Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Standby in AC Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

UA Standby in AC Lounge

I am looking at purchasing an Air Canada Lounge membership, and I'm wondering whether I can access the lounge on space available ticket. I know with United Club, employees can access the lounge on standby tickets however does the same apply to Maple Leaf Lounges. So I would be flying United Standby with AC Membership. Has anyone ever tried this before?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Where would you hope to do this?
LAX, LGA and none other? It may work.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:22 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Where would you hope to do this?
LAX, LGA and none other? It may work.
that wouldn't work for a ua standby, ac is in totally different terminals at lax and different concourse in lga, so i assume op meant yvr yyz yul lhr fra and cdg

if you have a membership you're entitled access and nowhere in tc does it forbid nonrevs. i don't think you have to show a bp with the membership? if that's the case then op completely avoids drama with a lounge dragon who wants to take their own interpretation of the rules. but op should consult non-rev rules on his/her co intranet. i remember being on same ac flight outta lax as non-rev friend, and at the time it was very clear that *g gets one guest travelling on *a, full stop (no mention of fare, etc). non-rev friend was freaked out to even try, i ask the agent at the old nz lounge in passing if i could hypothetically bring in a nonrev friend, he said it was allowed. either way nonrev was still too spooked to try, something about rules saying non revs not allowed in lounges period.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan
My husband has a Worldwide MLL membership. He always has to show his boarding pass and since the Worldwide membership allows him to take in one additional person - usually me - I have always had to show my boarding pass as well.

My husband went through YYZ to the U.S. this a.m. and had to show his card and his boarding pass to gain lounge entry.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:54 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by LucasCA
I am looking at purchasing an Air Canada Lounge membership, and I'm wondering whether I can access the lounge on space available ticket. I know with United Club, employees can access the lounge on standby tickets however does the same apply to Maple Leaf Lounges. So I would be flying United Standby with AC Membership. Has anyone ever tried this before?
Unfortunately it's not permitted.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Unfortunately it's not permitted.
:O omg Ben, welcome back!!! ^ ^ ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.