Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2008 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices Maple Leaf Lounge (MLL) entry passes may only be freely shared but not solicited in any form. Posts asking for passes will be deleted.

This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to freely offer lounge entry passes to fellow forum members.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator

Rules for the MLL Guest Passes
(originally posted by yyznomand)

(Subject to change by Air Canada)

These Guest Passes expire at the end of February each year

For those of you seeking passes, please note the restrictions on which lounges these passes can be used.

* Valid until XXXXX, at Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder departure zones of Canadian airports, along with those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia) only.

* Not valid for entry into Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the international departure zones of Canadian airports, Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in international airports, Star Alliance airport lounges or affiliated lounges operated by other carriers

* When visiting an eligible Maple Leaf Lounge, this pass is valid in conjunction with a confirmed same-day departing ticket for a scheduled flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge.

This pass is not valid with any other airline

* A maximum of one Maple Leaf Lounge visit for one person is permitted with this pass

* Invitation of additional guests is not permitted with a Guest Pass

* Access is subject to space availability

(other rules are listed on the pass)
Print Wikipost

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by SKYEG
I have 2 MLL passes if anyone wants them I can drop them in the post today

Was I supposed to get 2 more for hitting P25K? Only got two with E35k.

Thanks!
PM sent.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hello,

Just wanted to say I'm feeling extremely let down by what I discoverd today. The two passes I gave out, to a long time FT member that I have personally enjoyed their posts, are being resold on kijiji for a profit by this same person.

I know you're reading this, do the right thing and forward the passes on for free and I won't call you out.

Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
I know you're reading this, do the right thing and forward the passes on for free and I won't call you out.
unfortunate, creates more reason for AC to tighten screws...why NOT call this person out by reporting to AC as damage already done...

we we all pay a price for this abusive behaviour, including shredding the MLL passes I have left which precludes someone else receiving them.

troubling...and thanks for your honesty
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: *$ Green
Hello,

Just wanted to say I'm feeling extremely let down by what I discoverd today. The two passes I gave out, to a long time FT member that I have personally enjoyed their posts, are being resold on kijiji for a profit by this same person.

Thanks
Regular poster?

If yes, straight up call them out. YOLO.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:33 am

Hello,

Thanks
I give mine to local kids sports teams and they are raffled off by the team to fund raise for the kids.
eracerblue and Jumper Jack like this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I give mine to local kids sports teams and they are raffled off by the team to fund raise for the kids.
gesture admirable, yet what happens when traveler arrives at MLL and boasts they paid $100 each to kids sports team - could get awkward as this could be deemed a sale
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Regular poster?

If yes, straight up call them out. YOLO.
I will likely have more to offer out in a few weeks and want to ensure they goto someone who will not sell them. Maybe I should just go with people Ive personally met or who travel enough to give them out at the airport.

AC only give out 2-3 per person now anyway. Latest enhancements.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Hello,

Thanks
Pathetic. I took a quick look (Ontario Kijjiji only) and saw someone in Markham trying to sell 5 for $100

Another in Kitchener is trying to sell 4 at $35 each and blatantly misrepresenting them by saying :"4 Air Canada Lounge Passes Lounges good for all Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges as well as all Trans Border Air Canada Lounges. $35 each." when we all know they are not good at International Lounges.

I have 6 of them, and thanks to the type of person mentioned I will not be gifting them to someone here if they are going to resell them. I will give them away at the airport if need be in February.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
That's really crappy as it ruins it for those of us that have genuine intentions.

I would've gladly paid (not allowed I know) or as has been done in the past when I was gifted one, it was done on the condition made to a charity.
Always good to pay it forward.
eracerblue and Jumper Jack like this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
The thing that disappoints me the most is that this person has been clearly online(you can see last activity), and has not responded to my emails or acknowledged me, but has since removed the Kijiji post. It would be appropriate to answer me and explain/justify/appologize so I could move on. But that is ultimately up to him/her.

I have respected this member for quite a long time and you'd all be surprised as he/she used to be very active on the AC subforum. Out of this previous respect, I'll let it be. If they are breaking FT ToS and needs to be reported, I'll message a moderator.

In a forum with so much generosity and shared knowledge offered, I'd like to believe that this is an exceptional case...

Now when will the next sweep happen? Maybe a few more lounge passes to give out for E50K before reset
skybluesea and eracerblue like this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: TK *G
The thing that disappoints me the most is that this person has been clearly online(you can see last activity), and has not responded to my emails or acknowledged me, but has since removed the Kijiji post. It would be appropriate to answer me and explain/justify/appologize so I could move on. But that is ultimately up to him/her.

I have respected this member for quite a long time and you'd all be surprised as he/she used to be very active on the AC subforum. Out of this previous respect, I'll let it be. If they are breaking FT ToS and needs to be reported, I'll message a moderator.

In a forum with so much generosity and shared knowledge offered, I'd like to believe that this is an exceptional case...

Now when will the next sweep happen? Maybe a few more lounge passes to give out for E50K before reset
Thanks for letting us know. This is truly disappointing.

I have a few lounge passes and discount codes, and because of things like this, as well as some people with less than 10 posts asking for one then never come back, I am thinking about how I should give them away, or not at all.

For lounge passes, I am thinking that I should either give to a person I personally know, or ask that person to post a screen shot of the itinerary to prove that the pass is indeed intended to be used. The entire process other than the requestor's address should be posted publicly to prevent that person from asking more passes than required.

For discount code, it's a bit more complicated, but I think with the collective effort from FTers, we can come up with a good plan.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:41 am

Sorry to hear SKYEG.
As someone who has sent a few passes to FT members (and received a few as well), I hope the bad apple doesn't spoil it. I'm amazed someone would go through all this trouble to make $25?

Perhaps songsc's idea of a screen shot would weed this out
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by songsc
Thanks for letting us know. This is truly disappointing.

I have a few lounge passes and discount codes, and because of things like this, as well as some people with less than 10 posts asking for one then never come back, I am thinking about how I should give them away, or not at all.

For lounge passes, I am thinking that I should either give to a person I personally know, or ask that person to post a screen shot of the itinerary to prove that the pass is indeed intended to be used. The entire process other than the requestor's address should be posted publicly to prevent that person from asking more passes than required.

For discount code, it's a bit more complicated, but I think with the collective effort from FTers, we can come up with a good plan.
I'd say a screenshot of the BP with the code clearly marked as not Y/B/J!

If I gift mine on public FT, it would be to someone whose name I recognize at a minimum. To hear this is someone well known is truly depressing.

Are the codes on the passes linked at all? Can AC track down a specific serial code to a specific person?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by jc94
I'd say a screenshot of the BP with the code clearly marked as not Y/B/J!

If I gift mine on public FT, it would be to someone whose name I recognize at a minimum. To hear this is someone well known is truly depressing.

Are the codes on the passes linked at all? Can AC track down a specific serial code to a specific person?
Well, I doubt someone who is looking for a profit of $20 is willing to invest at least $1000 in a refundable ticket, if so then their ROA (return on asset) must be extremely and dangerously low

I think the screen shot should include date, flight number, and cabin (Y/O/J, clearly J does not need pass to access MLL), or booking class if most people think this is necessary. To be extremely safe, we can even ask the recipient to post a picture of the boarding pass with MLL entry stamp.

As for the serial code, I tried to read the 2D bar code with my eyes, and I didn't notice any difference with a quick glance. Maybe someone with a bar code scanner app can give a definitive answer?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Only takes one bad apple to spoil the barrel

of course AC has bots scouring for any unauthorized use of their name in a commercial undertaking which is what this practice represents. Too late to recall your MLL passes.

lets NOT be surprised then when AC reduces passes, which they just did, make them harder to use, and or convert to electronic so can be easily tracked.

btw...abuse of any status offering generates same problem, so those who post on how to get around rules, this harms us all..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.