Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Altitude Dashboard "Promotion Code"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75k, IHG Plat, TK Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, HH Gold

Hi

Just logged into my dashboard and seen a "Promotion Code" has been added to the toolbar.....is this new or part of SE? I am first time SE so dont know if this is associated with that status. It says "you are currently not eligible for a promotion code".

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

JB
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post27577650
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Not very useful answer, only 6 ports in that entire thread talking about it and no one really answering the question. One person says based on their selections the AC cafe and lounge voucher appears in it. I select lounge access as an option but nothing appeared for me.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JB0591
Not very useful answer, only 6 ports in that entire thread talking about it and no one really answering the question. One person says based on their selections the AC cafe and lounge voucher appears in it. I select lounge access as an option but nothing appeared for me.
If you chose "aircanada.com Travel Options", your codes will be online this year, instead of mailed out to you.

That's where they appear.

Nothing else changes.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you chose "aircanada.com Travel Options", your codes will be online this year, instead of mailed out to you.

Nothing else changes.
Thank you.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Just wanted to add the the 'Promotion Code' tab is not an SE thing. It is a new feature of the Altitude site for everybody.

Right now it seems to be used for the 'travel option' codes. We don't know yet if AC will use it for some other reason.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver

Nothing else changes.
Thanks Cow, for the clarification.

I was confused when some people said lounge passes would appear there. I selected lounge passes and nothing showed up in my Promo Code tab.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by JB0591
Sorry - when I checked the link, the matching posts were highlighted. May have just been cookies on my computer.
However, it was quickly found with a search so, sorry it was not helpful, but it's been discussed.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat

Nothing else changes.
Since I never received my "aircanada.com Travel Options" this year, I am quite happy with this new feature...
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Since I never received my "aircanada.com Travel Options" this year, I am quite happy with this new feature...
That assumes that this will work properly, unlike any of AC's other IT systems
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: AC Altitude P25K, Aeroplan, Star Alliance
Hello all,

I am a new 25K person. I am having trouble figuring out how to apply my Altitude promo code for Air Canada Bistro to a booking. When I click on "Use an Air Canada Gift Card or eCoupon" at the check-out, I'm then asked to put in a 15-digit eCoupon number as well as a 4-digit PIN. The Altitude promo code for the AC Bistro is 8 digits, not 15 digits, thus I can't enter it. Any tips? Sorry if this has been covered -- I did search but didn't find anything.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:45 am
alc

Originally Posted by esquandolas
Hello all,

I am a new 25K person. I am having trouble figuring out how to apply my Altitude promo code for Air Canada Bistro to a booking. When I click on "Use an Air Canada Gift Card or eCoupon" at the check-out, I'm then asked to put in a 15-digit eCoupon number as well as a 4-digit PIN. The Altitude promo code for the AC Bistro is 8 digits, not 15 digits, thus I can't enter it. Any tips? Sorry if this has been covered -- I did search but didn't find anything.
you put in the promo code at beginning of your search on AC web site, just like those % off discount codes.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alc
you put in the promo code at beginning of your search on AC web site, just like those % off discount codes.
I am working with 4 latitude flight passes. The codes I have are not eligible for use with flight passes. They are useless to me.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by acysb87
I am working with 4 latitude flight passes. The codes I have are not eligible for use with flight passes. They are useless to me.
Presumably they are also useless for people who don't travel in Y?

Can they be given away to people with no status?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC Altitude P25K, Aeroplan, Star Alliance
Originally Posted by alc
A ha! Thanks. Is there any way to apply the coupon afterwards? I guess I'll give them a call and check it out. It's only a $10 savings or so, and the flight is not until July so no biggie. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.