Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

UPDATE: Air Canada Passengers no longer Get United Polaris Lounge Access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UPDATE: Air Canada Passengers no longer Get United Polaris Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
A little bit. I can't think of any other *A lounges that allow all other airline's passengers except for one.
AC is alone that it has a lot of volume on mostly narrow-body aircraft. This is a premium product for International J customers.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yvr76
AC is alone that it has a lot of volume on mostly narrow-body aircraft. This is a premium product for International J customers.
You bring up two points.

1. High volume

Is it really, though? I thought it was quite the trek from the AC gates. Are there that many AC pax visiting?

2. Not premium international J

So? UA gets paid either way. Unless there was overcrowding caused by too many AC pax, I don't see why they'd care.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Could it be UA wants more $$$ per visit and AC said no?

You bring up two points.

1. High volume

Is it really, though? I thought it was quite the trek from the AC gates. Are there that many AC pax visiting?
I thought you said its replacing the first class lounge, wouldn't that be actually closer than the United Club or the Singapore lounge at SFO?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Doubtful, most lounge billing rates are set on an alliance wide basis.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
Question will be what they are going to do in NRT/LHR/HKG. All of those have a ton of regional J seats on non-UA carriers.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Maybe the thread name should be change to 'AC J pax had Polaris lounge access and now they don't'. Otherwise every couple of months someone will post their story of rejection
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FlyingFelix
OMAAT has a short blurb that starting Oct 1, no AC access to Polaris.
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...da-passengers/
I got an honorable mention in the article.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:29 pm

I thought you said its replacing the first class lounge, wouldn't that be actually closer than the United Club or the Singapore lounge at SFO?
The only Polaris lounge right now is in ORD, where I believe it's quite the trek.

In SFO, the UC (plus SQ/BR lounges) are being replaced with a Polaris lounge. This is actually a setup where I would expect every AC J passenger would visit. But I'm still not convinced that would be very significant compared to the numerous wide-body flights to Asia/Europe every day.

We did the math further upthread. I think @rehoult corrected my poor math at one point too
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
The only Polaris lounge right now is in ORD, where I believe it's quite the trek.

In SFO, the UC (plus SQ/BR lounges) are being replaced with a Polaris lounge. This is actually a setup where I would expect every AC J passenger would visit. But I'm still not convinced that would be very significant compared to the numerous wide-body flights to Asia/Europe every day.

We did the math further upthread. I think @rehoult corrected my poor math at one point too
It is quite the trek, and I believe I was the only one, from an A.C. flight in there at the time. The agents had to read the memo, to understand the timing of the change, when I got there.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Excellent news, good to get this straightened out before more Polaris lounges open in SFO and EWR.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:00 am

Wow, I am lucky that I was one of the last people who was able to take advantage of this perk!

There cannot have been many AC passengers taking advantage of this. The desk agent did a double take when I entered, and stated that it was rare for them to see an AC passenger. The walk is definitely a factor.

Oh well, I am glad that I had at least the one opportunity.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:22 am

The *A Lounge Finder still shows AC J passengers as eligible, but not AC Y passengers with *G.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:23 pm

Currently in the SFO GFL, acting as the temporary Polaris lounge. It has Polaris entry signage on the outside, including "Star Alliance business and first class".

Two different agents let me in (I left to board, but there's a delay, so I'm back).

It has self-pour Captain Morgan spiced rum and Coke Zero, so hard to complain
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Somewhere should update the thread title lol
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:31 pm

Somewhere should update the thread title lol
What am I missing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.