Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
Please note that due to recent updates to site-wide forum best practices eUpgrade credits may only be freely shared but not solicited in any form. Posts asking for credits will be deleted.

This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to freely offer expiring eUpgrade credits to fellow forum members.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

Expiring e-upgrade credits!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:16 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
126 left here -- will use a few more this year and might get in a trip to Argentina in February so possibilities to use some still but likely retiring a bigger whack than normal this year.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:22 am

I have exactly 10 left and sadly will see them go into the bin at the end of Feb.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
126 left here -- will use a few more this year and might get in a trip to Argentina in February so possibilities to use some still but likely retiring a bigger whack than normal this year.
Might I suggest finding someone in the gate area and upgrading them?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Might I suggest finding someone in the gate area and upgrading them?
Used to do that in the "old days" when you could easily upgrade from any fare. Might still be some more possibilities with Tango fares allowed now I guess.

Always tried to upgrade the elderly to make their trips more pleasant and it was always appreciated (except by Elites who didn't get their upgrades!)
Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
64 will expire for me, plus about 20 for spouse (who is also nominee and my gifted E50K).

Interestingly, we're strongly thinking of doing our first-ever mileage (actually AQD) run in December -- she for $$$ and me on a points ticket. Or up-faring her remaining YOW-YYZ from Tango to full-J. She's over AQM and within $600 in AQD to get E50K on her own this year. In previous years I always had ample eUps earned late in the year that rolled over to the next year, and so it was painless enough to gift her E50K as one of my 100K select privileges instead of the eUps. However this year most of my flying was in the first half of the year, and so all of my current eUps will expire Feb 2017. She'll have multiple trips to Europe in Flex we could thus "prepay to upgrade", rather than either being short (my) credits to upgrade her at all, or at least without co-pay, next year.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
I'd be happy to use 26 or 52 credits... I'm flying mid week yqf-hkg in January and in February. SE booked in PY so good odds of upgrades clearing.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I'm sitting on 102 right now, haven't used one in months. In fact, I'm not sure whether I've used any of my 2016 program credits at all.

But I'm burning 40 on Sunday, another 16 the weekend after that, and possibly 8 tomorrow.

So that gets me to 38. There's a decent chance I'll use a good chunk of those before they expire.

Originally Posted by montrealer
Interestingly, we're strongly thinking of doing our first-ever mileage (actually AQD) run in December -- she for $$$ and me on a points ticket. Or up-faring her remaining YOW-YYZ from Tango to full-J. She's over AQM and within $600 in AQD to get E50K on her own this year. In previous years I always had ample eUps earned late in the year that rolled over to the next year, and so it was painless enough to gift her E50K as one of my 100K select privileges instead of the eUps. However this year most of my flying was in the first half of the year, and so all of my current eUps will expire Feb 2017. She'll have multiple trips to Europe in Flex we could thus "prepay to upgrade", rather than either being short (my) credits to upgrade her at all, or at least without co-pay, next year.
Interesting. My wife has never had status before but made E35K this year and will be within a few AQM of E50K. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why she would bother with a mileage run. She travels almost exclusively with me. Her eUps likely aren't very useful given (a) how few she gets and (b) lower priority. In fact, the 5 she got for early qualification will almost certainly go unused.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Mine were burned up on Jan 20. =) None going to waste here...
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by adam.smith
I'm sitting on 102 right now, haven't used one in months. In fact, I'm not sure whether I've used any of my 2016 program credits at all.

But I'm burning 40 on Sunday, another 16 the weekend after that, and possibly 8 tomorrow.

So that gets me to 38. There's a decent chance I'll use a good chunk of those before they expire.

Interesting. My wife has never had status before but made E35K this year and will be within a few AQM of E50K. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why she would bother with a mileage run. She travels almost exclusively with me. Her eUps likely aren't very useful given (a) how few she gets and (b) lower priority. In fact, the 5 she got for early qualification will almost certainly go unused.
Are those 8 tomorrow to come here????
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv

Ugghhh!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:55 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I would be more than happy to help out and smoother your pain of having e-upgrades expire.

I mean its no option premium expiring worthless - chance of AC buyout =0% :P
I have 107 eups some of which I could share.

Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Originally Posted by adam.smith
Interesting. [re montrealer saying his wife is considering an AQD run] My wife has never had status before but made E35K this year and will be within a few AQM of E50K. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why she would bother with a mileage run. She travels almost exclusively with me. Her eUps likely aren't very useful given (a) how few she gets and (b) lower priority. In fact, the 5 she got for early qualification will almost certainly go unused.
That (bolded) is the difference. My wife is an academic who travels domestically and internationally, in restricted economy - enough to make P25K or E35K reliably from her own flying, but E50K on her own only rarely. I travel enough for S100K largely in paid-J. That makes it quite effective for me to gift her E50K, use her own eups to upgrade her domestically where "safe", and mine to upgrade her longhaul or where less "safe". I have little need for upgrades myself, though I'm burning some now since I have so many of them.

In past years I've always raced through some eup thresholds in the fall and so ended the year with plenty of nonexpiring eups, and thus could afford to gift her E50K and give up the S100K status renewal eups. This year my travel peak was earlier in the year (and I travelled 120k rather than 300k+), so an AQD run for her to make E50K herself, and so I can get more eups myself rather than gifting her status, makes sense.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, AC*MM, Marriott Platinum Elite
If anyone has a nominee slot open and credits to burn, I would be very grateful for 26. I'm an SE100K flying Flex this coming week. I'll be sure to pay it forward...
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:46 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Are those 8 tomorrow to come here????
Yup, if it still works for you!

Originally Posted by montrealer
That (bolded) is the difference.
All makes sense, and that's what I figured.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
So I figured I'd start a thread for this (might be helpful for those who haven't assigned a nominee - which isn't me but oh well).

This year it looks like I'll only expire 42 credits!! Which is way better than the 140ish I expired last year! Woo!
How does this help anyone? I don't understand what you are trying to do.
I see that large number of people have shared that they have lots of credits. So far no one has shared the size of his or her most recent turd delivery event.

How is the number of credits one has going to help anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.