Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AP agent left account in "poor standing"

Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder

I just made a change to a Mini-RTW I had booked. AP rep was able to make the change and do the change/refund on the tax difference... but they could not process the $90 change fee because of some unknown technical issue.

The AP agent said that he would simply leave my AP account "in poor standing" and that I could settle up the outstanding fee next time I wanted to make a booking.

It appears that this is a real thing; I can't make an online reservation now (it hangs at this screen). I assume that if I call in, the phone rep will get me to cough up the $90... and $30 for daring to bother them for making a booking.

I'm not opposed to paying the fee, I'm just wondering if anyone else has anyone ever had this before?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had this issue once (though I wasn't told about it).

When I saw the message online, I actually called in, and they told me it was because I was never charged a cancellation fee. I had to dig through credit card records in order to believe it.

But I was able to pay it online, no problem. It just added an extra $90 to the total it charged me.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 12:59 pm

Had that happen recently on my wife's account. She had cancelked two tix in March. We just booked a different trip the other day and were surprised to see this unpaid fee show up. We were able to confirm its validity.

Man they suck. Wonder how they will process their new change fee structure.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: AP SPG HH
I had this happen as well. They didn't charge a cancellation fee to my credit card (March '16). They sent me an email but I couldn't reply to it and provided me an 800 that left me on hold for 1.5 hours waiting for an agent. The agent was surprised the wait was that long, she said she thought they had fixed that problem. I suggested when they are going to lock our account they should give us an email we can respond to or provide a dedicated number we can call to sort it out. We didn't make the mistake, they did.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Perfect timing for this thread. I'm going through this hell now. Cancelled two tickets in April.

In July when I was on the phone they said I had an unpaid balance for the change fees. But I know I paid them. So they gave me a fax number to send in my CC statement which I did. Then I called them a couple of weeks later to confirm and all was well.

Then two days ago I get an email about the unpaid balance again. I thought maybe it was for something else. Nope! Same fees as before. They now have no record of me sending them anything. Now I have to waste my time and send them the same documents again.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I had this happen 3 times in the past couple of years on various reward changes and cancellations. It's never blocked me from making any future bookings. I've never noticed a notice on my account, but I just get charged a higher fee automatically on the next booking. I'm amazed they've missed charging the fees, because throughout all of those changes followed by new bookings, the credit card number I was using remained the same the whole time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.