Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ac 150 YVRYUL jan 9 cancelled/equip change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E35

Seems like they replaced AC150 with AC 2150 and switched the flight from a 767 to an A321.... had to re check in for my flight. The 767 was completely full earlier.

I wonder is this a strategy to avoid paying out denied boarding compensation?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:43 am

The a/c swap probably has something to do with the cancelled YYC-OGG-YYC last night.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
It is probably a strategy to try to get people where they need to go when a plane goes down. Why does everything have to have a sinister element to it?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
Originally Posted by tracon
The a/c swap probably has something to do with the cancelled YYC-OGG-YYC last night.
Yep, they ferried a 767 to YYC last night for the extra section to OGG

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...610Z/CYVR/CYYC

I love seeing the climb rates when they are empty. 9 minute climb to FL290!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
It is probably a strategy to try to get people where they need to go when a plane goes down. Why does everything have to have a sinister element to it?
It's not sinister, but when AC makes a decision like that, they're saying the prioritize certain traffic over others. They would rather have YVR-YUL people denied boarding and be rerouted than YYC-OGG, which makes sense, because the only logical alternative if you're flying YYC-OGG would be YYC-YVR-OGG, where as YVR-YUL passengers have many more options for connections.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AC*A
Originally Posted by keitherson
It's not sinister, but when AC makes a decision like that, they're saying the prioritize certain traffic over others. They would rather have YVR-YUL people denied boarding and be rerouted than YYC-OGG, which makes sense, because the only logical alternative if you're flying YYC-OGG would be YYC-YVR-OGG, where as YVR-YUL passengers have many more options for connections.
^. Plus the next YVR-YUL flight, AC194 (A330), leaves at 11:30am for YUL, which often has a bit of room left in J/Y, which can replace the lost capacity of 763 --> 321 downgrade.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure if it's related, but 164 is more than 2 hours late today. From 11:15 to 15:50. Will leave later than the next flight.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:03 am

Very minimal disruption from 24J/187Y to 14J/169Y.

Now yes I admit 10J is a few lost seats, however in my experience, AC150 was the easiest trans con for upgrades, and when it was operated by the 333, 4/5 times the mini J cabin would be empty.

Yes downgrading from the pods sucks, but to quote that this is a huge inconvenience is a bit sensational... for all the crap that AC pulls this would figure very lowly on the list... its not as if they replaced a 767 with a CRJ....

Even if 150 was full and pax had to be rerouted, there are a dozen combinations that result in only a few hours delay and some good IDB money, for the pax inconvenienced in OGG there is only one other bus on AC metal, and a mainline 767 to a Rouge 767, thats what I would call a downgrade!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
You must be new.

Here on AC Flyertalk, we instantly assume grasping, sinister deception on any action taken by Air Canada whatsoever.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by YOWgary
You must be new.

Here on AC Flyertalk, we instantly assume grasping, sinister deception on any action taken by Air Canada whatsoever.
My bad. I will get better with experience.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
My bad. I will get better with experience.
Perhaps the new status had an effect on perspective
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:08 pm
Original Member

Because Air Canada's opaque communications foster that attitude.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:10 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by YOWgary
You must be new.

And often we are not disappointed.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer
Because Air Canada's opaque communications foster that attitude.
Oh, it has nothing to do with the cynical imaginations of the writers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.