Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Altitude Program Predictions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
2017 Altitude Program Predictions

It's October, and the Altitude program changes have historically been announced at this time of year.

With the new AQD requirements in place, I can think of two things to watch for:

1) Announcement of 2017 Altitude Program Benefits (Oct-Dec 2016)
- Will the AQD requirements for 2018 increase further? Has AC shrunk the number of elites/super-elites enough?
- What new and improved benefits will there be? Or will more benefits be cut?

2) Effective changes (Mar 1, 2017 onwards)
- Will decreases in the numbers of, plus assigned minimal monetary value of Elites/Super Elites change staff behavior?
- Will these decreased numbers make certain benefits more accessible to the remaining frequent flyers? (i.e. IKK, eupgrades, priority check-in/boarding)

Any thoughts?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
1) Altitude Announcement date Option trading can be done with me- I will act as a market maker. Oct 1 puts and calls trading now.

2) AQD to be revised to 15000 or atleast has an option to reduce it with AQM-

3) E35 lose free access to MLLs, or at least no more unlimited access

4) AC to further tinker with e-upgrade program in terms of co-pays.

5) AC will not have any meaningful new benefits for SE..

6) Reduction of benefit across the board for all other tiers.

We know AC already caved in to international J fliers outside of Canada because... well... AC got told to pound sand. Maybe the same will happen with domestic fliers - if they got any balls :P

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Oct 1, 2016 at 11:53 pm
Old Oct 2, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I think the new program will be announced as soon as the destinations bonus booking window ends.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: AC S100K
20K AQD = Super Elite, no benefit change
30K AQD = Super Duper Elite, 5 more Eups and 1 extra MLL pass
40K AQD = Really Super Duper Elite, 10 more Eups, 2 extra MLL passes
50K AQD = Ultra Super Elite, sit wherever you like, on any flight, FAs to deal with the ensuing chaos

Just joking of course, but could we see AC come up with something like this to further weed out SEs???
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by threeputt
20K AQD = Super Elite, no benefit change
30K AQD = Super Duper Elite, 5 more Eups and 1 extra MLL pass
40K AQD = Really Super Duper Elite, 10 more Eups, 2 extra MLL passes
50K AQD = Ultra Super Elite, sit wherever you like, on any flight, FAs to deal with the ensuing chaos

Just joking of course, but could we see AC come up with something like this to further weed out SEs???
100k AQD = SF. Special Snow Flake treatment.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Not quite sure what to expect with the 2017 program. I'd like to think that if they successfully dropped the number of AC FFs that they would return some benefits that were taken away in past "enhancements" however AC being cheap, would most likely keep the program the same way as it is now, then bring back old benefits. If they failed to get rid of FFs with the AQD, then I'm sure they would raise the amount up even higher.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: AC 35k
I'm actually surprised they don't put in a Global Services type arrangement. It's actually a good model - take the top X% of your best revenue customers on a per market basis... then provide some benefits.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
JJ's E35 access comment brings up the issue of MLL access. We all know the MLL is crowded. In large part, the high volume of pax forced the food selection to all but be eliminated, with neon green pickles becoming the "gourmet" food of choice.

AC has moved to the US airline model of a decade ago. I anticipate that now after gutting the lounge experience, AC may seek to eliminate access for some of the low end customers like E35s flying Tango or even flex. Many US lounges don't allow domestic F or business pax entry, so I would expect that AC would follow. We can look to a reduction of options for E35 and even an attempt to cut back on E50 options with the trend to E50 becoming E35.

AC is dominated by US consultants and advisers who recycle their failed operational strategies of gutting service and reducing support personnel all in the interest of maximizing short term profits. Of course, when they fail, they blame it on "market factors".
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
JJ's E35 access comment brings up the issue of MLL access. We all know the MLL is crowded. In large part, the high volume of pax forced the food selection to all but be eliminated, with neon green pickles becoming the "gourmet" food of choice.

AC has moved to the US airline model of a decade ago. I anticipate that now after gutting the lounge experience, AC may seek to eliminate access for some of the low end customers like E35s flying Tango or even flex. Many US lounges don't allow domestic F or business pax entry, so I would expect that AC would follow. We can look to a reduction of options for E35 and even an attempt to cut back on E50 options with the trend to E50 becoming E35.

AC is dominated by US consultants and advisers who recycle their failed operational strategies of gutting service and reducing support personnel all in the interest of maximizing short term profits. Of course, when they fail, they blame it on "market factors".
Seek to eliminate access? Why not just axe E35K and keep in like with the US system of 25/50/75/100. E35K is a legacy tier from the good 'ole days. People on FT have been predicting the demise of E35K for years. Maybe 2017 is the year they are finally right...
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Seek to eliminate access? Why not just axe E35K and keep in like with the US system of 25/50/75/100. E35K is a legacy tier from the good 'ole days. People on FT have been predicting the demise of E35K for years. Maybe 2017 is the year they are finally right...
I would be incredibly pissed off if they eliminated E35K this year. It's something they have to tell us ahead of time (although knowing AC they wouldn't). I purposely booked exactly 35 segments this year to get E35K. If I knew that it didn't exist anymore I'd save money and time and just hit the minimum for 25K.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
I purposely booked exactly 35 segments this year to get E35K. If I knew that it didn't exist anymore I'd save money and time and just hit the minimum for 25K.
This would, presumably, be AC's argument for why 35K should get the axe.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Nothing is impossible but unlikely that they would cut E35K for the 2017 Benefit year given that they have set qualifications criteria at the beginning of the year. The "right" thing to do, if they were to indeed drop this level would be to keep it for the 2017 benefit year and announce that they are dropping it for 2018 with the annual benefit announcements later this year.

Not a guarantee of anything but there was a very interesting AC Listens survey in the past couple of weeks around new benefits for 2017. I do expect some changes - just not sure which direction it will take
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:17 am

Predictions for. the 2017 program?
Here are my two cents worth.
1. Further enhancements will occur eg IKK reduced to 2 per year etc
2. FFs will bitterly complain and threaten to keave for greener pastures
3. AC apologists will say this is business, AC is in the game to make money and not cheapen the product
4. It will be business as usual
5. The loud laughter you will hear will be from AC
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AC ALTITUDE SE
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
It's October, and the Altitude program changes have historically been announced at this time of year.

With the new AQD requirements in place, I can think of two things to watch for:

1) Announcement of 2017 Altitude Program Benefits (Oct-Dec 2016)
- Will the AQD requirements for 2018 increase further? Has AC shrunk the number of elites/super-elites enough?
- What new and improved benefits will there be? Or will more benefits be cut?

2) Effective changes (Mar 1, 2017 onwards)
- Will decreases in the numbers of, plus assigned minimal monetary value of Elites/Super Elites change staff behavior?
- Will these decreased numbers make certain benefits more accessible to the remaining frequent flyers? (i.e. IKK, eupgrades, priority check-in/boarding)

Any thoughts?

can someone explain WHY they change the Altitude program EVERY year ? Has there ever been a status quo year ?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by YOWgary
This would, presumably, be AC's argument for why 35K should get the axe.
I would agree and how many of his segments were runs to get to 35?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.