Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This annual thread replaces the original 2010 - 2013 thread on the topic may be found here and the latest 2015 -2016 thread here.

Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices discount codes may only be freely shared or discussed and not solicited in any form. This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to share or discuss published Air Canada discount codes

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Sidenote to answer my question. Being the anal person I am I created an excel spreadsheet that shows you how much you actually save in dollars and %. As expected australia is the best and asia asides China. Business class provides the closest to the actual % saved (cuz the fees are so small compared to the fare). Feel free to try it out! I've locked the cells asides A, B, and C so feel free to enter in routes to see what your actual savings are....this is set for a code of 25%. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1754012002
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
I've got a promo code after complaining about a cancelled flight due to AC mechanical issue. Was just wondering what the best routes are? I know that the promotional code is taken off the base fare so looking to book somewhere that includes the fuel surcharge in the base fare eg Australia does. Some places in Asia used to but it seems they now have a separate fuel surcharge. Any tips on places to go to maximize your 25% off? Thanks!
I also got 25% once.

Long haul J is clearly the greatest return in my opinion. TPAC is a winner, or TATL if you avoid places like LHR with insane (outbound) taxes.

Normally has to be used (booked not taken) within a year of course, so depends what your plans are.
Also remember trying to change the flights won’t yield a 25% discount on changes and trying to get the code back if cancelled can be a challenge. So flights you are almost definitely taking, life permitting, are best.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

As is noted in the forum wiki discount codes may only be freely shared or discussed and not solicited in any form.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
I've got a promo code after complaining about a cancelled flight due to AC mechanical issue. Was just wondering what the best routes are? I know that the promotional code is taken off the base fare so looking to book somewhere that includes the fuel surcharge in the base fare eg Australia does. Some places in Asia used to but it seems they now have a separate fuel surcharge. Any tips on places to go to maximize your 25% off? Thanks!
Wow! 25% - something useful!

Not sure if or how it would work, but you could try combining this with a CC partner benefit (some free, some 50%) and really stretch that savings!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, FPC Plat, SPG Gold
AC Flight Disruption Promotion code with 2 allocations

Hi,

Received a discount code today due to a flight interruption and in the terms, it states it is good for 2 allocations as follows:
The maximum number of passengers per booking is 2.

The maximum number of allocations is 2.

An allocation is defined as a single passenger trip.

For Example - An Authorization Id with 2 allocations permits the following options:

1 Booking with 2 passengers.
2 Bookings with 1 passenger each

——

I've never noticed similar wording previously, and this I believe implies that if I use the code for a single passenger booking, I should be able to use it a second time as well?
Earlier in the terms it describes it as a ‘one-time use promotion code’

Anyone have experience with a ‘2 allocation’ discount code and making 2 separate single passenger discounted bookings using the same code?

Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Wow a flashedma post?! Am I in the twilight zone?

I actually just received the exact same thing two days ago 20% off for a long delay. I could make a latitude booking to find out right now if it works for second pax if you'd like, do I get the code back if I refund?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, FPC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Wow a flashedma post?! Am I in the twilight zone?

I actually just received the exact same thing two days ago 20% off for a long delay. I could make a latitude booking to find out right now if it works for second pax if you'd like, do I get the code back if I refund?
Hey - I’m alive!

Thanks for the info — but don’t do it!!! I seem to recall having a discount code become non-usable in the past after a booking was made (in PE) and cancelled within 24 hr window, so I’d be concerned the same thing might bungle up yours even with a latitude booking.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:30 pm
alc

i do have these codes before and it does work for 2 separate 1 PAX booking.
flashedema likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by flashedema
Anyone have experience with a ‘2 allocation’ discount code and making 2 separate single passenger discounted bookings using the same code?

I’ve had no trouble using both allocations on two 1-pax bookings. As a matter of fact, I traveled on one of the bookings myself and a coworker used the other allocation.
flashedema likes this.

Last edited by ffsim; Jan 15, 2018 at 7:50 pm Reason: formatting
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:54 am

Hi,

I received the same and worked for 2 separate reservations, 1 pax on each.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Hi,

Received a discount code today due to a flight interruption and in the terms, it states it is good for 2 allocations as follows:
The maximum number of passengers per booking is 2.

The maximum number of allocations is 2.

An allocation is defined as a single passenger trip.

For Example - An Authorization Id with 2 allocations permits the following options:

1 Booking with 2 passengers.
2 Bookings with 1 passenger each

——

I've never noticed similar wording previously, and this I believe implies that if I use the code for a single passenger booking, I should be able to use it a second time as well?
Earlier in the terms it describes it as a ‘one-time use promotion code’

Last October, I was travelling with my family (3 others) and we had a flight cancellation..

Each of us received a '2 Allocation' 25% code..meaning I ended up with 8 of them ...I have been using them individually as well as to book flights with Mrs. Plumber.... for example YOW-TPE-YOW in PE for C$1300.

So, like others, I am confirming that you can use them on individual bookings.

I am now down to my last one already...
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
15% off eligible AIR CANADA Flex, Latitude, Premium Economy and Business Class Fares

[claimed]

Enjoy 15% off all Air Canada®* Flex, Latitude, Premium Economy and Business Class fares, before applicable taxes and fees1.

Pack your bags and enjoy a great getaway to anywhere Air Canada flies

For a limited time, you can receive 15% off Air Canada Flex, Latitude, Premium Economy and Business Class base fares, before applicable taxes and fees, to anywhere Air Canada flies!

Book between January 16, 2018 and February 5, 2018
to receive
15% off eligible Air Canada fares.Choose travel dates between January 16, 2018 and June 15, 2018.Pick any destination departing from Canada.Select an eligible fare including Flex, Latitude, Premium Economy & Business Class.Book an eligible flight departing from Canada on aircanada.com between January 16, 2018 and February 5, 2018.

Last edited by mikeycanuk; Jan 16, 2018 at 8:51 am Reason: claimed
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Sent you a PM
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Unless OP's came from a difference sender, if it's the same as the one I received, perhaps the thread should be changed.

Screen shots of part of the email I received

Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I got the same offer as 24left, but no Costa Rica water falls picture... just a blue box (although it says Costa Rica at the bottom-right hand corner).

As for eligibility, I haven't booked an AC flight with any regularity (booked 1 in October and 1 in December), so perhaps it is an incentive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.