Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Determine operator fare class for AC codeshare?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Determine operator fare class for AC codeshare?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat; Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; Hyatt Gold; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by D404
Incorrect. The page shows AC codeshare fare codes for flights operated by LH.

Either FT's English comprehension is rock bottom, or Canadian English has significantly changed since I've moved to the UK, and I wasn't informed.

Therefore, I am going to explain with pictures and lists. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who replies could point out exactly where my logic or interpretation of the English language is failing here.
I'm sorry. Every time I tried to follow the links you included, I just got a page of JSON. Looking at the URLs I assumed it was supposed to be to the standard Aeroplan earnings tables.

We can see all of the possible LH-marketed LH fare codes will earn at least 50%. So, the strongest conclusion we can make is that silver_halide's flight will earn at least 50%, but maybe more. That's better than it possibly earning 0%, no?

I've tired to be exceptionally clear here, and I would appreciate it if anyone could point out if I've gone wrong somewhere, or where there is a fault in my logic. If I see replies akin to "no, you're wrong" without any evidence, I am going to assume you haven't read my post fully, or at all.
Your logic seems sound. The screen shots were helpful as they didn't look anything like what I was getting, or like any table I've seen in the past.

Thank you for your efforts. And 50% is certainly better than 0.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by silver_halide
I'm sorry. Every time I tried to follow the links you included, I just got a page of JSON. Looking at the URLs I assumed it was supposed to be to the standard Aeroplan earnings tables.

Your logic seems sound. The screen shots were helpful as they didn't look anything like what I was getting, or like any table I've seen in the past.

Thank you for your efforts. And 50% is certainly better than 0.
Just roll your eyes at AC IT. It's this forum's official pass-time!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by D404
so we now know that an AC-marketed codeshare T face code will map to some unknown fare code on LH metal that will earn 50% mileage on Aeroplan, based on the above page and images
Sorry, how do we KNOW that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.