air canada flight change

Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation air canada flight change

I booked my Air Canada flight through Aeroplan (Vancouver to Montreal - Montreal to Athens) I just noticed a flight change that moved my flight leaving Montreal back two hours which then gives me a 10-minute layover, which is basically impossible to make. Anyone know what to do in this situation?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Call Aeroplan, they should be able to open up spaces for u
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:08 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Welcome to FT!

Air Canada should automatically re-book you on another flight that will actually allow you to make your connection. Most likely they would re-book you on an earlier flight from Vancouver to Montreal.

However, this could also be an opportunity for you to choose something that you like better. For instance, if you would prefer to fly through Toronto, you may be able to fly YVR-YYZ-ATH instead. Or if you have family in YUL you'd like to visit (for example), take a way earlier flight to buy enough time to leave the airport for a few hours. There can be a fair amount of latitude in these situations.

Customizing your re-booking would require a phone call to Aeroplan but should not come with any fees. It's possible they may recalculate the surcharges, which could change the price by a few dollars, but I don't think they're supposed to do that when it's an involuntary schedule change that forces the re-booking. @canadiancow may be able to correct me on that one if necessary.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:38 pm

In this case, the goal should be to ditch the AC Rouge segment YUL-ATH. And find something either on Mainline or LH.

There's a few ways of going about this. AC/AP agents for rebooking have access to *all* AC-operated flights. So you just need to find segments on other airlines for the connecting flight, ie: ZRH-ATH, MUC-ATH, FRA-ATH, etc. Which probably won't be a big deal. Then you can book mainline hardware for the overseas segments.

Or simply show up, and they'll fix you up since the schedule change was their fault. Looks like there's an AC LHR and a AC FRA flight that leave in the afternoon, but a LH MUC connection would be my preference (if possible) simply because they run the A350-900 on that route.
AmericanMontrealer likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by pitz
In this case, the goal should be to ditch the AC Rouge segment YUL-ATH. And find something either on Mainline or LH.

There's a few ways of going about this. AC/AP agents for rebooking have access to *all* AC-operated flights. So you just need to find segments on other airlines for the connecting flight, ie: ZRH-ATH, MUC-ATH, FRA-ATH, etc. Which probably won't be a big deal. Then you can book mainline hardware for the overseas segments.

Or simply show up, and they'll fix you up since the schedule change was their fault. Looks like there's an AC LHR and a AC FRA flight that leave in the afternoon, but a LH MUC connection would be my preference (if possible) simply because they run the A350-900 on that route.
Its not clear if the OP is flying J or Y. If Y, I don't consider the AC Y product to be superior to Rouge Y on the wide bodies, especially the seats. If you can get a bulkhead or R+ its will be better than a standard seat on mainline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.