Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC/CX sign codeshare deal for Canada/S.E. Asia and reciprocal FFM earning/redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC/CX sign codeshare deal for Canada/S.E. Asia and reciprocal FFM earning/redemption

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:14 pm

FYI

CX & LH group to codeshare.

The codeshare also includes Lufthansa Group subsidiaries Austrian Airlines and Swiss International Air Lines (SWISS).

The agreement covers Cathay Pacific flights with LH/LX/OS designator codes between Hong Kong to Sydney, Melbourne and Cairns in Australia and Auckland in New Zealand. Cathay will place its CX designator code on 14 Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian European flights.

“This new codeshare agreement will offer Cathay Pacific passengers enhanced connectivity to destinations in continental Europe through flights operated by Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian via our gateways in Frankfurt, Dusseldorf and Zurich,” Cathay Pacific CEO Ivan Chu said in a statement.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:11 am

Cathay Pacific affiliation

Morning!

Can someone clarify what the full affiliation is with Cathay Pacific & Star Alliance. They are listed as a partner but I thought for some reason they were not full code share partners.
If having them part of the itinerary is everything checked right through with one boarding passes and all and do you collect AP miles? or for example if going through HKG do you need pick up another boarding pass at the gate.

I am just using Korean Air as an example. We had one ticket but as an interline partner (I believe that is what it is called) we still had to get a Korean Airlines boarding pass at the transfer station in ICN.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:32 pm

Some Cathay Pacific flights now bookable w/ Aeroplan

Aeroplan appears to be in full activity right now. After having reinstated Air China bookings, Aeroplan now makes it possible to book certain flights on Cathay Pacific.

It is now possible to use Aeroplan miles to book Cathay Pacific flights. But only between Hong Kong and:

ChiangMai, Thailand
Phuket, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Cebu, Philippines
Manila, Philippines
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam

The catch: for now the reservation is only available by phone at 1-800-361-5373.

https://milesopedia.com/programmes-a...ibles-aeroplan
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:40 pm

Very interesting...hopefully the list of bookable cities will keep expanding.
HKG-YVR/YYZ on CX via Aeroplan will be great.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@imverge

Thanks for posting. Also, there is the original CX/Aeroplan thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...edemption.html

Link to Aeroplan

https://www5.aeroplan.com/whats_new/...062_2017_03_24

Attached Images  
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Fantastic post. Many thanks. This is great news for all AP participants.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:42 pm

Don't see AP as an option on a CX segment?

According to APs website, I should earn 125% AP on the BKK-HKG segment. I don't see AP as an option?

Attached Images  
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Hello all, can someone also explain to me how one can credit DL, QF, 9W, or FU flights to AP?

• Codeshare flights operated by Cathay Pacific and marketed by Air Canada; Cathay Pacific determine how many miles you earn for your flights. Therefore, the booking class that appears on your ticket may differ from the booking class that the operating airline uses to determine flight miles earned. Refer to the Eligible Flights Tab of the operating carrier.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Coming next on Aeroplan.. Westjet bookings!

Ron.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I thought the AC / CX reciprocal FF benefit deal only applied on specific intra Asia routes. TPAC isn't covered and I can't imagine why it ever would be as AC and CX compete head to head on those routes.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by imverge
Aeroplan appears to be in full activity right now. After having reinstated Air China bookings, Aeroplan now makes it possible to book certain flights on Cathay Pacific.

It is now possible to use Aeroplan miles to book Cathay Pacific flights. But only between Hong Kong and:

ChiangMai, Thailand
Phuket, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Cebu, Philippines
Manila, Philippines
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam

The catch: for now the reservation is only available by phone at 1-800-361-5373.

https://milesopedia.com/programmes-a...ibles-aeroplan
Thanks. Anyone know how many AP miles are required for a J and/or Y ticket between HKG and MNL?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:22 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Thanks. Anyone know how many AP miles are required for a J and/or Y ticket between HKG and MNL?
https://www5.aeroplan.com/use-your-m...entLanguage=en

So ASIA 1 to ASIA 2 40K Y 80K J
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:28 am

Is it possible to include such CX segment in mini-RTW?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: TK*G, AC
Originally Posted by echino
Is it possible to include such CX segment in mini-RTW?
I have the same question. I'm putting together a mRTW which includes Chiang Mai so being able to include CX could be very useful. I'll be calling AP in the next couple of weeks so I can update the thread then if no one has the answer any earlier.

I also wonder how we're supposed to determine availability on CX segments before calling in since they don't seem to show up on the AP booking engine...
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Tifosi
I have the same question. I'm putting together a mRTW which includes Chiang Mai so being able to include CX could be very useful. I'll be calling AP in the next couple of weeks so I can update the thread then if no one has the answer any earlier.

I also wonder how we're supposed to determine availability on CX segments before calling in since they don't seem to show up on the AP booking engine...
Easiest way to check CX/KA award availability is BA or JL websites. But we don't know if Aeroplan has access to the same set of award seats as oneworld partners do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.