Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2008 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices Maple Leaf Lounge (MLL) entry passes may only be freely shared but not solicited in any form. Posts asking for passes will be deleted.

This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to freely offer lounge entry passes to fellow forum members.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator

Rules for the MLL Guest Passes
(originally posted by yyznomand)

(Subject to change by Air Canada)

These Guest Passes expire at the end of February each year

For those of you seeking passes, please note the restrictions on which lounges these passes can be used.

* Valid until XXXXX, at Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder departure zones of Canadian airports, along with those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia) only.

* Not valid for entry into Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the international departure zones of Canadian airports, Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in international airports, Star Alliance airport lounges or affiliated lounges operated by other carriers

* When visiting an eligible Maple Leaf Lounge, this pass is valid in conjunction with a confirmed same-day departing ticket for a scheduled flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge.

This pass is not valid with any other airline

* A maximum of one Maple Leaf Lounge visit for one person is permitted with this pass

* Invitation of additional guests is not permitted with a Guest Pass

* Access is subject to space availability

(other rules are listed on the pass)
Print Wikipost

Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)

Old Feb 6, 2017, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Can they use more before the end of the month? I have a few to get rid of too.
Ditto.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:36 am

Slightly off topic, but is there a type of lounge pass that allows access to the international lounges? From my experience, it's only domestic and transborder.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
TWO PASSES available for in-Canada request.

I will contribute stamp /envelope, but you commit to actually use them before month-end.

PM with your address.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Can they use more before the end of the month? I have a few to get rid of too.
Thanks Adam and Nomad,

I am flying them to PHX, and Scott provided me with enough passes for them.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by musicmtl
Slightly off topic, but is there a type of lounge pass that allows access to the international lounges? From my experience, it's only domestic and transborder.
No. Entry requires flying international business class, E50k/Gold *A status, being guested in, or paying for it. $25 on. PY/Lat fare of $50 on Flex. Prebooking only.

I believe you can also pay $15 or $25 to gain access with someone else who is eligible but this is normally if there are 4 of you trying to gain entry where only one person has access and a single guest. So not familiar with this approach.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by skybluesea
TWO PASSES available for in-Canada request.

I will contribute stamp /envelope, but you commit to actually use them before month-end.

PM with your address.
allocated
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
It seems the info in the thread wiki has been overlooked as this thread is only for gifting lounge passes, not soliciting lounge passes.

tcook052
Ac forum Mod.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:04 pm

Can someone clarify it for me? Passenger is holding a round trip international economy tickets (CA metal, USA-Toronto-Asia and back) and the pass (gifted, did not purchase when booking). Passenger himself does not hold any status/credit card, etc. Such passenger cannot access the Int'l lounge @ T1 YYZ, and only way to access the lounge is if a legit member is willing to guest you in, correct?

Last edited by msiamsia; Dec 18, 2017 at 2:12 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by msiamsia
Can someone clarify it for me? Passenger is holding a round trip international economy tickets (CA metal, USA-Toronto-Asia and back) and the pass (purchased or gifted, did not purchase when booking), such passenger cannot access the Int'l lounge @ T1 YYZ, and only way to access the lounge is if a legit member is willing to guest you in, correct?
Basically, correct.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Basically, correct.
Thank you!! That's what I thought.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you!! That's what I thought.
The easy rule to look at is that the MLL Pass is not eligible for the international MLL. That renders all other questions regarding access with the pass, moot (you mentioned CA metal, you didn't mention status etc.)
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:06 pm

The easy rule to look at is that the MLL Pass is not eligible for the international MLL. That renders all other questions regarding access with the pass, moot (you mentioned AC metal, you didn't mention status etc.)
You know, I thought I searched high and low but could not quite pin point where AC site says purchased MLL pass is not eligible to enter MLL international lounge. But, it's good to know that MLL Pass (I take gifted or purchased) will not permit access to international lounge. Thanks, again. Oh, and of course, no status. wish to have that.

Last edited by msiamsia; Dec 18, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know, I thought I searched high and low but could not quite pin point where CA site says purchased MLL pass is not eligible to enter MLL international lounge. But, it's good to know that MLL Pass (I take gifted or purchased) will not permit access to international lounge. Thanks, again. Oh, and of course, no status. wish to have that.
Can you define "purchased" in this context?

Regarding airline, one must be flying on an Air Canada (or affiliates) operated flight to use the MLL Pass at an eligible MLL. So just say someone was flying on a United operated flight out of YVR, although the pass is eligible for the YVR transborder MLL, the user would not be eligible as they are flying United.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:19 am

Can you define "purchased" in this context?

Regarding airline, one must be flying on an Air Canada (or affiliates) operated flight to use the MLL Pass at an eligible MLL. So just say someone was flying on a United operated flight out of YVR, although the pass is eligible for the YVR transborder MLL, the user would not be eligible as they are flying United.
Good question. I am also not sure if one can purchase "international lounge accessible" pass while booking international ticket on AC site. I take one can "purchase" MLL pass up to check in, but does that pass also guarantee access to international lounge? I've not tried this yet so I have no idea. Purchased outside of AC website (?), i.e., bought from someone who just happened to have excess pass, I take this type will not let anyone into the int lounge, correct?
​​​
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I have 2 MLL passes if anyone wants them I can drop them in the post today

Was I supposed to get 2 more for hitting P25K? Only got two with E35k.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.