Wiki Posts
Search

YXE MLL under construction?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
YXE MLL under construction?

Apologies if this was discussed previously, but I noticed this link posted in another thread. It says that AC is building a new MLL in Saskatoon to open in fall 2017. Is this true? Has anyone heard anything? Will this be a "real" MLL, or a "Regina-style" lounge (ie. no staff, no business centre, no washrooms, and basically no food)?

http://www.travelweek.ca/news/air-ca...ewark-airport/

I have to say, I was surprised to read this. YXE is such a small station, with most flights being express to YEG, YYC, YWG, and YVR....
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They're finally giving us EYWers the respect we deserve!

I've had to PAY for alcohol in YXE!

HOW DARE THEY!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by nave888
Apologies if this was discussed previously, but I noticed this link posted in another thread. It says that AC is building a new MLL in Saskatoon to open in fall 2017. Is this true? Has anyone heard anything? Will this be a "real" MLL, or a "Regina-style" lounge (ie. no staff, no business centre, no washrooms, and basically no food)?

http://www.travelweek.ca/news/air-ca...ewark-airport/

I have to say, I was surprised to read this. YXE is such a small station, with most flights being express to YEG, YYC, YWG, and YVR....
Maybe YXE gave AC free rent.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Nice to see AC expanding its lounge product across Canada. Let's hope YYJ is next!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Bump

Wot, no lounge? Were they making this up, or just hiding the construction very very well?

Anyone got any info?

YXEG
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by YXEGeordie
Bump

Wot, no lounge? Were they making this up, or just hiding the construction very very well?

Anyone got any info?

YXEG
I live in YXE. I'm at the airport every week. There's no post- security construction (or space) for a MLL. As I've said previously, you can show up for your flight (pre-security) 45 minutes before departure and still have time for a Timmies Before boarding. No need for a MLL.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by dinotoon
I live in YXE. I'm at the airport every week. There's no post- security construction (or space) for a MLL. As I've said previously, you can show up for your flight (pre-security) 45 minutes before departure and still have time for a Timmies Before boarding. No need for a MLL.
What if you have a 3 hour connection?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
get an extra large double double.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:47 am

Would you sit in the YQR MLL for three hours? I can usually stand it for about five minutes and then I'm out. I don't imagine if YXE ever got one that it would be much bigger.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
s/he will be in a different airport.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:56 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yeah I did my annual pilgrimage to the homeland last month and there's certainly no lounge, nor any sign of one, at YXE.

The 'lounge' for me is "Refuel" which seems to be okay if I order just a large glass of wine and sit there. That's about it other than Timmies.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by arf04
Would you sit in the YQR MLL for three hours? I can usually stand it for about five minutes and then I'm out. I don't imagine if YXE ever got one that it would be much bigger.
I have had 3 hour connections in YQR where I sat in that MLL
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by dinotoon
I use to be based out of YXE before heading back to the west coast.

The original drawings for the last round of airport expansions had that area that is currently occupied by the Starbucks as the airline lounge space. Roughly from the walkway and stretching to the glass windows that overlook landslide area heading to security. I think there is also a pair of washrooms that be part of that.

Honestly I can't see an MLL. What might make sense is a lounge similar to Quebec city where it is run by the airport authority and a combined MLL/AMEX/WestJet/... etc. lounge.

The one drawback of building something like that is then what do they do with the Starbucks stand that is only open a few hours each morning.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:54 pm

I have had 3 hour connections in YQR where I sat in that MLL
I'm pretty sure the airport authority has a prize for such mental and physical fortitude...
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: AC, AA, AS, UA, WN, IHG, Hilton
That's pretty rare to have a connection at YXE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.