AC website alert re Cuba

Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
AC website alert re Cuba

The website is currently showing this red banner:

Travel Alerts | If you are travelling to or from Cuba and are not a U.S. citizen or resident, or otherwise subject to U.S. jurisdiction, please call Air Canada Reservations to complete your booking. (Bolding mine.)

Seems to me that the "not" should not be there, or am I missing something.
--
13F
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Agree
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
did AC recently start allowing revenue bookings (not Air Canada Vacations) to/from Cuba? Still no Aeroplan bookings.

/This particular US resident just flew on Southwest's Dec12 $49 inaugural TPA-HAV flight, then back on a $55 TPA-FLL on Spirit. Base fares, excluding tax/airport fees/health insurance were $5 there and ONE CENT back. Flights between Cuba and the US have huge excess capacity now, maybe that will reduce ACr's pricing.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I bet the US customers can't wait to be put up with Air Canada's hold times so they can get an agent who doesn't know what to do, place them on hold again, look for the latest memo and then read out a bunch of questions in regards to OFAC's Cuba travel requirements and satisfying their category of admission.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Agree. There have been posts on the US airline fora about the special visa requirements for Americans which don't apply to passport holders of other countries, and are causing gate and denied boarding issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.