FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Question: Tango fare release patterns on Rouge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1792841-tango-fare-release-patterns-rouge.html)

nk15 Sep 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Tango fare release patterns on Rouge

I have a question, does AC Rouge release cheaper tango fares (A, K, L, T)closer to the flight day, I am tracking a fare to LAS two weeks out, the flight seat map seems quite empty and I watched the S fares going from 9+ to 0 in a few hours on EF, so I am pretty sure these weren't purschased but they are just pulling the fare classes based on some kind of revenue model, what do you think?

Sean Peever Sep 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Generally speaking, flights to the US do not get cheaper within the last 2 weeks.

24left Sep 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by nk15 (Post 27258471)
I have a question, does AC Rouge release cheaper tango fares (A, K, L, T)closer to the flight day, I am tracking a fare to LAS two weeks out, the flight seat map seems quite empty and I watched the S fares going from 9+ to 0 in a few hours on EF, so I am pretty sure these weren't purschased but they are just pulling the fare classes based on some kind of revenue model, what do you think?

Here's an example I saw in the last couple of days:

YYZ-LAS RT for late January 2017

Seat maps and EF for ACr 1837 and 1836 show almost empty cabins.

Tango Fare was $242 + $287 = $436 All in (didn't look at the bucket)

A day later, $335 + $287 = $622

Looks like AC sold out of the single seat at $436. :D

nk15 Sep 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever (Post 27258491)
Generally speaking, flights to the US do not get cheaper within the last 2 weeks.

It is actually LAS-Canada, if it matters. I procrastinated buying it when it was $188, next day was 265, next day 300+ USD, lol. For a two hour flight midweek on an empty 767...They have to be kidding...I have back up award flights so I am gonna watch this play out for training purposes...

Wpgjetse Sep 24, 2016 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by nk15 (Post 27258516)
It is actually LAS-Canada, if it matters. I procrastinated buying it when it was $188, next day was 265, next day 300+ USD, lol. For a two hour flight midweek on an empty 767...They have to be kidding...I have back up award flights so I am gonna watch this play out for training purposes...

Remember, most non status pax do not select seats because of the cost. I take these flights around 7x per year(always mid week) and they are generally full. Mid week travel is usually for trade shows.

keitherson Sep 24, 2016 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by nk15 (Post 27258516)

Distressed inventory for leisure routes gets dumped to Air Canada Vacation packages. So unless you are going to book a hotel alongside the flights or deal with opaque/discounted bookings that are not public, 99% chance is that your flight will get more expensive closer to day of departure.

If you think a two hour flight for 300+ USD is excessive you haven't been flying enough.

nk15 Sep 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson (Post 27258552)
Distressed inventory for leisure routes gets dumped to Air Canada Vacation packages. So unless you are going to book a hotel alongside the flights or deal with opaque/discounted bookings that are not public, 99% chance is that your flight will get more expensive closer to day of departure.

If you think a two hour flight for 300+ USD is excessive you haven't been flying enough.

Yea, this probably will get more expensive for publicly available fares, this is also Vegas I guess. I am used to buying early the heavily discounted fares, so I am not liking this...