Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2023, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
To search for a specific fare brand in markets where AC uses branded fare basis codes, use the extension codes box:
Latitude can be a little more complicated because there are Latitude fares that do not end in "LT"
Comfort: f ac..-co
Flex: f ac..-fl
Standard: f ac..-tg
Basic: f ac..-ba
Print Wikipost

ITA Matrix and AC reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It might show P out and P return when AC shows P out and Z return, etc.
Is there another way then to reliably search for inventory with the same power as Matrix's advanced routing codes? I've always known AC's website to produce underwhelming results.
Not really... availability of further segments can change based on segments added to a PNR.

For example, I could independently search for YYZ-SFO and return SFO-YYZ and both could should J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9, but once I add YYZ-SFO to the PNR, SFO-YYZ availability is now J9 C9 D9 Z9 P0. AC's website can run these 'what-ifs' scenarios without building a PNR, but other search engines cannot really do this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by D582
Not really... availability of further segments can change based on segments added to a PNR.

For example, I could independently search for YYZ-SFO and return SFO-YYZ and both could should J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9, but once I add YYZ-SFO to the PNR, SFO-YYZ availability is now J9 C9 D9 Z9 P0. AC's website can run these 'what-ifs' scenarios without building a PNR, but other search engines cannot really do this.
That is... annoying to say the least. Is this part of AC’s plan to use AI to “enhance the travel experience”?

If AC wants to use O-D ticketing to “hide” availability that would otherwise be available, looks like I will have to fly OAL Especially since it sounds like there is no script to sort these “what-if” scenarios...
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: *$ Green
This is not AC specific.
D582 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
This is not AC specific.
Who else does this in *A? Isn't LH Group the main player with O-D ticketing rules?
AC can do whatever it wants - just slightly annoying that this wasn't as much of an issue, say a year or two ago, where everything on Matrix was bookable and segments could be pieced together to create a fare.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Rookie question as I need to call the SE line to get this booked. Since this routing isn't available on AC.com, what info do I need to give the AC agent in order to get this exact itinerary and pricing? Do I need to spell out the entire fare construction line or are there extracts from that line that will suffice?

YTO AC X/YYJ AC X/YVR AC TPE 619.39NLYXCT AC X/YVR AC YTO 619.39NLYXCT NUC 1238.78 END ROE 1.323867 XT 25.91CA 3.25RC 25.00SQ 21.60TW 96.00YQ

Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Have you tried Powertools?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Have you tried Powertools?
Nope....guess I gotta read up on Powertools too.

Though the issue remains that I am going to have to call an AC agent to complete the booking as I have 2 eCerts + Promo Code + Credit Card to use for payment so won't be able to book online.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
I have added an option to power tools to accept an Air Canada promo code when using the book with links. I'll get it merged soon, in the meantime I'm happy to share if anyone wants to test it.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
I have added an option to power tools to accept an Air Canada promo code when using the book with links. I'll get it merged soon, in the meantime I'm happy to share if anyone wants to test it.
Again, as a rookie (and non-techie), i don't think the ability to accept a single promo code is sufficient for me as I want to apply 2 eCerts as part of the payment hence why I think i need to call in the above itinerary and have an AC agent build it.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:29 am

Awesome!

I'd love that PR link
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:57 am

I'm not sure if it's possible to enter the promo code in the ITA Matrix search field and get the discounted results, so I went for a simple approach of just adding a text field when using the Use Air Canada booking link.

PR is at https://github.com/SteppoFF/ita-matr...rtools/pull/42
EDIT: Code has been merged in to master with version 0.33

To enter the promo code:

Once you have selected your desired routing, click the + beside Use Air Canada and choose Add Promo Code on the popup.

Move your mouse off the popup and you'll see a text entry field for the promo code. Enter your code and click Open to open a new window with the AC booking.

Last edited by TechnoTourist; Oct 16, 2019 at 12:35 pm Reason: edited to replace github repo with PR
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:05 pm

I haven't submitted a PR yet as I'd like some feedback.
That's what the PR is for

I don't know if I'll have time to really look or play around until my flight on Friday, but I'll try to take a look before then.

So it's just AUTHORIZATION_ID? That seems so... simple. How has it taken years to get this done? (and no, that's not criticism - I delayed fixing branded fares for 2 years and it was even easier than this)
D582 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
So it's just AUTHORIZATION_ID? That seems so... simple. How has it taken years to get this done? (and no, that's not criticism - I delayed fixing branded fares for 2 years and it was even easier than this)
Yes, it's just AUTHORIZATION_ID=x. It was much easier to get the URL working than expected. Most of the effort was remembering how to call javascript defined in the userscript so I could get the entered code in to the URL.
D582 and canadiancow like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 12:47 pm

Well that got merged faster than I'd hoped...
Old Oct 16, 2019, 1:17 pm

I forgot to update the changelog and replace the minified version too...
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.