Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC/CX sign codeshare deal for Canada/S.E. Asia and reciprocal FFM earning/redemption

AC/CX sign codeshare deal for Canada/S.E. Asia and reciprocal FFM earning/redemption

Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by echino
Easiest way to check CX/KA award availability is BA or JL websites. But we don't know if Aeroplan has access to the same set of award seats as oneworld partners do.
I would think that OW partner airline FFPs get some priority over the limited codeshare partnership that AC has with CX.

I also think that part of the reason you have to call Aeroplan to ask for avails is that the agents have to do a manual search by segment. And, it's also possible the CX and Aeroplan system don't/can't "talk" to each other.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:28 am

It's great to have options but for such a short trip I would rather spend my points on long hauls. If I'm seeing it correctly HKG (Asia 1) to rest of SE Asia (Asia 2) costs 40k r/t in Y and double that in J, plus the cost of taxes and applicable fees, if any. Not worth it imo.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
It's great to have options but for such a short trip I would rather spend my points on long hauls. If I'm seeing it correctly HKG (Asia 1) to rest of SE Asia (Asia 2) costs 40k r/t in Y and double that in J, plus the cost of taxes and applicable fees, if any. Not worth it imo.
Right, and we all recall the Fall 2015 Aeroplan devaluation which included Asia 1 to 2 going from 30,000 J round trip to 80,000

No way would Aeroplan charge any less for the CX routes.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:56 am

It's also interesting under which code the flight will be booked by Aeroplan. For example, HKG-CNX:

KA232
CX5232
AC9792
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
Aeroplan appears to be in full activity right now. After having reinstated Air China bookings, Aeroplan now makes it possible to book certain flights on Cathay Pacific.

It is now possible to use Aeroplan miles to book Cathay Pacific flights. But only between Hong Kong and:

ChiangMai, Thailand
Phuket, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Cebu, Philippines
Manila, Philippines
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam

The catch: for now the reservation is only available by phone at 1-800-361-5373.

https://milesopedia.com/programmes-a...ibles-aeroplan

I want to go from BKK to CEB. The only StarA carrier that flies to CEB is Asiana (OZ). Would I be able to use CX for BKK to CEB -- can I get a stop over in HKG.

Any one have any luck booking a CX award.

thanks ....
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by concol
I want to go from BKK to CEB. The only StarA carrier that flies to CEB is Asiana (OZ) and Eva(BR). However the BR flight requires an overnight connection in TPE. Would I be able to use CX for BKK to CEB -- can I get a stop over in HKG.

thanks ....
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
I want to go from BKK to CEB. The only StarA carrier that flies to CEB is Asiana (OZ). Would I be able to use CX for BKK to CEB -- can I get a stop over in HKG.
Please refer to Aeroplan reward rules. No stopover for intra-Asia rewards.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by beep88
Please refer to Aeroplan reward rules. No stopover for intra-Asia rewards.

thanks ....
I called the AP Center and was able to route BKK-HKG-CEB 40K points in economy ... the options were CX all the way or TG to HGK and the CX to CEB. The issue was I couldn't find the dates I wanted.

As noted - I could NOT do a stop over - but I can do a one way reward.

I am just glad to know that AP is able to find CX flights ... this is a huge benefit for me when trying to get to CEB.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:04 pm

Have a weird situation. Needed 3 tickets as part of a mini rtw, but two from one account and one from another, using CX between Bangkok and Hong Kong. BA(and Aeroplan agent) saw 4 tickets in U booking class (which is CX business award), booked two, and then the other two disappeared. I can still see two seats available if I use Avios, but my third ticket is stuck in economy for the moment

Have called three times, no luck so far
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I understand you cannot earn Aeroplan miles for a CX flight HKG-SIN booked stand-alone because SIN is not a destination listed in the chart.

Is it correct to say that even if HKG-SIN is on an Air Canada ticket, it does not make a difference = no mileage earning?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:57 am
alc

Originally Posted by escape4
I understand you cannot earn Aeroplan miles for a CX flight HKG-SIN booked stand-alone because SIN is not a destination listed in the chart.

Is it correct to say that even if HKG-SIN is on an Air Canada ticket, it does not make a difference = no mileage earning?
This link should provide the detail of earning requirement on CX flight:

https://www.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...=CathayPacific

But I think this bullet answer your question:
  • Codeshare flights operated by Cathay Pacific and marketed by Air Canada; Cathay Pacific determine how many miles you earn for your flights. Therefore, the booking class that appears on your ticket may differ from the booking class that the operating airline uses to determine flight miles earned. Refer to the Eligible Flights Tab of the operating carrier.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:08 am
Suspended

How to Redeem Aeroplan Miles on Cathay Pacific

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...an-redemption/

Attached Images  
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
AC Codeshare Flights (CX)

I have a reservation through Air Canada including two flights operated by Cathay Pacific (one outbound and another inbound).

The reservation has been ticketed, and I have separate booking reference numbers for both AC and CX segments. However, I am unable to access the booking on Cathay's website - would like to take a look and seat availability and make advance selection if possible. Any advice on how to do this? Should I call AC? CX?

This reservation will take me to HKG from Canada, and where I will have 1 hour and 20 minutes (scheduled time) before my CX flight. Any issue with transit time? Looks like both CX and AC are situated in T1 at HKG. If it helps, I hold a US passport, and I don't believe any destination/transit location has visa requirements.

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
CX has it's own PNR which you can get from AC.

1 hour 20 minutes is plenty of time to transit HKG.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
CX has it's own PNR which you can get from AC.

1 hour 20 minutes is plenty of time to transit HKG.
Thanks! I will reach out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.