Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2008 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices Maple Leaf Lounge (MLL) entry passes may only be freely shared but not solicited in any form. Posts asking for passes will be deleted.

This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to freely offer lounge entry passes to fellow forum members.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator

Rules for the MLL Guest Passes
(originally posted by yyznomand)

(Subject to change by Air Canada)

These Guest Passes expire at the end of February each year

For those of you seeking passes, please note the restrictions on which lounges these passes can be used.

* Valid until XXXXX, at Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder departure zones of Canadian airports, along with those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia) only.

* Not valid for entry into Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the international departure zones of Canadian airports, Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in international airports, Star Alliance airport lounges or affiliated lounges operated by other carriers

* When visiting an eligible Maple Leaf Lounge, this pass is valid in conjunction with a confirmed same-day departing ticket for a scheduled flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge.

This pass is not valid with any other airline

* A maximum of one Maple Leaf Lounge visit for one person is permitted with this pass

* Invitation of additional guests is not permitted with a Guest Pass

* Access is subject to space availability

(other rules are listed on the pass)
Print Wikipost

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:48 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Even gifting them is useless.
AC should extend the expiry date of these passes!
Do you think AC would give me problems if I bought a refundable ticket and then gave out MLL passes without accessing the MLL myself?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Do you think AC would give me problems if I bought a refundable ticket and then gave out MLL passes without accessing the MLL myself?
only if you told them

or you could stand by the FOTSG check in area and hand them out there
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:56 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
only if you told them

or you could stand by the FOTSG check in area and hand them out there
I feel like one is more likely to be hassled by AC staff for giving out MLL passes at the FOTSG check-in counter than outside the lounge, because there lots of staff hanging around check-in, but usually no one outside the lounge.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Adam Smith

Who did you end up giving your 2020/21 MLL passes to?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Adam Smith

Do you need some?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 3:46 pm

Adam Smith

I haven't given them to anyone. I don't really know anyone without status who has flown lately.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Do you need some?
No, I'm good thanks... was just curious if Adam had given them away at the airport or other.

I have a few that I can gift as well.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:05 pm

No, I'm good thanks... was just curious if Adam had given them away at the airport or other.
Oh, yeah, I forgot that I had been musing about that. Maybe I will, if I fly anywhere before they expire.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Oh, yeah, I forgot that I had been musing about that. Maybe I will, if I fly anywhere before they expire.
Right.

Well, if you and YOWgary end up with spares, I could use them for more travel art purposes.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Right.

Well, if you and YOWgary end up with spares, I could use them for more travel art purposes.
Do expired ones fit that purpose?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Do expired ones fit that purpose?
Yes, absolutely! Anything airline old/expired/ancient/antique works too.
But MLL passes old/expired and new work well for what I need! They make for a great decoupage base on canvas!
Old Jan 16, 2021, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JeffYVR
Many very nice FTers have contacted me but it doesn't seem to be working out this time around. Might seek some assistance again in the future as there's no longer a huge rush for me to get them over now as I have someone looking after them for the time being.
JeffYVR

When are you flying?
Need/want some MLL passes? YYZ Dom, YVR Dom, and YYC Dom are only open at the moment.
I (and I'm pretty sure many others here as well, but I'm speaking for myself only) have been unable to offload them to others this past year (not a real shocker).
Old Feb 3, 2021, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
As I was standing in front of this space at YVR while on a couple of recent trips, looking at the empty couches in front of the MLL.....

.....it reminded me of something I posted on Feb 7 2019

Originally Posted by 24left
Not sure this is the right thread to post

I had a few passes that were going to expire and I was in between flights at YVR. I saw people sitting on the circular couches outside the door and I asked each of them if they had AC BPs. They all did. So I handed them passes and suggested they enjoy lunch in the MLL. They all had that "what?" look on their faces. It was amusing. And they didn't get up. I said I would take them to the MLL desk to make sure they got in and suggested they grab their stuff and go. The comments were the usual thanks, wow and such. I wished them a fun stay (well, edamame and kale are only so much fun really) and suggested they pay it forward. I still remember the look on one guy's face. Almost like he won a prize on a game show. Yes, yes, I know what you're all thinking. Still, that's what these passes are for.

One woman asked me "But don't you need those passes for yourself?" Another person sitting nearby with status tags answered and said no, that we have access due to status and receive these passes as "benefits" to share.

In the Now Times, few are flying but I still took the lounge passes with me, hoping I could give them away at YYZ or YVR.

While doing some document cardio (re-arrangng the papers on my desk ), I found the 4 passes I was trying to give away. I know it's only a few weeks until they expire and Canada Post is not working much - at least where I live, so I'd be happy going to YYZ if necessary or downtown, to give the passes away to anyone who can pick them up in person. And yes, I know it's a long shot. Still.......

PM if interested. Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by 24left
As I was standing in front of this space at YVR while on a couple of recent trips, looking at the empty couches in front of the MLL.....

.....it reminded me of something I posted on Feb 7 2019

In the Now Times, few are flying but I still took the lounge passes with me, hoping I could give them away at YYZ or YVR.

While doing some document cardio (re-arrangng the papers on my desk ), I found the 4 passes I was trying to give away. I know it's only a few weeks until they expire and Canada Post is not working much - at least where I live, so I'd be happy going to YYZ if necessary or downtown, to give the passes away to anyone who can pick them up in person. And yes, I know it's a long shot. Still.......

PM if interested. Thanks.
Maybe time for a Mini-DO outside the YYZ MLL to hand out MLL passes? Guess we can all buy refundable J tickets under Mr. Benjamin Smith to top off our giving spree....
Old Feb 7, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
MLL passes - expiring soon

I have 2 one time passes (hard passes, not electronic) for MLL Domestic or USA. Passes expire end of February. If you're interested and live in the GTA, let me know. Happy to share what I can't use and would prefer to split them in order to share the wealth. I would mail them, so assume you wouldn't receive them for a week or so. Message me. Once they are gone, I will post.

Last edited by flying chef; Feb 7, 2021 at 7:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.