Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by PB53x11
I've tried when it is J0 - but I take the approach (even if J>1) of doing both steps on the phone, so if it can't be done the phone rep tells me. I haven't had any problems explaining what I'm doing.

I think there was one occasion when I succeeded in a J0 situation. But of course I can't be sure; perhaps it went to J1 between when I checked and when I called in. So it doesn't hurt to ask, even when J0.
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I have done it at J0. It may be risky. I opened 2 windows, one on each of 2 bowsers. I cancelled the flight from my wallet (I don't call in to do this), then immediately rebooked it and upgraded it, without problems. The biggest concern is that Y is available, so that you can rebook and that is why I open 2 windows. I start to book the flight on one of the windows, and then complete it once I cancel the other.
I tried it at J0, completely on the phone. I was completely transparent, told the agent I wanted to cancel and e-upgrade and book a complimentary upgrade. She was able to do it in a few minutes, no questions asked.^
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My new strategy is call to cancel the eUp, hang up, and do the complimentary upgrade online myself.

Today I called in, asked to cancel my upgrade.

"Okay.... and then you want the complimentary upgrade?"

Agent knew the game

It still took her longer than it would have taken me though.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta
I am a relatively new to AC and had no idea there was complimentary upgrades within 48 hours. Is this just for Latitude fares or ?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by flgregg
I am a relatively new to AC and had no idea there was complimentary upgrades within 48 hours. Is this just for Latitude fares or ?
The complimentary upgrades are specific to Flight Passes.

https://fp.aircanada.com/wallet/serv...ding#/shopping
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My new strategy is call to cancel the eUp, hang up, and do the complimentary upgrade online myself.

Today I called in, asked to cancel my upgrade.

"Okay.... and then you want the complimentary upgrade?"

Agent knew the game

It still took her longer than it would have taken me though.
I didn't know this was a strategy, but just the preferred thing to do.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:38 pm

I'm currently booked on a flight that's J5 R4. There are two of us on the PNR.

I really don't want to do the eUp, but it's a little worrisome that 4 people could eUp between now and T-48, leaving us with only one J seat.

I really wish they'd hold more upgrades to the gate to make my FP life easier
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:00 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
What is worse is that many agents (2/4 for me) do not know complimentary upgrades 2 days out are a thing. My flights show J3, they're on sale on the website, my flight is Wednesday, all agent can do is wait list.
He then was acting as if i was mooching for an upgrade and that it's for "paying customers". This was after waiting on hold 62 minutes today. I asked to speak to a supervisor and asked him to read into acpedia and even just go to aircanada.com and see that's a policy, he wouldn't do either. I asked 3 times to to speak to a supervisor throughout our conversation, he said the 3rd time "we are not transferring calls to supervisors". So now I'm into HUACA x2.

I wish AC would fix this bug! I'd rather do it in the app or browser than to call in.

Worst part is that I am a UA 1k but an AC nobody, so it's not like I can use call the elite desk or whatever, get agents that know what they're doing, etc.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:03 pm

What issue are you having in the app?

What flight pass do you have?

Every agent I've called has known exactly how this works.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:19 pm
cur

What issue are you having in the app?

What flight pass do you have?

Every agent I've called has known exactly how this works.
Latitude East West Connector. Flight shows J5. I had two agents who know this, last two agents no clue, so I'm on a huaca right now. Agent also said calls may not be transferred to supervisors (prob due to max8 situation), so maybe they themselves are unable to seek help. But he was still rude.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:21 pm

But again, why not just do the upgrade yourself?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I also had the same question for @cur

As for my data points (n>50) of calling in to get the complimentary upgrade (no data plan/no wifi - maybe the same reasons as cur), all the agents I've spoken to know what to do.
canadiancow and 5mm like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:34 pm
cur

Because the app says "error! we will look at this soon!" and when I click on the upgrade button on the website nothing happens, 3 different os and multiple other browsers. It's a bug that they haven't realized or cannot fix. This has been well documented on flyertalk. Why would I want to wait on hold

Fortunately the huaca agent knew what was up.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:39 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cur
. My flights show J3, they're on sale on the website, my flight is Wednesday, all agent can do is wait list.
c.
What's wrong with this? Lat flight pass upgrades are not automatic. You follow normal upgrade rules. Having no AC status, will not put you at the top of list.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 5mm
What's wrong with this? Lat flight pass upgrades are not automatic. You follow normal upgrade rules. Having no AC status, will not put you at the top of list.
Domestic passes allow for upgrades into J inventory 24 hours (I think) before your flight.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm
Thanks for contributing to a thread you know nothing about.

You definitely follow the normal "upgrade" rules, but it's not the eUpgrade rules, it's the complimentary upgrade rules. Status is completely irrelevant, and there is no list. If the flight is J1+, you get the upgrade. If J0, you don't.
cur, mromalley, Bohemian1 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.