Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Throwback Thursday

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 3:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My brother and me before flying our first ever AC flight. PIT-YYZ on a Dash 8 back in May of 2014.

Also delicious pretzels.
aeroman380 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SKYEG
This is an amazing thread, can't believe I just found it! Nice to see these cool planes before I was born!!!

And I totally remember that exact same menu yyznomad posted as that was my first ever flight in AC J LOL. I had the salmon and was completely blown away by the three choices, the amazing dessert and getting a full can of soda... The nostalgia is so strong right now
Wow, you remember that exact 2011 menu I posted recently? Impressive.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Wow, you remember that exact 2011 menu I posted recently? Impressive.
I actually have my own menu too, along with all my other first J flights. Including BPs. It was my first AC J flight, I remember even the name of my SD.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:45 pm

I actually have my own menu too, along with all my other first J flights. Including BPs. It was my first AC J flight, I remember even the name of my SD.
That's pretty cool that you remember that, I certainly don't remember my first J flight - though I think I may have my first ever AC boarding pass (circa 1990), I'll dig it up an post it when home again. I also found some cool photos circa 1986 with a KLM bird in the background and one on board with Y meal boxes in what I assume is LH, but not sure. Will have to find appropriate places to post when home.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Well, now you're just going to have to post them here!
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
That's pretty cool that you remember that, I certainly don't remember my first J flight - though I think I may have my first ever AC boarding pass (circa 1990), I'll dig it up an post it when home again. I also found some cool photos circa 1986 with a KLM bird in the background and one on board with Y meal boxes in what I assume is LH, but not sure. Will have to find appropriate places to post when home.
Well, now you're just going to have to post them here!
absolutely… here’s all my J BPs for all my firsts, including AC. Blurred for full name privacy so it’s not really worth sharing.

I got actually a ton of old AC menus from ‘11-‘16, I will post them when I get back to PHX next month still on the road. I don’t have many pics saved on my phone.

I miss the lamb, it's always the beef tenderloin now.

I never understood why AC gave out menus when option is omelette or omelette …
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

absolutely… here’s all my J BPs for all my firsts, including AC. Blurred for full name privacy so it’s not really worth sharing.
Umm, all your pics are fuzzy
For the BPs, I was thinking like what we've done upthread... some scanned, some closer pics... all edited to block out sensitive info... you can simply post one BP here and there... no rush.
Seeing the old details/fonts/stock brand & year/colors of the BPs always piques my interest!
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Umm, all your pics are fuzzy
For the BPs, I was thinking like what we've done upthread... some scanned, some closer pics... all edited to block out sensitive info... you can simply post one BP here and there... no rush.
Seeing the old details/fonts/stock brand & year/colors of the BPs always piques my interest!
I will definitely do it when back at home... LOL!!! Makes a lot of sense. I took that pic and used a blur website and posted it with my phone directly onto the forum. Finding that blur website and saving that picture took me 10 minutes. It's about the extent of my photo uploading skills on FT apparently. I feel so dumb now. I personally don't think my flights are hardly old or interesting enough to catch the interest of anyone here though... For AC I have a YVR-ICN Korean Menu that you might find interesting from '14 I think.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will definitely do it when back at home... LOL!!! Makes a lot of sense. I took that pic and used a blur website and posted it with my phone directly onto the forum. Finding that blur website and saving that picture took me 10 minutes. It's about the extent of my photo uploading skills on FT apparently. I feel so dumb now. I personally don't think my flights are hardly old or interesting enough to catch the interest of anyone here though... For AC I have a YVR-ICN Korean Menu that you might find interesting from '14 I think.
No worries, no rush. Quality over quantity!
Also, regarding the omelette or omelette... it is helpful to list everything else available for the J pax! Some years they had the French version on the obverse, so you could order a French omelette and the English omelette.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:22 pm

Maybe that was just circa 1990 film quality, and we're just too used to HD/4k/8k/etc...
SKYEG and YYCNoob like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

April 2011 J Eastbound Transcon Lunch/Dinner Menu [469 CARA EAST XLH HM-NJCIC 04 11]

April 2011 J Eastbound Transcon Lunch/Dinner Menu
469 CARA EAST XLH HM-NJCIC 04 11

(Let me know if I should make the pic larger)
Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:01 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I always print mine! But I’m old. Also, paper BPs never run out of batteries.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of paper BPs - I have 74 of them on my desk right now. I just prefer to get them printed at the airport rather than do it myself
Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I have an Air Canada tea spoon from back when you were still allowed to give metal utensils to the Economy folks. It's still in the dishwasher, but it's this little spoon my Nan smuggled off the plane on a late 80's trip from Nova Scotia to Calgary to visit after my cousin was born. I didn't even realize I still had it until about a year ago.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kishiwada
I have an Air Canada tea spoon from back when you were still allowed to give metal utensils to the Economy folks. It's still in the dishwasher, but it's this little spoon my Nan smuggled off the plane on a late 80's trip from Nova Scotia to Calgary to visit after my cousin was born. I didn't even realize I still had it until about a year ago.
Nice! Do you have a pic of it you could post here?
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Bohemian1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.