Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition , and 2016 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs or should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Sean Peever
FT Poster
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by smallmj
It's not cake, and it's not on a plane, but 24Left's thread got me very hungry today. So here's what I came up with. If only I had some mango sorbetto to pair with it. Raspberry sorbetto would work too.

Also, sorry that I'm not as good as 24Left when it comes to food photography.
@smallmj
Oooh, yummy !!!!!!!! Your photography was fabulous.
On my way.
Thanks for saving me a piece.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by 24left
@smallmj
Oooh, yummy !!!!!!!! Your photography was fabulous.
On my way.
Thanks for saving me a piece.
24L, don't you think that not only would he get in trouble for having a mystery guest over, he'd get in far more trouble for not saving the last pieces for his wife?
smallmj likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Claire's in charge already anyway.
Precisely why my interest in the show dropped to 0 at the end of the last season.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I feel bad for my seat mate.

He's 1D, and I'm 1F.

I've tripped over him twice trying to get in or out.

But then I wonder... Why did he take the aisle? I have 1F because it was the last available seat when I was rebooked at T-4. He selected his.

He hasn't been up once.

I prefer the aisle specifically so I don't disturb anyone. And while I'll put partial blame on 1D for crossing his legs and sticking them in the aisle, it's really my egress/ingress that is causing the issue.

And I hate it.

I almost hit the call button instead of getting up, but I hate doing that. I guess it's better than tripping over 1D though.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Presumably he took 1D in case he needed to get up and, from what you say he's a tall chap so has more room to spread his legs? I nearly always take aisle as I'm up every 2-3h unless in a lie flat.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
TFW you finally throw out the trash

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Nov 6, 2017 at 2:07 am
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Samsung Galaxy: Growing Up - YouTube
well we just threw out our trash last night here in Montreal
Orcair and DNAwizard like this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Samsung Galaxy: Growing Up - YouTube
Go through your marketing books and look at all the case studies of companies spending their advertising efforts to disparage their competition. The attacks never seem to come from the market leaders...
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I believe there are a few single malt fans here. Looking for suggestions to replenish my bar since the last weekend a few of my friends finished off Kavalan, Balvennie, Glen Deveron and Hakushu. Any recommendations - preferably under USD $150 and easily available in the US. Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by vernonc
I believe there are a few single malt fans here. Looking for suggestions to replenish my bar since the last weekend a few of my friends finished off Kavalan, Balvennie, Glen Deveron and Hakushu. Any recommendations - preferably under USD $150 and easily available in the US. Thanks.
I'm enjoying Oban Distillers Edition these days. It is available for 145 CAD at the SAQ over here so, yeah, probably much less than 150 USD where you are!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
It's always about personal tastes, but I'm a huge fan of the Balvenie Portwood. As a 21 year old, it should just squeak under your $150 USD limit.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jasdou
I'm enjoying Oban Distillers Edition these days. It is available for 145 CAD at the SAQ over here so, yeah, probably much less than 150 USD where you are!
Not too peaty ? I buy most of my liquor duty free or in the US, so yes, likely to be cheaper.

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
It's always about personal tastes, but I'm a huge fan of the Balvenie Portwood. As a 21 year old, it should just squeak under your $150 USD limit.
Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Ugh. NVM on the pre-edit.

Different question, why did my client sign an SOW for a POC when they want turnkey, and why are they on week 6 of 8 only now developing internally a test plan for something not quite this actual project?

Last edited by RangerNS; Nov 6, 2017 at 3:27 pm
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: AC SE
Not too peaty ? I buy most of my liquor duty free or in the US, so yes, likely to be cheaper.
No, Oban is not peaty at all. Very smooth, well rounded and leaves you with a bit of an warm feeling that doesn't burn. Very nice for November nights!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by jasdou
The Oban Distillers edition is very enjoyable. I am not a particular fan of Highland malts typically (I personally like to sip on campfires and peat bogs from Islay) but this is one of the Highland productions I recommend. When I want a break from the Islay malts, I also like Aberlour 18 yo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.