Air Canada Bid Upgrade Program

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 3, 22, 3:29 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: yowcat
Wiki Link
If I use a Bid Upgrade do I get additional SQM / SQD now for my flights?

No.

If I use a Bid Upgrade on an International Flight leaving YYZ/YVR do I get access to the Signature Lounge?

No.

AC Bid Upgrade - FAQs

https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...pgrade-FAQ.pdf

If your upgrade request is accepted, the fare conditions for the original ticket you purchased shall remain in effect and will be applicable with respect to cancellation policies, change fees, conditions for minimum and maximum stay, and rules relating to the accrual of frequent flyer miles. All other conditions will be per the upgraded fare class.

On the AC website:

"AC Bid Upgrade - Your opportunity to travel in a higher cabin class"

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/AirCanada

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 29, 22, 3:34 pm

I am new here.. just wondering.. what does it mean when there is nothing left in J but still have spots (3) in C? Are there still any available business class for bidding?

EDIT: Looks like an error just now. It's all good now. J4 C3.

Last edited by techscrapyard; Sep 29, 22 at 3:57 pm
Old Oct 6, 22, 9:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Hi tried a bid upgrade from YYC to LHR on Oct 7, AC850 $1300 (economy to business) but got rejected. Is anyone able to tell me if there is any business class left? Not sure on my chances of a LMU at check in.

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 22, 9:28 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by ryanjmah View Post
Hi tried a bid upgrade from YYC to LHR on Oct 7, AC850 $1300 (economy to business) but got rejected. Is anyone able to tell me if there is any business class left? Not sure on my chances of a LMU at check in.

Thanks!
There is 1 seat left each in J and PY.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Oct 6, 22, 9:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks, I should have said my wife and I were looking to upgrade so would need two seats.
Old Oct 6, 22, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by ryanjmah View Post
Thanks, I should have said my wife and I were looking to upgrade so would need two seats.
That wouldn't have changed my answer.
Bravada04 and canadiancow like this.
Old Oct 14, 22, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by cadburygood View Post
HKG - YVR | Oct 30 | AC008

Wondering if there are any seats in business and what is the chance for winning the low bid for upgrade?

Thanks!!
Cadburygood,
Please let us know how much is your bid if you are successful for upgrade.
Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 22, 4:19 pm

Hi, new to Flyertalk and these bid upgardes. My parents are flying from HKG to SFO thru YVR on 10/30/22. Right now for HKG to YVR it's $810 (min) to $1350 (max). What is the strategy for bid upgrade?
Should I try to bid like $880 (pretty good) to see if I will get it now / in a week? or bid lower and wait for LMU?

someone very nice checked the current openings for me:

"Looks pretty open J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 R9 O9 E9 A0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K0 G0 F0"

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 22, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by cadburygood View Post
What is the strategy for bid upgrade?
I always say bid the lowest.
You probably aren't competing with many if anyone.
cadburygood likes this.
Old Oct 15, 22, 1:32 pm

Bid AND eUpgrade

Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything. I'm on a waitlist for YUL>CDG on 18 Oct (50k), economy to business. My window opened Thursday. I just got an email from AC asking me if I wanted to put in a bid.

Does it make any sense to bid when I'm already waiting on an eupgrade? Is the worry that you would get dinged twice?

Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 22, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC50 MM
Originally Posted by RunBMC View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything. I'm on a waitlist for YUL>CDG on 18 Oct (50k), economy to business. My window opened Thursday. I just got an email from AC asking me if I wanted to put in a bid.

Does it make any sense to bid when I'm already waiting on an eupgrade? Is the worry that you would get dinged twice?

Thanks!
EF shows J2 C2 D0 Z0 P0 R0 so the chance of you getting an upgrade is low (as anyone in PE will trump you, as well as the E75's and SE in Econ)
So if you want to sit up front I suggest that you bid for it.
With J2 I am surprised that they are even offering a bid upgrade.
Good luck!
Old Oct 15, 22, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
With J2 I wouldn't get my hopes up for a bid upgrade either.
Old Oct 15, 22, 2:14 pm

Thanks both!
Old Oct 17, 22, 7:55 am

My business class bid upgrade got accepted with a email and CC charged at T-48 to flight. At check-in I got my boarding pass and seat assigned. T-8 hours I get a text message that says my seat got changed to Y (middle seat of all things). Sure enough my boarding pass is now DOWNGRADED from J to Y. I call AC reservations and they don't know what's going on and claim I still have a seat in business so will not be getting a refund???

What on earth? Has anyone had this happen before where your bid was accepted and credit card charged only for a last minute seat change to occur? When I check the stand-by/upgrade list for some reason my name is on there as #7.
Old Oct 17, 22, 9:02 am

Programs: AC, Marriott
Originally Posted by WJ_Fan_147 View Post
My business class bid upgrade got accepted with a email and CC charged at T-48 to flight. At check-in I got my boarding pass and seat assigned. T-8 hours I get a text message that says my seat got changed to Y (middle seat of all things). Sure enough my boarding pass is now DOWNGRADED from J to Y. I call AC reservations and they don't know what's going on and claim I still have a seat in business so will not be getting a refund???

What on earth? Has anyone had this happen before where your bid was accepted and credit card charged only for a last minute seat change to occur? When I check the stand-by/upgrade list for some reason my name is on there as #7.
Have a look at the PNR checker cowtool and see what it says. Could also try to undo the ckeck-in and start that again and see what seat you get.
Old Oct 17, 22, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by WJ_Fan_147 View Post

Sounds like an aircraft change and now anyone that was originally confirmed in Business, but are no longer seated in Business will show as being on the upgrade list.

Reservations likely won't be able to help here as this is likely all being done in the Airport PSS and not the Reservation system.
WJ_Fan_147, YOWgary and Adam Smith like this.

Search this Thread