Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Why do folks close the shade in the bathrooms? Been flying a lot lately on the 777 & 787 and in bathrooms in midflight I see the shades closed? Who do these folks think is watching them?
Dolphin2, musicmtl and 5mm like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Why do folks close the shade in the bathrooms? Been flying a lot lately on the 777 & 787 and in bathrooms in midflight I see the shades closed? Who do these folks think is watching them?
Lol, good question :-) I opened the shade in the lav over the Atlantic yesterday on a 777!
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Lol, good question :-) I opened the shade in the lav over the Atlantic yesterday on a 777!

Yesterday between YVR & YYZ and then to DXB I opened the shade inflight five times!!!!!
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Yesterday between YVR & YYZ and then to DXB I opened the shade inflight five times!!!!!
They probably really, really have to verti-go badly.
yuk yuk

*ducks and runs out*
RatherBeInYOW likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan
The gremlin on the wing?
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: TK *G
I once almost left the shade open while we were still on the ground.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I do, because otherwise you flood the cabin with light when you open the door.

Just thinking about others...
acse17 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:06 pm

I flew YYZ- HNL a few years ago (direct Rouge flight) and was seated in the last row of J. Behind me was an older couple (60s ish?) in the bulkhead of Y who were more entertaining then the book I had brought to read.

When cabin service began in Y they ordered a few things (I assume from the menu) and acted shocked and appalled when asked to pay. The FA told them that no meals weren’t included. They handed everything back to her and said no that’s absurd. They argued amongst themselves for a bit then the male entered J to ask the FA why meals weren’t included on an 11 hour flight and his travel agent told him so etc etc. The argument got heated and she made him go back to his seat. Another FA approaches them and now they are claiming human rights violations for denial of food and state they don’t have a credit card and it posed a health risk. I think she came back with something to offer them (cookies or crackers?) and they refused stating it was not a meal. When it became clear that they weren’t getting anywhere they complained about the lack of entertainment and no live map. When they explained they needed to download IFE on their devices they began asking for a refund.

Throughout the next cabin service they again argued with the FA about free meals. They also called on an FA at least once an hour to demand where we were flying over.

Great entertainment in between their exchanges among each other (it was clear they knew the policies) and all their exchanges with the crew.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I had a very similar experience on a HNL-YVR flight a few years back with an older couple who clearly hadn't flown in about 15 years as they couldn't stop ranting about how there was no free food.

I get that some people don't travel often, but is getting a barely edible pile of slop for 'free' instead of paying $10 for it really the hill you want to die on?
Blondie85 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by eigenvector
I had a very similar experience on a HNL-YVR flight a few years back with an older couple who clearly hadn't flown in about 15 years as they couldn't stop ranting about how there was no free food.

I get that some people don't travel often, but is getting a barely edible pile of slop for 'free' instead of paying $10 for it really the hill you want to die on?
No different than those folks who pay almost $1K to fly from YYZ to YVR, but refuse to spend $25 for a checked bag.
Families who buy multiple cheap tickets ( no issued here, good on them) but no seat assignment wanting AC to put the family together in nice seats or have those who did pay or earn their seats to move for them.

OK.....I will stop as this is a rant!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I do, because otherwise you flood the cabin with light when you open the door.

Just thinking about others...

I hear you man, I am going to do an experiment tonight. I am on AC57, so I will have 14 hours on this 787-9. There are three lavatories with windows with two of them between curtains. I will be opening these shade several times on this flight and will see how many times people close them. I am bored and have seen all of the movies on AC, most of the good stuff on Netflix and I am wide awake as I ate half the jar of M & M in the Lufthansa lounge, so wired, awake and bored. Lets hope wi-fi is working lol

Last edited by HerpaYvr; Apr 14, 2019 at 9:39 am
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
There is no announcement on AC flights that welcomes Elite/SE/Star Gold members such as those on a handful of other airlines in Asia and Europe. How am I supposed to feel superior once onboard as I settle into my Y seat without a reminder of my status?
flyquiet and canadiancow like this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 7:39 am

Programs: SE100k, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by marke190
There is no announcement on AC flights that welcomes Elite/SE/Star Gold members such as those on a handful of other airlines in Asia and Europe. How am I supposed to feel superior once onboard as I settle into my Y seat without a reminder of my status?
What? The SD doesn't personally come by to say hello?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by acse17
What? The SD doesn't personally come by to say hello?
Are you being sarcastic? No crew has ever acknowledged me as an SE when I'm sitting in the back.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Are you being sarcastic? No crew has ever acknowledged me as an SE when I'm sitting in the back.
Then let me remind you of the thread title

Bohemian1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.