Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC FT Rants: What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Wouldn't it be nice if there was SQT (time). Think of all the extra time accrued by delays, removing luggage, customs metering, taxiing, etc
And time on hold, HUCA, getting disconnected...
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Transcon redeyes fly too fast, meaning less sleep time in J.
Or TATL flights all leave too early. If they all left CYYZ by 22:00, they'd still cross 30W within the NAT validity window.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Condensation puddles keep forming above my seat and drip onto my head, throughout the entire flight.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Condensation puddles keep forming above my seat and drip onto my head, throughout the entire flight.
Isn't that substantive?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Isn't that substantive?
Nope.
To me, it was at the bottom or near bottom of the substantive list.
It was certainly annoying, but I was just happy to get from A to B in one piece, and relatively on time.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:51 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I was going to complain about the superfluous "BOOKING CONFIRMATION & RECEIPT OR NOTICE OF AN ITINERARY CHANGE" email I got for some Aeroplan flights in September that were already confirmed eons ago and have not changed.

And then I looked at the flight dates and realized I had screwed up on booking the return by one day. Oops. A quick cancellation and re-book later, and we are good to go.

The email made me feel like an idiot because I couldn't figure out what, if anything actually changed.

The fact that I actually was an idiot for booking the wrong flights doesn't count. That's my logic and I'm sticking to it.

End of complaint.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The carpet in front of my seat was ripped, partially exposing the floor underneath.
painintheuk likes this.

Last edited by yyznomad; Apr 19, 2022 at 7:49 pm
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
I'd really rather have warm nuts in a ramekin than cold nuts in a foil packet.
krayZpaving likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
I really, really miss the warm towels.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:54 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Since, in recent days, this thread seems to have become the dumping ground for just about any complaints about AC, both substantive and not, I'm going to put a bullet in it. Some posts have been deleted or moved to more appropriate threads.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.