Air Canada Throwback Thursday

Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:23 am
  #496  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,949
An advertisement from the old days.

yyznomad likes this.
tracon is offline  
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:15 am
  #497  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: YYG
Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Posts: 2,952
Back when the 777s were new. Crappy quality pictures taken on my then-new Blackberry Curve ... remember them? CDG-YYZ, spring 2009.






Last edited by Symmetre; Mar 9, 2023 at 10:23 am
Symmetre is offline  
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:24 pm
  #498  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: YEG, YVR
Programs: AC 50K
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Back when the 777s were new. Crappy quality pictures taken on my then-new Blackberry Curve ... remember them? CDG-YYZ, spring 2009.
The old seats on the 777 are way better than the ones now IMO
YBang is offline  
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:49 pm
  #499  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ideally YOW, but probably not
Programs: AC SE*MM
Posts: 1,800
That is the fun part about having the A320s still in the fleet. When I'm flying YYZ-YOW I can go back to when Project XM was a new thing and that IFE was state of the art.
RatherBeInYOW is offline  
Old Mar 16, 2023, 7:04 am
  #500  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: YDF
Programs: AC 50K
Posts: 89
Spotted on my dad's 30 year old ski bag. Throwback to the pre-Jazz era:

salteen is offline  
Old Mar 16, 2023, 7:55 am
  #501  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Posts: 16,535
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Found a couple Lintoy AC planes from my childhood. A well loved DC9 and a B727.
Those aircraft look just like a 788 I flew on recently.

Originally Posted by tracon
An advertisement from the old days.
That advertisement hasn't aged particularly well.
The Lev is online now  
Old Mar 16, 2023, 11:23 am
  #502  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Posts: 6,110
Originally Posted by salteen
Spotted on my dad's 30 year old ski bag. Throwback to the pre-Jazz era:

Oh wow!

I recall flying on a Q400 (or something like that) with their livery. A long time ago. Somewhere ... East.
Bohemian1 is offline  
Old Mar 16, 2023, 11:29 am
  #503  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: YDF
Programs: AC 50K
Posts: 89
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Oh wow!

I recall flying on a Q400 (or something like that) with their livery. A long time ago. Somewhere ... East.
I think this was even before Q400s were flying! You might have been on an older series DH1 or DH3.
salteen is offline  
Old Mar 16, 2023, 11:45 am
  #504  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Posts: 6,110
Originally Posted by salteen
I think this was even before Q400s were flying! You might have been on an older series DH1 or DH3.
Possibly. It was a DHC product of some form. I think. That was a long time ago.
Bohemian1 is offline  
Old Mar 17, 2023, 9:36 am
  #505  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: YYG
Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Posts: 2,952
Not Thursday, but always a good time to look at birds from our past and DHC products in particular. In this case, a Jazz Dash 8-100 marked FIN 835, reg. C-GJSX, seen waiting on the ramp in Victoria on a sunny morning in November 2012, waiting to ferry me to YVR and then on to YYZ. Delivered to Air Ontario in November 1987, presently in storage.

I loved the Dash 8 ... still one of my all-time favs.


Symmetre is offline  
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:23 pm
  #506  
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 33,857
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Not Thursday, but always a good time to look at birds from our past and DHC products in particular. In this case, a Jazz Dash 8-100 marked FIN 835, reg. C-GJSX, seen waiting on the ramp in Victoria on a sunny morning in November 2012, waiting to ferry me to YVR and then on to YYZ. Delivered to Air Ontario in November 1987, presently in storage.

I loved the Dash 8 ... still one of my all-time favs.

My first AC flight was on a DH1 just like that painted in those colors. May, 2014 PIT-YYZ.
CMK10 is offline  
Old May 2, 2023, 7:39 pm
  #507  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,949
With the passing of Gordon Lightfoot, an AC DC-8 at the 1:03 mark.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/news/tv%20...the%20national
tracon is offline  
Old May 8, 2023, 8:14 pm
  #508  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Posts: 35,223
Originally Posted by tracon
An advertisement from the old days.

"It was a different time"
yyznomad is offline  
Old May 21, 2023, 5:15 pm
  #509  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Kent, UK
Programs: BA
Posts: 7
Any FF on Air Canada YOW to LHR Jul 2001

Hello, I realize this is a very long time ago, but was wandering if anyone was a frequent flyer on Air Canada in Jul 2001 going from YOW to LHR. If so, can you remember the flight number and dep and arrival time and arrival terminal at LHR? Specifically, dep on Fri 20 Jul. I would be so incredibly grateful 😊
Mariposa2001 is offline  
Old May 21, 2023, 5:18 pm
  #510  
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE MM, FB Gold, DL PM, WS Plat, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Posts: 16,466
Originally Posted by Mariposa2001
Hello, I realize this is a very long time ago, but was wandering if anyone was a frequent flyer on Air Canada in Jul 2001 going from YOW to LHR. If so, can you remember the flight number and dep and arrival time and arrival terminal at LHR? Specifically, dep on Fri 20 Jul. I would be so incredibly grateful 😊
You're going to be hard-pressed to find arrival or departure times. But this website will give you the flight number and runway time at LHR.
Mariposa2001 likes this.
Adam Smith is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.