Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition , and 2016 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs or should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Sean Peever
FT Poster
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I'm not convinced running 5k after not running (at all?) for a while is a good plan. Depends how fast you were running that said

I'd have flown out for the interview, personally. What may have been ... I've never gotten multiple offers before though.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by jc94
I'm not convinced running 5k after not running (at all?) for a while is a good plan. Depends how fast you were running that said

I'd have flown out for the interview, personally. What may have been ... I've never gotten multiple offers before though.
I almost crawled my way back. I had no cash , no public transit card on me. Thank god a Taxi drove by...
Can finally put some weight on it today after constant ice bath.... hopefully I will be able to walk by monday..

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
See? Should have taken that other interview and got miles out of it. The frequent flier gods were mad at you.

Also proof exercise is bad for your health.
As I was limping back, I asked myself what would have been worse, twisted ankle or 10 hours in AC Y. Not sure whats worse tbh lol.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I almost crawled my way back. I had no cash , no compass card on me. Thank god a Taxi drove by...
Can finally put some weight on it today after constant ice bath.... hopefully I will be able to walk by monday..

As I was limping back, I asked myself what would have been worse, twisted ankle or 10 hours in AC Y. Not sure whats worse tbh lol.
7 miles into an 11 mile run along a canal I popped something in my knee a few years back. I was 4
miles from home. I ran the most painful mile of my life and almost crawled the last 3. Only had my house key, shuffle and watch on me. It was not a good day - never been the same since actually.

AC Y or Rouge Y? :P

Edit - I wondered if a compass card was some funky YVR thing
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by jc94
7 miles into an 11 mile run along a canal I popped something in my knee a few years back. I was 4
miles from home. I ran the most painful mile of my life and almost crawled the last 3. Only had my house key, shuffle and watch on me. It was not a good day - never been the same since actually.

AC Y or Rouge Y? :P

Edit - I wondered if a compass card was some funky YVR thing
Ah geez, you actually run one more mile? You are a savage man. ^^
What was your playlist as you almost crawled your way back?

Oh Compass Card is like a TTC Month Pass.

I actually can't tell that much difference between 777HD Y and Rouge Y... both awful
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:20 pm

What was your playlist as you almost crawled your way back?

Oh Compass Card is like a TTC Month Pass.

I actually can't tell that much difference between 777HD Y and Rouge Y... both awful
Used to do 15 mile 2h training runs. Honestly can't recall the playlist. I shouldn't have run on it in hindsight but then I did run a 10k race with a broken metatarsal AMA (and went sub 45 for the first time on a 400m climb race).
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:38 pm

Thank you to whoever just cancelled his/her AC34 YVR-YYZ I booking on Dec 16, you made my day!
I guess the universe gives and takes after all lol
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
I almost crawled my way back. I had no cash , no public transit card on me. Thank god a Taxi drove by...
A taxi? you disappoint me. You should have called an uber -- at least that will save you from doing the crawling
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by maradori
a taxi? You disappoint me. You should have called an uber -- at least that will save you from doing the crawling :d
Bro I am in vancouver
Do you not think if i had the choice that would have been the first thing i have done?!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by pewpew
I just went through Deutsche Bahn irops. All instructions in German, and a conductor literally ran away from me when I tried to ask where I was supposed to go. Finally, when I guessed my way to the right place, the train eventually started running, and then the conductor decides to start making announcements in English
They outdid themselves today: first, my bus to get to the train station was delayed. Then, the U-bahn I took instead (which required a connection to another U-bahn) was also delayed. Then, the S-bahn I took to replace the aforementioned second U-bahn was also delayed. Then, the train was delayed. Then it was canceled; all passengers were told to go to a station 15 minutes away to speak to actual DB staff. Then it was un-canceled with no notification, and I only noticed because I was checking the schedule again on the app. I got on the S-bahn which would make it to the departing station 2 minutes before the train was estimated to leave...and it wasn't even there yet
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I love running. I could watch it all day.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:13 am

Either your twisted ankle was extremely minor or you are one spoiled delicate Bum. TBH, based on your complaining I'd not hire you.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just heard a passenger say "a normal size plane".

Not sure if they were referring to this one or their connection, but I don't know what a "normal size plane" is.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by canadiancow

Not sure if they were referring to this one or their connection, but I don't know what a "normal size plane" is.
Perhaps a full sized narrowbody (737/A320)? as opposed to a wide body or a regional jet/prop. That is going by the assumption that normal == medium for some people. What are you on now?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by canadiancow

Ah geez. Is this going to start a "my plane is bigger than your plane" chain of posts?

24L, do you have a long enough measuring tape?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I fell and badly skinned both knees and broke my thumb and ran another 2K. At least the legs were not sprained at all. I can trip on a 5mm unevenness on the sidewalk. Very skilled at that.
I did a 15K with a stress fracture in my toe with an air-cast boot on. I did not "run" but I beat probably 1/3 of the participants.
I am 5 days away from doing a 10K/21K back to back and have not run in 10 days, so I'm with Jack. Just do it. Pace doesn't matter. Just stay upright and smiling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.