Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada missed connection rights

Air Canada missed connection rights

Old Nov 13, 16, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever View Post
Wouldn't it be cheaper to book a separate YUL-YYZ and just 'misconnect' on flight to LGA.

Or even a one-way car rental can sometimes be reasonable on costcotravel.

Cheers
If the OP has a return ticket, he cannot miss one leg otherwise his return will be cancelled. He needs to do things overboard with AC.
Old Nov 14, 16, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Thank you for all your answers! All flights are on one ticket, so of course I don't want to miss my last leg without approval by AC as I have a return flight on this ticket 2 weeks later. I understand that I have pretty weak arguments to get rebooked to YYZ. So what I am hoping for is that AC will allow me to stay at the transfer point in YUL if I miss my original flight to LGA. Anybody has ever done that?
Old Nov 14, 16, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
If you legitimately misconnect the last flight of the day, you should have no problem doing anything reasonable.

Otherwise, good luck.
Old Nov 14, 16, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Talked to AC. As expected they are stating the destination has to stay the same. However they told me it depends on the airport staff and they might make an exception.

They told me if I got a connecting flight on AC in LGA on a separate ticket they will rebook at no charge in case of delay. I always thought with 2 separate tickets I would have to buy a new ticket in case of misconnection.

Last edited by Kapi1904; Nov 14, 16 at 10:39 am
Old Nov 14, 16, 10:53 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever View Post
Wouldn't it be cheaper to book a separate YUL-YYZ and just 'misconnect' on flight to LGA.

Or even a one-way car rental can sometimes be reasonable on costcotravel.

I guess the prices are about the same ( Just checked on google )
And either way he'd be unprotected in event of IRROPs or a mis-connect.

Good point though!
Old Nov 14, 16, 11:02 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Originally Posted by Kapi1904 View Post
Talked to AC. As expected they are stating the destination has to stay the same. However they told me it depends on the airport staff and they might make an exception.

They told me if I got a connecting flight on AC in LGA on a separate ticket they will rebook at no charge in case of delay. I always thought with 2 separate tickets I would have to buy a new ticket in case of misconnection.

LGA-YUL-YYZ are part of a SDC triangle.
Essentially you could book the last ticket of the day and show up at the airport "early" and go on standby.
There are no fee's for this as they always try and get people out of the area quick before IRROPs

Search this Thread
Search Engine: