Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2010 - 2013 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices discount codes may only be freely shared or discussed and not solicited in any form. This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to share or discuss published Air Canada discount codes

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
EDIT: code claimed

I have a code from the Amex promo mentioned above that is available to an FTer who can use it. 15% off Flex, Latitude, PY or J, anywhere in the world (must depart from Canada). Book by February 5 and travel by June 15.

Last edited by eigenvector; Jan 17, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: aeroplan
PM sent!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Have others had issues in trying to use the discount codes with stopovers?

Trying to book - YYC-YVR-HKG (connecting) and returning HKG-YVR stop, YVR-YYZ and get a message;

Your itinerary contains more than one stopover (i.e. a break of more than 24 hours en route to your destination).
To be eligible for a Promotion Code discount, your multi-city itinerary must include a maximum of one stopover. Please select another itinerary.

My booking has only one stopover on the return.

Another attempt is YVR-HKG and returning HKG-YVR stop, YVR-YYZ and get this message:

You entered the same point of origin or the same destination more than once.
To be eligible for a Promotion Code discount, your multi-city itinerary must not contain the same point of origin or the same destination more than once. Please select another itinerary.

Of course both work it I remove the YVR stopover from the search (options returned however will include routing through YVR)

Shouldn't both of these routings be valid as they only include one stopover?

And if I can't book online can these be booked through an agent?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:32 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Have others had issues in trying to use the discount codes with stopovers?

Trying to book - YYC-YVR-HKG (connecting) and returning HKG-YVR stop, YVR-YYZ and get a message;

Your itinerary contains more than one stopover (i.e. a break of more than 24 hours en route to your destination).
To be eligible for a Promotion Code discount, your multi-city itinerary must include a maximum of one stopover. Please select another itinerary.

My booking has only one stopover on the return.

Another attempt is YVR-HKG and returning HKG-YVR stop, YVR-YYZ and get this message:

You entered the same point of origin or the same destination more than once.
To be eligible for a Promotion Code discount, your multi-city itinerary must not contain the same point of origin or the same destination more than once. Please select another itinerary.

Of course both work it I remove the YVR stopover from the search (options returned however will include routing through YVR)

Shouldn't both of these routings be valid as they only include one stopover?

And if I can't book online can these be booked through an agent?
​​​​​​i think that because both do not start and end at the same city, not because of stopover. I think if you try YYZ-YVR (stop) YVR-HKG (stop) HKG-YYZ (with or without connecting at YVR) will be fine.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by alc
​​​​​​i think that because both do not start and end at the same city, not because of stopover. I think if you try YYZ-YVR (stop) YVR-HKG (stop) HKG-YYZ (with or without connecting at YVR) will be fine.
Open jaws do price online when I enter them as connecting flights - but if I force a single stopover on the return, it complains about multiple stopovers. It does appear to function as it should if the stopover is on the outbound however.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Ahhh... I see where all the new AC FT'ers flock to for their first post... ugh

My family and I have almost every AMEX you can think of, including business versions, and none of us got the 15%! Boooo
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by SKYEG

My family and I have almost every AMEX you can think of, including business versions, and none of us got the 15%! Boooo

I think I have only received two from AMEX in the past five years? I certainly would accept more as more is always good
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Yeah, not cool, and also against the terms as per the wikipost and as per the mods.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:26 pm

Sad part is they will never come back again. They have no clue what this site can do for their travel like it did for mine ...

I wonder how they decide to hand this out? We've been great AMEX customers for the past 7 years(for me) and way longer for my parents... Never receive these AC discount codes from them.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I got the Amex code but still trying to figure if I have anything I can book before it turns into a pumpkin. I enjoy knowing they were thinking of me.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Sad part is they will never come back again. They have no clue what this site can do for their travel like it did for mine ...

I wonder how they decide to hand this out? We've been great AMEX customers for the past 7 years(for me) and way longer for my parents... Never receive these AC discount codes from them.
Say you are Super Elite.

Would you be more disappointed in not getting an Amex discount code for being a very loyal Amex client, or not getting invited to any SE-only AC events?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Say you are Super Elite.

Would you be more disappointed in not getting an Amex discount code for being a very loyal Amex client, or not getting invited to any SE-only AC events?
Hmm depends on the what the SE only event was about/if I was able to attend/if I wanted to go/costs involved in going etc etc too many variables so I'll go with AMEX where I know I'm guaranteed to save $ to hit the AQM required for SE this year quicker
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:41 am

i did not know that my post was not allowed, that was my fault for not reading the terms! sorry for anyone offended or annoyed! i really do hope to be a part of this community, i may not be as frequent a traveler as most people here but i love love to travel! for now i will be a silent lurker!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: aeroplan - no status
Make friends with an a.c. employee. Their codes work with no blackout dates. Works Jan 1 to Dec 31.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnchai
Make friends with an a.c. employee. Their codes work with no blackout dates. Works Jan 1 to Dec 31.
There is a limit though... so these employees don't want to make too many friends.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.