Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Your invitation to an exclusive culinary event November 10, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Similar to previous years' invites/events. Who else go this?
if you received the invite, are you going?

========================

RSVP by October 19, 2016

CANADA’S BEST NEW RESTAURANTS COCKTAIL RSVP BY OCTOBER 19, 2016

yyznomad,

In appreciation of your continued loyalty, it is our pleasure to invite you and a guest to discover this year’s best new Canadian restaurants at an exclusive gala featuring the winning chefs.

Join us to celebrate the 15th anniversary of this special event, and enjoy a taste of the top 10 restaurants that captured our attention – all of which will be featured in the November issue of Air Canada’s enRoute magazine.

When
Thursday, November 10, 2016, at 7:00 P.M.

Where
Design Exchange
234 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario

Please RSVP by October 19, 2016, at
[email protected]

This invitation is non-transferable and is valid for you and one guest.

We look forward to seeing you,

Benjamin Smith
President, Passenger Airlines
Air Canada
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Got it but will be heading back from YVR that day. It was a fun event last year.

Note: IMHO it might be wise not to publish details of these kind of events.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by The Lev
Got it but will be heading back from YVR that day. It was a fun event last year.

Note: IMHO it might be wise not to publish details of these kind of events.
perhaps you may have a point... however, over the past several years others have started similar threads for such events... so I am not the first and probably won't be the last!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Wow-- two invites in two days...You social calendar is getting full!!

Waiting on YOW events... oh wait, we probably dont have any Top 10 restaurants here..
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Who gets these? SEMMs with an address in Toronto?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Profitable flyers
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I'm a SEMM in Toronto (area). I never get these
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AC SE
This one actually sounds like a really interesting event!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SE
The loudest SE's on FT with a toronto address?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

from speaking with others in the past who received similar invites to this culinary event as myself, the one thing in common we had was MM and spend... this is anecdotal as i am not sure of what other factors may be involved. The ones i corresponded with had spend several multiples of the AQD requirement.

im not saying this is a two way equivalence, but more of a one way implication
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Who gets these?
Based upon other similar functions, there is a formula that spits out the AP numbers based upon $ paid and relationship. Then, there is a human verification. The human verification is to weed out invitees who are not a good fit, i.e. known loud drunks, or one of the unwashed who might show up in cargo shorts and sandals causing a negative reaction from the other carefully selected invitees. After all, this is an AC event and is intended for those who wear only the finest polyester knit blends from Moores.

IMHO it might be wise not to publish details of these kind of event Doesn't matter. It is not an event that will attract anyone of any significance in respect to national security, the economy or science and technology. There is security at the door and there is a verification of identity. John Beckwith and Jeremy Grey will not be popping in to "pick up chicks".

Yes, I know, everyone is important and has value. However, aside from the winners of a juice box and certificate attesting to their awesomeness and who go to any freebie, this has a limited appeal. We are entering high season for receptions. I had invites to 4 last week and I'm a nobody. I declined all. People are picking and choosing, and these type of events are not a priority for people unless they are interested in dining or "fashion" etc.

It's a promotional event where the so called best restaurants are not necessarily the best, but where (IMO) they have ponyied up to play and to try and promote their restaurant. Seriously, how can one judge a restaurant based upon a few reheated canapes? The setting and the format does not do justice to the creations that require time and appropriate kitchen preparation. Some of the participants may indeed be purveyors of fine dining. One won't know from the congealed globs and lukewarm skewers of marinated dead animal flesh that will be served.

(And yes, I am in one of those moods today. I am dealing with an another special shining star in our IT department who is apparently feeble minded, and bereft of any common sense. I bet he'd love to attend, if they serve gourmet cheeze doodles.)
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So out of curiosity, who else received this invite?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
So out of curiosity, who else received this invite?
Prolly not many of us , prolly mainly because many AC FTers are not in YYZ and the rest of us are Tango-flying, unprofitable members of the RCHHMP
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by yyznomad
...the one thing in common we had was MM and spend... The ones i corresponded with had spend several multiples of the AQD requirement.
Another data point: I was invited, and attended last year. This year, I have travelled and spent rather less than in previous years, though I have still requalified for SE, and spent more than double the AQD requirement so far. I have not received an invitation this year... Perhaps AC is offended by my disloyalty
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maradori
Prolly not many of us , prolly mainly because many AC FTers are not in YYZ and the rest of us are Tango-flying, unprofitable members of the RCHHMP
The others that were invited are not part of any RCHHMP detachment, so for sure RCHHMP membership is not a criteria.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.