Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

RDU to YYZ; Do you clear customs in Raleigh or in Toronto?

Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K; *G; VIPorter Priority; HHonors Gold; Fairmont President's Club Premier; Nexus

Has anyone flown AC from Raleigh to Toronto? Do you clear customs in Raleigh or in Toronto?

I have to be in Raleigh soon and am trying to figure out scheduling and how early I need to arrive at the airport.

Any info would be appreciated.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
YYZ to RDU - US immigration and customs clearance in Toronto
RDU to YYZ - Canada immigration and customs in Toronto
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K; *G; VIPorter Priority; HHonors Gold; Fairmont President's Club Premier; Nexus
Thanks.

In looking at the website for RDU, it doesn't look as though there is a Star Alliance lounge there. Am I wrong on that?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: Status Free
You are correct. Not since the AA/US merger. Just AA and Delta lounges in terminal 2.

i think there's a generic, pay as you go lounge in terminal 1, but could be wrong, I never fly out of that terminal.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLovehall
Thanks.

In looking at the website for RDU, it doesn't look as though there is a Star Alliance lounge there. Am I wrong on that?
Originally Posted by ediemac1
You are correct. Not since the AA/US merger. Just AA and Delta lounges in terminal 2.

i think there's a generic, pay as you go lounge in terminal 1, but could be wrong, I never fly out of that terminal.
The former Club at RDU in Terminal 1 closed a few years ago. As of now there is no Star Alliance lounge at RDU. There is an Admirals Club and Skyclub which sell day passes if you are interested.

On a positive note, RDU is a very user friendly airport and clearing security rarely takes a long time. There are a few decent restaurants to wait at if you don't want to visit a lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.