delta Sky Club at MCO?

It's listed on the *A site as a contracted lounge for business and first class pax.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/airport-details?airportCode=MCO
Old Jan 16, 17, 9:04 am

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
You can't get into the Delta Sky Club. I saw that on *A too and have even corresponded with AC about it. LH contracts it. They will not let AC *G in.
I have been complaining ever since they moved AC from the 10-20 gates over to the 90 gates, and we can't get to UC in the 40s without double security.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: