Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa VS Air Canada business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I posted this on the Lufthansa forum to, not sure if its okey to post it here to. If not please just delete my post.

So I am going to a skiing holiday to Canada or the US from Oslo Norway.
A large part of a holiday for me is the trip itself. And now I have been lucky enough to be able to get a business class ticket.

So the choice is between Air Canada on their Boeing 787-900 or Lufthansa on the 747-400. I would like to fly Lufthansa first class but they appear to not have the product to Vancouver, Denver or Calgary.

So what would you guys fly? Business class on Air Canada or Lufthansa?

Or if you would recommend any other airline. I would like to have only one layover in Europe. And it should be a Star Alliance airline. My destinations are Denver, Salt Lake City, Vancouver or Calgary (yes, I am basing my destination largely on the trip getting there).
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
I believe LH has an old and a new J class on the 747-400. Its a crap shoot whether you'll get the new J class on LH. The J product in the 787 is pretty good and there is no risk. I'd go with AC.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sram
I believe LH has an old and a new J class on the 747-400. Its a crap shoot whether you'll get the new J class on LH. The J product in the 787 is pretty good and there is no risk. I'd go with AC.
AFAIK all LH 744's have now the new J seat. Nothing to write home about, but definitely better than the old angled seat.

I'd go with LH, simply because of the aircraft. The 744 is slowly disappearing from the skies, while the triples and the 787's of all kinds will be around for a long time.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Finnair Platinum
Originally Posted by Vektor
I would like to fly Lufthansa first class but they appear to not have the product to Vancouver, Denver or Calgary.
What day you are leaving?
Lufthansa fly A330 from Munich-Denver with first class until November 30th
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Hello,

I posted this on the Lufthansa forum to, not sure if its okey to post it here to. If not please just delete my post.

A large part of a holiday for me is the trip itself. And now I have been lucky enough to be able to get a business class ticket.

So the choice is between Air Canada on their Boeing 787-900 or Lufthansa on the 747-400. I would like to fly Lufthansa first class but they appear to not have the product to Vancouver, Denver or Calgary.

Or if you would recommend any other airline. I would like to have only one layover in Europe. And it should be a Star Alliance airline. My destinations are Denver, Salt Lake City, Vancouver or Calgary (yes, I am basing my destination largely on the trip getting there).
I like both airlines J class. My choice would be the airline take give you the direct(non stop) flight from Europe to your ski city.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Hello,

It is against the rules to cross post. You posted originally in the LH forum, self-admittedly.

Also, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...4-vs-ac-j.html
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Yes, as cross-posting is discouraged by FT Rules I'll close this thread and ask the posts be directed to the LH forum thread on the topic.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.