Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Current eUpgrade Promotion for eUpgrade Requests Made Until June 30, 2020

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/special-offers/eupgrade-offer.html

Upgrades to Business Class

US

Europe/Middle East/South America

Asia/Australia
Upgrades to Premium Economy

US (This is the only promotion for Premium Economy at this time)

Print Wikipost

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I normally would, if I were still Super Elite.
E75 because of 2mmer status or E75 because of the miles currently flown?
Old May 22, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Apparently domestic basic fares are upgradeable?
Is this new? Thought it wasn't the case.
Anyone tried it?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31126970-post239.html

@hydrogen

I'm responding from the post you made in the BE thread since this is related to eUps from a special (low) fare class category.

Either this is some weird SE-only hidden promotion, or it is a glitch or website error...

1. Basic Economy is not upgradeable based on the definition (rules and intent) of Basic Economy
2. The current eUp promotion only goes as low as Standard and Classic Reward
3. Why would only L be allowed for Basic but not the two higher Basic classes of S and T? If you notice in the chart you show, the Standard L is missing (only STAK are showing).

So none of this makes sense, but then again I wouldn't put it past AC IT

Bohemian1 likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:26 pm

Just need some expertise in regards to eUpgrades ..... I think I understand but very rarely use it. My wife has I think 20 from gaining Altitude25.

We are flying out of YUL return on Qatar but are going to book return to YUL from YWG on AC. I am assuming we have to book a FLEX fare in order for these to be eligible. Is that correct?....and then at that point there is no guarantee that the upgrade is approved / accepted as we would be at the bottom of the barrel? I just don't want to spend the extra money on FLEX fares if the likelihood of using these are next to nil.

Thanks.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Just need some expertise in regards to eUpgrades ..... I think I understand but very rarely use it. My wife has I think 20 from gaining Altitude25.

We are flying out of YUL return on Qatar but are going to book return to YUL from YWG on AC. I am assuming we have to book a FLEX fare in order for these to be eligible. Is that correct?....and then at that point there is no guarantee that the upgrade is approved / accepted as we would be at the bottom of the barrel? I just don't want to spend the extra money on FLEX fares if the likelihood of using these are next to nil.

Thanks.
From the wiki:
511 - 1500 mi

When are you guys flying?
The middle column in the above chart tells you how many eUps (plus applicable copay) is required, depending on fare purchased (the right most column).
In general...
Latitude requires positive R or Z space for an immediate confirmation of the upgrade.
Anything below Latitude requires positive R space at the eupgrade window.

Otherwise, your wife will be on the waitlist.

The current promotion is valid for requests made up to and including May 31, 2019, but this promo has been extended perpetually.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:41 pm

I might be a little slow to figure this out! LOL

Long ways away as we are not flying until February...…..all other flights are booked so we might just get this booked and be done with it. YWG - YUL pricing sure does not seem to fluctuate so I don't think it matters waiting...AC has a stranglehold on this route out of YWG and back...….only 2 direct flights I believe. If we were booking, I just thought if anything it would be nice to use the upgrades on the flight back to YWG since we will be exhausted.

What is the current promotion?
Old May 22, 2019, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bravada04
I might be a little slow to figure this out! LOL

Long ways away as we are not flying until February...…..all other flights are booked so we might just get this booked and be done with it. YWG - YUL pricing sure does not seem to fluctuate so I don't think it matters waiting...AC has a stranglehold on this route out of YWG and back...….only 2 direct flights I believe. If we were booking, I just thought if anything it would be nice to use the upgrades on the flight back to YWG since we will be exhausted.

What is the current promotion?
@Bravada04
The current promotion allows for using eUpgrades from lower fare categories: Standard and Aeroplan Classic Rewards (X). Copay may be required.
The promotion also allows for lower eUpgrades required pretty much across the board for domestic/transborder. Oh, and a larger window to eUpgrade in advance.

Please check the wiki as all the information is there regarding this promotion.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Appears the Promotional Upgrade program is no longer in effect as the last one ended Friday (May 31st). Could be the first summer in years we've not had a reduced upgrade chart in effect.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Appears the Promotional Upgrade program is no longer in effect as the last one ended Friday (May 31st). Could be the first summer in years we've not had a reduced upgrade chart in effect.
It could be a legal requirement. I'm just guessing but I know for example some places have to (by law) advertise their items (say - kitchens) at full price for 3 weeks of the year so they can show a discount the other 49 weeks.

Perhaps AC has been told they can't show a special offer indefinitely. Or it's just the latest enhancement. Or IT screwed up.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now extended "for eUpgrade requests" until July 1, 2019

@Shareholder and @jc94
From the "How to upgrade" thread... it really should be posted in this thread.

Originally Posted by Shareholder

Originally Posted by jc94
It could be a legal requirement. I'm just guessing but I know for example some places have to (by law) advertise their items (say - kitchens) at full price for 3 weeks of the year so they can show a discount the other 49 weeks.

Perhaps AC has been told they can't show a special offer indefinitely. Or it's just the latest enhancement. Or IT screwed up.
No, this eUpgrade offer has now been extended to July 1, 2019. I've updated the wiki.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by yyznomad

No, this eUpgrade offer has now been extended to July 1, 2019. I've updated the wiki.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html
Haha. When will AC finally make this promotion permanent and reduce the number of eUpgrade credits back to the same level pre-enhancement?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Haha. When will AC finally make this promotion permanent and reduce the number of eUpgrade credits back to the same level pre-enhancement?
Heck, I wish this would be applied to International, but hey, wishful thinking and FWP.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, AC SE
I've HUCA a couple of times and can't get a straight answer.

I understand from Flex to PY, it books into N, but availability is based on something that I can't look up. Fine, I get that.

Now it's my understanding if I use the flight pass, it will show blue for instant confirms vs grey boxes for waitlists. Likewise, if you go through the Air Canada website and show e-upgrades, it'll tell you whether seats are available or whether you'll be waitlisted.

Can someone just confirm that the air canada site is broken because it just pulls N availability which is just wrong since it can be rev or an eupgrade bucket?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Has the SE eUpgrade window on Comfort Fare for Sun Destinations always been 21 days?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now extended "for eUpgrade requests" until August 1, 2019

So that others won't assume that this perpetual eUpgrade offer no longer exists (and for those who have had no clue for the last million or so years ), it has been extended again.

Now extended "for eUpgrade requests" until August 1, 2019

Wiki updated.
Bohemian1 and jc94 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:06 am
zam

PE class

Hi. What class needs to be open for a PY upgrade to be cleared?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.